Australia - 7 dead in mass shooting and suicide - Osmington WA - 11 May 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I wish we had answers to everything. I know it's not any of our business, but I can't help but wonder where the son was that night (the one living on the farm). No, I don't suspect him. I'm just curious as to why PM killed all who were living on the property except for the son. Also, is that the same son that had gotten married a couple years ago? I wonder if he's still married, or if they separated and that would be the reason for him living on the farm.

The only answer I can think of is that PM was not only not of sound mind, but that he may have been financially in trouble. Then, I could see where he might have felt hopeless... if he'd only killed himself, that would've left his wife, Katrina and the kids struggling. If that were the case, maybe he believed all were better off dead. So sad if that's what happened. So sad regardless of the reasons.

I believe Neil is the son who married.

A bit of Facebook searching and you can match the faces to the wedding pic on Katrina's picture.

Sent from my TA-1012 using Tapatalk

This is what I found to be very strange:

"Answers to Australia’s worst mass shooting since Port Arthur are most likely contained in a two-minute triple zero phone call made by a man from the property where the murder-suicide took place.

“We know where the call was made from, we know whose phone it was made from," said WA Police Commissioner Chris Dawson, outside the Margaret River police station on Saturday morning."

https://www.smh.com.au/national/wes...4zexk.html?utm_medium=rss&utm_source=rss_feed

Police are saying here that they know where the call was made from.

So can we assume that the call was made from the family farm?

Police are saying that they know who owned the phone.

So can we assume that it was made from a phone at the farm - a landline or mobile belonging to Peter Miles? It was probably the farm landline phone as Peter's mobile (if he had one) would have required an access code if he did not make the call himself which police must doubt.

So who made the call? A male not a female made the call.

Police are saying that the two-minute triple zero phone call was made by a man from the property. Most media articles say that it was made by a man "connected to the property"..

So which men do we know so far who are "connected to the property"?

1. Peter Miles, the owner

2. Tom Miles, the son of the owner who lived in a caravan on the property.

So where was Tom that night?

Why don't we know more about Tom?

Was Tom at a friend's place that night and arrived home before 5am, noticed the bodies and made the 000 call at 5.15am?

So the police know when the call was made.

If so, why is it a mystery? Surely the police could tell the difference between the ages of the voices of father and son? Tom was 27 years old and his father was 61 years old?

Who identified the bodies? Was it Tom?

Is Tom the one who is arranging the funerals for his parents?

Did the killer take advantage and strike that night because he knew that Tom was not/would not be there on the property at 4am? (The night before was a Thursday night but the deaths occurred on the Friday morning about 4am.)

Did Tom regularly go out with the boys or his girlfriend (if he had one) on a Thursday night and come home late?

Where is Tom Miles now?

So if the police really wanted to identify who made that 000 call, wouldn't it be a simple matter of playing the call to persons who knew the father and/or son so they could verify who made that call? Surely that could have been done in the first 24 hours. In most criminal cases, police are sure of who made the 000 call.

Also Mr Miles also had been lining up farm maintenance work with a neighbour in Osmington, and was scheduled to meet up with him on Saturday morning at 10am.

https://www.smh.com.au/national/wes...4zexk.html?utm_medium=rss&utm_source=rss_feed

This is the first ie that I have read that the grandfather had actually lined up an appointment at 10am on the Saturday concerning work.

“I actually spoke to him the night before the incident,” said Richard Dosser, who lives about two kilometres down the road.

“I wanted someone nearby to check my property twice a week, or so. He was going to meet with me at 10 o’clock [on Saturday].”

So as Peter Miles had lined up an appointment on the Thursday night for the Saturday at 10am, it does not appear that at the time of that call, Peter Miles had any intention of not being alive on the Saturday.

So what happened between the time of that call on the Thursday night in Peter Miles' life and 4am the next morning?

Were there any other calls?

Was there an argument with someone?

All this apparently remains a mystery until the Coronial inquest has taken place.

Excellent questions that deserve answers.

Perhaps Tom was in Perth with his brother. His brother was undergoing major surgery. I find it unusual that none of his birth family were near to him at such a gruelling, stressful, worrying time for him. When he needed as much family support as possible. If the brothers are fairly close, it would be appropriate for Tom to be there ... with Neil's wife, presumably.

Perhaps that is why there is no question about Tom. The police may know he was far away at the time.

