Australia - 10 year old girl stabbed to death, 17 year old girl arrested, Boolaroo (Lake Macquarie), 29 Apr '24

Boolaroo stabbing: Teenage girl accused in court of murdering her younger sister in Lake Macquarie region

The home was on a new development of detached bungalow properties that are largely owner-occupied and nestled in hills.
The quiet estate is normally the scene of people walking their dogs and kids playing, but on Tuesday it was still sealed off by police as forensic experts swarmed over the scene.
One neighbour said she thought the home where the alleged murder took place was a rental because the garden was the only one that wasn’t maintained.

Typical Daily Fail article - preoccupied with the type of houses in the suburb, whether they are rentals or not, and descriptions of the "type" of suburb or development it is. I'm just surprised they didn't list the dollar value of the house.
Also, obviously written by someone in the UK.

No one out here calls single storey houses bungalows. I've only ever heard UK relatives call them that.

Out here, we call them... wait for it... a house.

MOO

Also, obviously written by someone in the UK.
No one out here calls single storey houses bungalows. I've only ever heard UK relatives call them that.
Out here, we call them... wait for it... a house.
MOO
The term "bungalow" originally comes from the Hindi word "bangala," meaning "in the Bengali style." It was used to describe single-story homes with wide verandahs, often found in India. The British brought this architectural style back to the UK, and it became popular as a type of holiday or seaside home. It also spread to California, Australia and NZ. Australians started calling single-story houses "bungalow" in the early 20th century, mainly due to the influence of the California Bungalow style and its compatibility with the Australian climate and lifestyle.

Bungalows in Australia

The Miller family. The younger sister (Claire) killed her older sister (Helen).
This was in Lancaster County.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oiueroiuweoiruoiwueroiuwe
Back