Australia - 3 dead after eating wild mushrooms, Leongatha, Victoria, Aug 2023 #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
She said she was afraid of losing the children, so assuming she's telling the truth, she was afraid of losing the children. I don't assume it.

I think she was under pressure when she came up with that explanation. It doesn't really make sense. It suggests to me an entrenched habit of DARVO-ing.

what is DARVO-ing?

what is DARVO-ing?
Acronym.

The perpetrator or offender may Deny the behavior, Attack the individual doing the confronting, and Reverse the roles of Victim and Offender such that the perpetrator assumes the victim role and turns the true victim -- or the whistle blower -- into an alleged offender.

Or you can find any number of links by googling.

I took it to mean she put the portions on plates and the guests then chose their plate
That's how I understood it too. This is what I do when I have people over for lunch if I've cooked a roast for example. One person likes the breast of the chicken, some the dark. My husband's family only eat beef or lamb if it's practically cremated so I put a portion in for longer to suit their tastes. I've never cooked or eaten beef wellington but my husband would definitely want the end piece but only a little slice, someone else would want a bigger slice and so on. It's easier to dish up the plates and get people to choose.

FYI you can edit a post for an hour after posting. You can't delete it but you can delete the text and put "DBM" (Deleted By Me) or just a dot.
Thank you but I posted it a number of hours ago and I don’t know how to go in and edit and or delete.

Ohhhh hang on. Why the reference to the Royal Family, JLZ?
Just having doubts about the friend's credibility. Whether the person knows Simon personally at all, or just has an opinion she or he needs to express. Like the friends/insiders to the royal family who leak to the media what turns out to be no such thing, and the 'friend' is perhaps an alter-ego of the journalist.

Just having doubts about the friend's credibility. Whether the person knows Simon personally at all, or just has an opinion she or he needs to express. Like the friends/insiders to the royal family who leak to the media what turns out to be no such thing, and the 'friend' is perhaps an alter-ego of the journalist.
I politely disagree. Journalists don’t split themselves down the middle and pretend to be their own sources. IMO

Acronym.

The perpetrator or offender may Deny the behavior, Attack the individual doing the confronting, and Reverse the roles of Victim and Offender such that the perpetrator assumes the victim role and turns the true victim -- or the whistle blower -- into an alleged offender.

Or you can find any number of links by googling.

oic
I would've googled but I thought it was Australian slang/lingo
interesting I've been following true crime for decades and never seen it before

that thought crossed my mind too
like when DM Britain has quotes from an American that is using strictly British lingo
their pictures are good but their stories are half fiction IMO

Could the guests have been in the kitchen when EP took out the Beef Wellington and were chatting while she cut up the pieces and plated it. Just before she cuts the second Beef Wellington she directs guests to choose a plate and sit down.

The guests chose their plate and then proceeded to the dining room in another section of the house to eat the meal.

Maybe one of the guests in the Ambulance said - other people at the dinner were also sick and that EP had made 2 Beef Wellingtons. MOO

“The friend told the publicationthat Mr Patterson’s family was worried about Ms Patterson’s “mental state” so they accepted the lunch invitation to “make sure she was in the right mental health to resume a relationship with Simon”.

“This wasn’t just a lunch, it was an intervention with the pastor as mediator. That’s why this lunch happened,” the friend said.

Here’s the quote about the family being concerned about EP’s mental health that was mentioned earlier.

Maybe "relationship" in this case means something more like, "contact". And it may be a mechanism that is the basis for custody? We really don't know if Simon and Erin had any contact at all before the lunch, let alone an amicable one.

that thought crossed my mind too
like when DM Britain has quotes from an American that is using strictly British lingo
their pictures are good but their stories are half fiction IMO
O/T but I can't resist it. I remember one about a royal gathering whose major purpose was to introduce to the family William's real girlfriend; Kate Middleton being a blind. The real girlfriend slipped in a side entrance for a few minutes wearing a rough skirt and jersey. Proof, they had a picture! She totally wasn't a maid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mygalacticmother