It may also have cleared the way for Peter to do what he is thought to have done, with no major interference.

I wish we had answers to everything. I know it's not any of our business, but I can't help but wonder where the son was that night (the one living on the farm). No, I don't suspect him. I'm just curious as to why PM killed all who were living on the property except for the son. Also, is that the same son that had gotten married a couple years ago? I wonder if he's still married, or if they separated and that would be the reason for him living on the farm.

The only answer I can think of is that PM was not only not of sound mind, but that he may have been financially in trouble. Then, I could see where he might have felt hopeless... if he'd only killed himself, that would've left his wife, Katrina and the kids struggling. If that were the case, maybe he believed all were better off dead. So sad if that's what happened. So sad regardless of the reasons.

Peter may have thought his wife, daughter and grandchildren would struggle without him. But women are strong and get through unbelievably tough times. Which is why I find it all so unfair.

I was looking at government family support payments the other day, for a woman with 4 dependents, to see what Katrina would have been receiving. Katrina could have made it through with the children. Thousands of families in similar situations do ... every day.
The same applies to Katrina's mum.

It's possible Peter decided to kill everyone after he placed the ads for work but before the neighbor called him and set up a time to meet. It would have been easier to set up a time to meet knowing he'd never show and the neighbor would later know why, than to try and come up with some reason to refuse to set up a time to meet at all.

I think refusing to set up an appointment after you placed ads for work would have looked stranger than setting one up that you never show for.

It's possible Peter decided to kill everyone after he placed the ads for work but before the neighbor called him and set up a time to meet. It would have been easier to set up a time to meet knowing he'd never show and the neighbor would later know why, than to try and come up with some reason to refuse to set up a time to meet at all.

I think refusing to set up an appointment after you placed ads for work would have looked stranger than setting one up that you never show for.

Yes, I think he had his plan firmly in mind when he was offered a job by his neighbour.

Another neighbour, Richard Dossor, said he called Mr Miles the day before the mass shooting to offer the 61-year-old a job.
Mr Dossor said he “sounded strange” on the phone.

“[He was] just not someone who I would have thought was keen to find a new client or customer,” Mr Dossor told Seven News.
“He didn’t seem enthusiastic if you know what I mean?” he added.

http://www.news.com.au/national/wes...g/news-story/b056d8e00aa6315d2150f727d8372309

This is what I found to be very strange:

"Answers to Australia’s worst mass shooting since Port Arthur are most likely contained in a two-minute triple zero phone call made by a man from the property where the murder-suicide took place.

“We know where the call was made from, we know whose phone it was made from," said WA Police Commissioner Chris Dawson, outside the Margaret River police station on Saturday morning."

Police are saying here that they know where the call was made from.

So can we assume that the call was made from the family farm?

Police are saying that they know who owned the phone.

So can we assume that it was made from a phone at the farm - a landline or mobile belonging to Peter Miles? It was probably the farm landline phone as Peter's mobile (if he had one) would have required an access code if he did not make the call himself which police must doubt.

So who made the call? A male not a female made the call.

Police are saying that the two-minute triple zero phone call was made by a man from the property. Most media articles say that it was made by a man "connected to the property"..

So which men do we know so far who are "connected to the property"?

1. Peter Miles, the owner

Was Tom at a friend's place that night and arrived home before 5am, noticed the bodies and made the 000 call at 5.15am?

So the police know when the call was made.

If so, why is it a mystery? Surely the police could tell the difference between the ages of the voices of father and son? Tom was 27 years old and his father was 61 years old?

Who identified the bodies? Was it Tom?

Is Tom the one who is arranging the funerals for his parents?

Did the killer take advantage and strike that night because he knew that Tom was not/would not be there on the property at 4am? (The night before was a Thursday night but the deaths occurred on the Friday morning about 4am.)

Did Tom regularly go out with the boys or his girlfriend (if he had one) on a Thursday night and come home late?

Where is Tom Miles now?

So if the police really wanted to identify who made that 000 call, wouldn't it be a simple matter of playing the call to persons who knew the father and/or son so they could verify who made that call? Surely that could have been done in the first 24 hours. In most criminal cases, police are sure of who made the 000 call.

Also Mr Miles also had been lining up farm maintenance work with a neighbour in Osmington, and was scheduled to meet up with him on Saturday morning at 10am.

This is the first ie that I have read that the grandfather had actually lined up an appointment at 10am on the Saturday concerning work.

