Australia - 3 dead after eating wild mushrooms, Leongatha, Victoria, Aug 2023 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In the photo of Erin from this article I can see a bruise on her hand. To me, this bruise is a tell tale sign that she has had an IV line administered which adds credence to her statement that she was admitted to hospital and given fluids.
The redness on her finger, in line with the bruise, may also be a result of this procedure.
Example in picture (not Erin’s hand).

Attachments

• 5D3EE784-EEB7-4BBB-858F-3A43052A1E85.jpeg
    5D3EE784-EEB7-4BBB-858F-3A43052A1E85.jpeg
    14.6 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
In the photo of Erin from this article I can see a bruise on her hand. To me, this bruise is a tell tale sign that she has had an IV line administered which adds credence to her statement that she was admitted to hospital and given fluids.
The redness on her finger, in line with the bruise, may also be a result of this procedure.
I've no doubt she had IV fluids. I don't see how the sores about the knuckles and the fingernail could be related to that. (I have infusions regularly.) If there is a bruise on her hand it could be from whatever caused those other small wounds.

I've no doubt she had IV fluids. I don't see how the sores about the knuckles and the fingernail could be related to that. (I have infusions regularly.) If there is a bruise on her hand it could be from whatever caused those other small wounds.
People often bruise at an IV insertion site. I think the position of a catheter is in line with Erin’s mid finger injury where the plastic end often rubs.
The redness/sore in the cuticle looks unrelated.

A media release doesn’t mean that every Victorian sees or hears about it.

True, not every person reads/watches/listens to everything published or broadcast in any part of the world, but those two examples show that public advice is given in VIC.

as for the north west city news - it’s a publication that is specific to 4 particular inner Melbourne suburbs - north and west Melbourne, Kensington and parkville gardens - the vast majority of Victorians would not have heard of it.

Sure, it's up to individual newspaper publishers and editors to decide what they'll publish in their own papers. It would make sense for papers in areas where toxic mushrooms typically grow to publish such warnings periodically.

Again, whether people notice (and take heed of) such warnings is an individual matter.

I would suggest there is an age range of people (mine!) in country towns like Leongatha (where I have family), who cook quite traditional European fare. In Australia it is currently winter and Leongatha is cold and rainy and miserable. Leongatha is an area where dairy and beef are raised, so beef is widely consumed and a Beef Wellington would be the perfect dish. And as @Estelle pointed out above, the Women's Weekly had a lot to answer for with their 70's dinner party madness.. take a look at Twitter's '70s Dinner Party' for great examples!

Honestly, I just lost an hour to looking at 70s Dinner Party photos hahahahaha

Yes, I agree she had an IV fluid at the hospital as a precautionary measure. The greenish bruise, is off-centered, if it matters, and seems to go with the injuries on the middle finger.

Skin on the top of hands is thin. The last IV drip of mine was placed right near the nook of my arm and taped just below where the arm bends at the elbow but hers could've been in her hand.

Innocent or Guilty, Erin's life is currently most unpleasant, frightening even, with the anxiety of waiting. Fear of the Unknown.

EP is alone in the house without Simon or their two children. She knows her intentions on the meal tho -- one way or the other. Hope the children are able to visit w Simon during this watershed moment of their lives. Any return of normalcy is good for them.

They can test the un-eaten meal which EP supposedly saved for testing.
For sure and I'm sure it has been tested. We were discussing if there was a way to scientifically assess from tests of the victims themselves what variety of mushrooms were consumed. Vomited stomach contents prior to full digestion seems a promising option to my lay-person's mind. But we were wondering about other possibilties. Moo

New paywalled article. (paraphrased)

An officer said that proving intent to kill is what will make this a long investigation.
The Herald Sun understands that Simon almost dying from a gut illness last year was a major consideration in the police interest in the three deaths.
A former homicide investigator said that police will be forensically picking through EP's statement to discredit or validate everything.
The police will be looking through social media, internet searches, and location - looking for planning and potential motive.

Police have not changed their position that the children were at the house, not at the movies.

Intent to harm will be key element of probe into Leongatha mushroom meal deaths

She seems like a really bad Liar imo

It would be quite easy to prove the kids were at home and not the movies so why lie about it unless it’s part of the mystery of why she poisoned 4 people that lunch time ?

Another new article. (paraphrased)

Greg Moore, of the University of Melbourne’s school of agriculture, food and ecosystem sciences, says that Ian Wilkinson is exceptional because he hasn't died from the death cap poisoning.

They speculate that Ian will be able to tell police about the dysfunctional family dynamic, he will also be able to state why the lunch even happened.

The last official update is that Ian is improving, while the hospital decline to comment.

Troy Wheeler, a celebrity butcher in Melbourne, is having a run on his prepared beef wellingtons, which cost $95 each.
EP has posted a No Trespassing sign on her farm gate to keep media away.

Overseas experts, including academics, are assisting in the criminal investigation.

Leongatha mushroom poisoning: hope among the deaths for Ian Wilkinson

New paywalled article. (paraphrased)

An officer said that proving intent to kill is what will make this a long investigation.
The Herald Sun understands that Simon almost dying from a gut illness last year was a major consideration in the police interest in the three deaths.
A former homicide investigator said that police will be forensically picking through EP's statement to discredit or validate everything.
The police will be looking through social media, internet searches, and location - looking for planning and potential motive.

Police have not changed their position that the children were at the house, not at the movies.

Intent to harm will be key element of probe into Leongatha mushroom meal deaths
Omg the children were there! Well that’s just very, very interesting.

I’m really glad police are thoroughly investigating. I think back to how meticulous the Cleo Smith investigation was, and I’d like to see an investigation of that calibre here, and I’m sure we will.

Let’s hope Vic Police leave no stone unturned in this case.

All jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member