AUS - Khandalyce Kiara Pearce (Wynarka) and mum Karlie Pearce-Stevenson (Belanglo) #8

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This image shows a side we havnt seen before.
She loves her daughter very much and Kandhalyse is very happy and safe with mum.
just makes this sad to think that little girl was without her.

Karlie Pearce-Stevenson to be buried with her murdered daughter Khandalyce in Alice Springs

November 30, 2015 8:38pm
MATT GARRICK and BRYAN LITTLELYThe Advertiser

DAVMOQo.jpg

More at link above.

Thanks for bringing this back.
That suitcase was left out in the elements for sometime. If it was the one bought with her card then that is probably enough time to get it into that state.
Being covered by .. means that some or all of those clothes then made the way into the case and were found at Wynarka.
They can say that as they would know that there is some decomposition stain etc on those clothes. Not evidence of being in the case during decomp.
I have know dope growers and you dont want a body lying around in your grow space. The clothes would become moldy and rot. There is a chance of getting busted and you don't want murder charge as well.
The smell and image would be too much. Also usually a few people are involved and that is risky. More mouths more chance of blabbing.
Charcoal filters etc is too much hassle when we have such a large country to dump or hide in. And there was nothing elaborate about Karlies dumping.
The smell is only for a whilst. That old lady in Surrey Hills died in a terrace with neighbors on both sides. No one smelt a thing. She was there for years and years. Similar situation re : the decomp and clothes. She was a fully dressed skeleton but the clothes were stained from the the original decomp.
So a fairly remote shed would do. The reason for the moving could be the sale of the property etc, relative finds it and just wants it out.
The bag and clothes were travelling with her at the time of death I would say.

The killer or someone close to him or her then covered the body in a pile of clothes — maybe in an empty room, a cupboard or a shed. Then they left it for years — long enough to be reduced to a skeleton.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/la...a/news-story/840510a05a67a2c19e8e4f9dc78f33ce

How about this:https://www.google.nl/search?q=grow...ved=0ahUKEwjv-9ii5rjJAhUEkA8KHdcUB7oQ_AUIBygC

for an empty room, a cupboard or a shed?

Thanks for bringing this back.
That suitcase was left out in the elements for sometime. If it was the one bought with her card then that is probably enough time to get it into that state.
Being covered by .. means that some or all of those clothes then made the way into the case and were found at Wynarka.
They can say that as they would know that there is some decomposition stain etc on those clothes. Not evidence of being in the case during decomp.
I have know dope growers and you dont want a body lying around in your grow space. The clothes would become moldy and rot. There is a chance of getting busted and you don't want murder charge as well.
The smell and image would be too much. Also usually a few people are involved and that is risky. More mouths more chance of blabbing.
Charcoal filters etc is too much hassle when we have such a large country to dump or hide in. And there was nothing elaborate about Karlies dumping.
The smell is only for a whilst. That old lady in Surrey Hills died in a terrace with neighbors on both sides. No one smelt a thing. She was there for years and years. Similar situation re : the decomp and clothes. She was a fully dressed skeleton but the clothes were stained from the the original decomp.
So a fairly remote shed would do. The reason for the moving could be the sale of the property etc, relative finds it and just wants it out.
The bag and clothes were travelling with her at the time of death I would say.

I respect your opinion, but I'll stick to the grow tent for now. Maybe not for the initial decomposition, but it fits too perfectly where police expect the remains to have been stored before they were put into the suitcase.

Dont you think though you would want it out of sight. Every time you went to tend to your plants you would see the bones.

I respect your opinion, but I'll stick to the grow tent for now. Maybe not for the initial decomposition, but it fits too perfectly where police expect the remains to have been stored before they were put into the suitcase.

Dont you think though you would want it out of sight. Every time you went to tend to your plants you would see the bones.

I don't think there would have been plants in it. Just remains with clothes on top. Maybe in the back of a shed or whatever. It wouldn't have to be somewhere you would visit.

Why someone would want to keep something like that?
It would be the ultimate way to scare the crap out of anyone, wouldn't it.
You talk, you die. You mess up, you die. Mom messed up, she died (I think karlie wanted out of whatever she was entangled in). And this is her kid. If anyone can do that to an innocent 2 year old, you believe them you could be next.

http://www.news.com.au/national/south-australia/karlie-pearcestevenson-to-be-buried-with-her-murdered-daughter-khandalyce-in-alice-springs/news-story/80a7250b31e36217aa9480937e3c097c

ALMOST seven years after their tragic murders, toddler Khandalyce Pearce and her mother Karlie Pearce-Stevenson will finally find some peace when they are laid to rest together in Alice Springs next week.
But while the funeral on December 11 will bring some closure for family members, the sorrowful journey is still far from over.

Further to the personal papers, etc, it has always bothered me that Bill Boucaut, QC, would turn up with a plastic shopping bag full of papers whilst HP was waiting to be interviewed by homicide nvestigators; after having been interviewed by fraud investigators. Did we ever discuss 'What's in the bag?':

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...tevenson-(Belanglo)-4&p=12152303#post12152303
IMO
The paperwork sticking out of the top of the bag looks like a collection of A4 sheets clamped together. Approx 50 ?photocopy sheets (guestimate).
My guess would be that these are copies of HP medical records and rehabilitation records (obtained via freedom of information) establishing her where abouts at the time of the murder (s).
Addit: Because they are in a "shopping bag", I don't think her legal team have just obtained them, as it lacks professionalism.These documents were probably obtained earlier by HP herself for other reasons such as compensation claims, and the legal team has just retrieved them from where they were stored.