“I actually spoke to him the night before the incident,” said Richard Dosser, who lives about two kilometres down the road.

“I wanted someone nearby to check my property twice a week, or so. He was going to meet with me at 10 o’clock [on Saturday].”

So as Peter Miles had lined up an appointment on the Thursday night for the Saturday at 10am, it does not appear that at the time of that call, Peter Miles had any intention of not being alive on the Saturday.

So what happened between the time of that call on the Thursday night in Peter Miles' life and 4am the next morning?

Were there any other calls?

Was there an argument with someone?

All this apparently remains a mystery until the Coronial inquest has taken place.

The police may have the answers to all those questions. Maybe that is how they came to the murder/suicide statements. They are not going to tell us every detail. We may never find out those details if the coroner denies access due to privacy concerns.

Peter may have thought his wife, daughter and grandchildren would struggle without him. But women are strong and get through unbelievably tough times. Which is why I find it all so unfair.

I was looking at government family support payments the other day, for a woman with 4 dependents, to see what Katrina would have been receiving. Katrina could have made it through with the children. Thousands of families in similar situations do ... every day.
The same applies to Katrina's mum.

In addition to Sole Parenting Payment and Family Tax Benefit, she would have also received Carers Payments for the children with Autism, and possibly Child Support from the ex. Given she was living on her parents property there may have been no rent to pay. She would have had enough to support herself and her children.

If PM wanted to leave this world but was worried about his family's future, a life insurance policy would take care take care of that. I was surprised to learn that my own insurance policy covers suicide after a waiting period.

So IF PM is the perpetrator - and we don't know that yet - there is some other reason he's decided to take them all out. I just can't fathom what that could be from his perspective. Nothing has come up that seems out of the ordinary of regular life stressors. Including depression... people with depression don't wipe out their whole family.

There's just so much we don't know yet.

Peter has shot the immediate family only pertaining to the exhusband who was on the boundary of the property. Not his whole family.

Peter was being medically treated for mental illness and probably on meds or has stopped taking them.
It will be found he had a form of psychosis at the time.

Gob smacked firearms werent removed from gun safe as procedure.

There is text messages and a 000 call that police have.

There will more than likely be no logic in what has happened, if Peter made sense on the 000 call.

This will more than likely be the result of paranoid delusion, sometime the result of stopping medication.

In addition to Sole Parenting Payment and Family Tax Benefit, she would have also received Carers Payments for the children with Autism, and possibly Child Support from the ex. Given she was living on her parents property there may have been no rent to pay. She would have had enough to support herself and her children.

If PM wanted to leave this world but was worried about his family's future, a life insurance policy would take care take care of that. I was surprised to learn that my own insurance policy covers suicide after a waiting period.

So IF PM is the perpetrator - and we don't know that yet - there is some other reason he's decided to take them all out. I just can't fathom what that could be from his perspective. Nothing has come up that seems out of the ordinary of regular life stressors. Including depression... people with depression don't wipe out their whole family.

There is so much we don't know ... and so much we likely will never know.

I have wondered if Peter's own marriage was struggling. I wondered why Katrina's mother posted Katrina's poem. Katrina's mother also had four children. But she comes from a much more private generation.

I have read nothing to indicate that there is any substance to my wonderings, just that Cynda did not want to speak about it ... and I think she must have been going through great struggles of her own, considering Peter's reported depression and sense of failure, plus the lifestyle change from town living to self-sustainance farming.

“I had spoken to Cynda just on last week and I said ‘you’re looking tired, is everything okay?’” she told 7:30.
“And she said to me then, oh, their son is in hospital up in Perth, he’s having major surgery and that was a concern,” adding that Cynda also confided there were “difficulties at home”.

“I didn’t want to push. I mean, if she doesn’t want to tell me she doesn’t want to tell me.
“But clearly Peter was becoming less rational and that was a worry to her ... He’s had a difficult life,” she said.

http://www.news.com.au/national/cri...s/news-story/25dd2b8edd269e380de5142c6e670893

While there might not have been any threat at the time, stressors such as marital splits do not help these situations.

Stress can be a trigger for mental illness leading to these actions.

Ive seen this before where our neighbour at about 60 years of age started seeing men in her cupboard.

She was shifted to a mental institution suffering delusions for everybodys safety..

It is said that often girls "marry their father" ......

It's said that women fall for men like their fathers both physically and personality-wise and now a relationship expert has revealed just why this phenomenon occurs.
Speaking to Marie Claire Dr. Judith Wright, from Illinois, Chicago, explains that 'pre-sexual programming' occurs at a very young age and children learn about relationships 'based on the way we are treated by their primary caregivers.'

Even if women have had bad relationships with their fathers they will apparently still go for a similar type of man because they think they can 'fix it and do a better job this time around.'
She added: 'You might think that you're dating the extreme opposite to your father, and yet the unconscious mind finds a way of slipping back into what's comfortable.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...reveals-women-attracted-versions-fathers.html

For all we know, Peter has conspired in his head the world has ended.

The rest is just guessing until an inquest is released.

It is said that often girls "marry their father" ......

It's said that women fall for men like their fathers both physically and personality-wise and now a relationship expert has revealed just why this phenomenon occurs.
Speaking to Marie Claire Dr. Judith Wright, from Illinois, Chicago, explains that 'pre-sexual programming' occurs at a very young age and children learn about relationships 'based on the way we are treated by their primary caregivers.'

Even if women have had bad relationships with their fathers they will apparently still go for a similar type of man because they think they can 'fix it and do a better job this time around.'
She added: 'You might think that you're dating the extreme opposite to your father, and yet the unconscious mind finds a way of slipping back into what's comfortable.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...reveals-women-attracted-versions-fathers.html

Do we have a percentage?

None of the immediate women I know have gone for men like their father.

See the comments on here and friends posting about how wonderful grandpa was but he killed them.
Have they came out and said they absolutely sure the grandfather killed them or are they just going by want it looked like when they first got there? After reading/listening to fathers statements I can't believe he didn't do it..I understand the grandfather was depressed over the death of his son but I still have a hard time with my fathers death and it's been 26 years. Is there anything out there that's shows the grandfather being a bad person? The father proves it every time he opens his mouth. I just want them to check all the evidence and anything they do before they have an answer

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Have they came out and said they absolutely sure the grandfather killed them or are they just going by want it looked like when they first got there? After reading/listening to fathers statements I can't believe he didn't do it..I understand the grandfather was depressed over the death of his son but I still have a hard time with my fathers death and it's been 26 years. Is there anything out there that's shows the grandfather being a bad person? The father proves it every time he opens his mouth. I just want them to check all the evidence and anything they do before they have an answer

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I am sure that the police are checking all the evidence.

bbm
Katrina's financial income may of recently changed as once a child turns eight (Kadyn, 8) the parenting payment single as it's now known ceases and is replaced under application with the newstart allowance. Newstart is based on the applicant searching for employment and is considerably less dollars than parenting payment.

http://singlemum.com.au/links/single_mother_financial_centrelink_benefits_support.html

bbm
Katrina's financial income may of recently changed as once a child turns eight (Kadyn, 8) the parenting payment single as it's now known ceases and is replaced under application with the newstart allowance. Newstart is based on the applicant searching for employment and is considerably less dollars than parenting payment.

http://singlemum.com.au/links/single_mother_financial_centrelink_benefits_support.html

She would still get the carers allowance and the disability bonus payment for each of the autistic children. I am not sure if the supporting parent's benefit is cut off when the youngest child is eight if you are a registered home schooler, that was the case few years ago, but may not be now.
Also at 16 the eldest child would go on to the Disability Pension.

New article ....

In Margaret River, police investigation turns from who did this, to why

Whatever was said in that Triple-Zero call also left the two officers satisfied they were not hunting “some crazed gunman”, and there were no other suspects.
Peter Miles, the reclusive former local high school teacher, had murdered six members of his family before turning the gun on himself.
The police investigation quickly turned from who did this, to why?

But as the local community searches for answers, Commissioner Dawson has already warned we may never really know what drove Peter Miles to carry out his monstrous act.

https://www.smh.com.au/national/in-...from-who-did-this-to-why-20180517-p4zfyb.html

They also have many help lines referenced at the end of the article. Something we know they do when a terrible situation has eventuated, and they want to show others the way to relevant help, if they need it. This is usually indicative of the situation, in my experience.

Lifeline 131 114; MensLine 1300 789 978; Beyondblue 1300 224 636; National Sexual Assault, Domestic Family Violence Counselling Service 1800 737 732; Men’s Referral Service 1300 766 491.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bluestlamb
Back