Australia - 3 dead after eating wild mushrooms, Leongatha, Victoria, Aug 2023 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
EP: told them (police) she dumped it there a 'long time ago'
EP: revealed she did so after her guests fell ill Link

PI on Under Investigation show: She's decided to go to the tip in Koonwarra [the tip closest to her house], and on speaking with the workers there, interestingly, without saying when did she come or anything like that, one of them stated to us that "I don't know because I wasn't working Saturday morning". Link

Lunch was on the Saturday, presumably in the middle of the day.
So there is a question of when the dehydrator was actually dumped.
But there is CCTV at the rubbish dump, so the police will know.

So this raises even more questions on her fictional telling of her story that day.

IMO

Well indeed but I wish we had some verified facts in all this case. We were told LE were waiting on toxicology but really how long would it take?

Also, just a random curiosity but wonder what EP is doing all day? Without her children and her usual routine and also in the face of this allegation that is known globally... a strange and unusual situation to be in.
nice she has her lovely black lab for company

Maybe someone might find some official report from the Department of Agriculture, but according to what I found, the biggest exporter of mushrooms to Australia is South Korea, 80% and then, China, 20%.

Now, spores are also imported to be grown locally, but specifically in the latter case, I’d expect the label to be in two languages.

I wonder if there’s any public health or medical journals that report genetic resistance to Mushroom toxicity.

Like some sort of gene that I’d you have that particular genetic or DNA mutation, the Death Cap mushroom poison will not affect you.

Just an idea. IMO

In short, not likely. It is not one gene polymorphism, it is way more basic protein synthesis system that will be involved.

Amatoxin works at the level of RNA polymerase II, not at the level of one gene, so it interferes with the synthesis of the proteins.

However, there is a question of absorption. Rhodents do not absorb it from their GI tract, but all humans do. It might be delayed, perhaps, as some people have had surgeries, or take some medications affecting GI absorption. Also, the amount of toxin might be different in different parts of the mushroom. It is all explained in the article. People might ingest different amounts, or if you want to live but kill your guests, I presume you might put more mushroom rings into one part of the beef and more bulb into another one, and take a small piece with mushrooms from the bulb yourself, and give the one with the ring parts to the guests. This way, if they test your stools or vomit, they might still find the spores of a.phalloides, but your survival chance is higher…but it is risky, I guess, as juices from the mushrooms melt and mix in beef.

Anyhow, Beef Wellington is on the list of 10 hardest dishes to make as it is, so I won’t mess with it.

Are we to accept her own statement as fact? I'm not sure I can do that at this point. I think she plays fast and loose with the facts sometimes. JMO
<modsnip - off topic>

I’m surprised Erin hasn’t made up two mysterious cars that were waiting outside with the deadly mushrooms therein, ready to mysteriously poison her relatives…

Jmo

Last edited by a moderator:
Well indeed but I wish we had some verified facts in all this case. We were told LE were waiting on toxicology but really how long would it take?

Also, just a random curiosity but wonder what EP is doing all day? Without her children and her usual routine and also in the face of this allegation that is known globally... a strange and unusual situation to be in.
Well, she has a dog to walk, and she may also be busy foraging, canning, bottling, etc. Lots of things are possible. And of course, she may have moved unobserved to her sister's home, which would probably be the best thing for her.

It's been reported here and elsewhere that such toxicology tests can take 'weeks to months'. The main reason, I gather, is that there is a huge backlog of them and limited resources onshore. (It's been suggested that the tests may have to be done overseas.)

It's been reported here and elsewhere that such toxicology tests can take 'weeks to months'. The main reason, I gather, is that there is a huge backlog of them and limited resources onshore. (It's been suggested that the tests may have to be done overseas.)
Trigger warning ⚠️

Possible distressing content ***

Just out of curiosity, low long do you think it might take to send a liver the the USA? Would they fly it on a plane with a handler do you think? It’s all quite fascinating.

Are we to accept her own statement as fact? I'm not sure I can do that at this point. I think she plays fast and loose with the facts sometimes. JMO

I think if we had a few more verified facts that went to more certainly define the contradictions or lies, then it would quickly confirm whether or not anything she says can be considered truthful.

Just out of curiosity, low long do you think it might take to send a liver the the USA? Would they fly it on a plane with a handler do you think? It’s all quite fascinating.
They can fly in a portable freezer on commercial aircraft, with or without a handler. So I’d expect it to move at the speed of commercial aviation.

Source: I was recruited as an organ recovery tech out of school.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966