Australia - 3 dead after eating wild mushrooms, Leongatha, Victoria, Aug 2023 #7 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I find it very unlikely that the defense will challenge the cause of death. The victims were immediately diagnosed as suffering from amanita poisoning. I'm sure there are test results and thorough autopsies. Will the defense claim that the three simultaneously deaths were just coincidence? No jury will believe that.

Just jumping off this part of your post ...

I was interested in seeing if other poisons could resemble amanita poisoning. I didn't see any info to say that.
But it is interesting that there are species of Amanita that are not deadly. That are edible.

Made me wonder if the defence could go for "accidental poisoning". Reasonable doubt.

Asian straw mushrooms and other edible species of Amanita look very similar to death cap mushrooms. Link

It might involve EP changing her story a little, to one where she did forage but was afraid to say so.
Or it might not involve a change of story, and the "Asian shop" accidently sold poisonous Amanita among its edible varieties (if it sells edible varieties, whichever shop that might be).

11.17 minute audio. Published today.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Escolada
Back