Sorry I miss understood.
No plants sure. If you have the gear why not.
Strange way to live knowing that your responsible for leaving a scene like that some where someplace.

I don't think there would have been plants in it. Just remains with clothes on top. Maybe in the back of a shed or whatever. It wouldn't have to be somewhere you would visit.

Why someone would want to keep something like that?
It would be the ultimate way to scare the crap out of anyone, wouldn't it.
You talk, you die. You mess up, you die. Mom messed up, she died (I think karlie wanted out of whatever she was entangled in). And this is her kid. If anyone can do that to an innocent 2 year old, you believe them you could be next.

'The Advertiser can reveal that when Holdom met Ms Pearce-Stevenson in Alice Springs and they started a relationship, he had been working as a car detailer in town. Ms Passmore was recovering from serious injuries sustained in a car crash near Marla in which two of her children were killed. Holdom was the driver. The pair had met through a mutual group, which Ms Harris said shared the attributes of “unfortunate circumstances”.

at least we can know that's why he had an ABN calling himself a 'car detailer'..

This whole relationship of Karlie, and Holdom seemed to move so fast, ... and it was a very short relationship, it seems.. Yet Passmore seems to know Karlie before her accident, hence the pic of Khandalyce at the car show. ( August 2008 ) .

The car accident is on Sept 15 2008 and ( Holdom is , after this date, to all purpose, a single guy as Hazel is in hospital ) Detectives say Karlie was murdered in December 14 /15 2008. . so that is a mere 12 weeks from go to whoa. Twelve weeks ,peoples.

September 15th 2008.. the car accident. . Holdom is the driver, <modsnip> 2 of Hazels children are killed, Hazel is rendered a paraplegic.

It therefore seems that after Sep 15th, Holdum would have joined this 'mutual group', that was formed of people in, or with 'unfortunate circumstances. ' .. I can see why Holdom has joined this group. <modsnip> I don't know what Karlie's 'unfortunate circumstances' would precisely consist of.. single motherhood? family dispute? I don't know.

It is strange that Holdom is , in September, ( although it could be October, I am giving it the longest stretch possible. ) suffering the effects of an 'unfortunate circumstance,' and 12 weeks ( it could be shorter, if he joined this group later) he is murdering Karlie. A fellow sufferer. This whole scenario just has so many questions that could be raised.

If Hazel knew Karlie before the accident, it isn't improbable that he knew Karlie before the accident too, and the meeting at the 'Unfortunate Circumstances ' group was serendipity, a re introduction and a lighting of the spark that convinces Karlie to join Holdum in his travels..

By December 14th 2008.. lets say ,10 weeks into the relationship, just for today's post, it could have been 2 or 3 weeks shorter, Holdom has left his job as a car detailer in Alice Springs as is I don't know what in Canberra, and is residing somewhere in Canberra, Karlie has left Alice, gone to Adelaide, travelled 5,200 kms in November alone at a cost of $620 approx., I don't know about October 2008 , could be the same distance and cost , on a Single Parent's payment, has gone down to Mt Gambier, bought a suitcase, and gone across to Canberra.

And by 12 weeks after the accident that wrecked Hazel, and say, 10 weeks after she is reacquainted with Holdom at the Unfortunates Club, Karlie is dead, and carefully hidden , for years , in the Belanglo Forest, and shortly thereafter, Khandalyce is dead and carefully hidden for years, we know not where at this point in time.

One way to look at this is, Holdom kills two children ( by accident <modsnip>) in September 2008, kills Karlie December 2008 and kills Khandalyce 'a short time after'.. probably late December 2008. That is quite the score, really.

Up thread it was mention he was a car detailer in Alice.

Our friend who has been a detailer for 25 years said he has removed the decomposition remnants of bodies in vehicles twice before. It's a big job that takes time. A gurney, chemicals & one surprising thing he uses is coffee beans to absorb any left over smells.
I'm wondering if Khandalyse was left in Karlie's vehicle.

Up thread it was mention he was a car detailer in Alice.

Our friend who has been a detailer for 25 years said he has removed the decomposition remnants of bodies in vehicles twice before. It's a big job that takes time. A gurney, chemicals & one surprising thing he uses is coffee beans to absorb any left over smells.
I'm wondering if Khandalyse was left in Karlie's vehicle.

well spotted, They'll.. I would never have thought that a car detailer would be au fait with that problem, but it makes a hell of a lot of sense, and the method (coffee beans) would be spread around the trade....

IMO it is. If Khandalyce's body was kept somewhere without people being alarmed by the smell of decomposition, there must have been a reason for that.

If you can camouflage cannabis smell, it might also work for decomposition odour.

Interesting train of thought. Thanks DutchTreat.

The article does not say that drug trade links were confirmed, only that police confirmed they were investigating the topic.

I am pleased they are.

That's exactly what I said! Yes, I'm pleased this is being investigated too, as it should be.

Further to the personal papers, etc, it has always bothered me that Bill Boucaut, QC, would turn up with a plastic shopping bag full of papers whilst HP was waiting to be interviewed by homicide investigators; after having been interviewed by fraud investigators. Did we ever discuss 'What's in the bag?':

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...tevenson-(Belanglo)-4&p=12152303#post12152303

Yes, we discussed it and even worked out what the logo on the bag was, although I have forgotten that detail now.
I think in the end we decided it was his lunch :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarlaJCarl