GUILTY Australia - Aiia Masarwe, 21, Israeli exchange student, murdered, Melbourne, Jan 2019 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Troops you are GOLD and always have been.
I need to thank you for the easy explanation of this difficult process.
All reports say he is aboriginal, homeless, no parents in the picture, a foster upbringing, only one sister who he is close to and is an addict.

I have a strong feeling this will influence the bleeding hearts but also because of the strong world attention the courts will have to walk that tightrope to appease both sides.
Your thoughts?

Troops you are GOLD and always have been.
I need to thank you for the easy explanation of this difficult process.
All reports say he is aboriginal, homeless, no parents in the picture, a foster upbringing, only one sister who he is close to and is an addict.

I have a strong feeling this will influence the bleeding hearts but also because of the strong world attention the courts will have to walk that tightrope to appease both sides.
Your thoughts?

You are on the money again, TGY. This particular crime has all the potential to be extremely divisive, and destructive along so many fault lines , not only within Australia. I bet the very first thing the Vic POL did was bring in the PALO's, who would have been at the arrest in the shelter shed at the reserve in Greensborough. Which is probably why that part of the event went so smoothly.

And they will be in attendance 24/7, a dreadful job for them, difficult and distressing , as much for them as for anyone else caught up in this thing.

Stolen generation, welfare distortion, bail proceedings, juvenile crime, parole effectiveness, foster care failures, it has all the ingredients for endless recrimination and fingerpointing, a plethora of platitudes and pronouncements , from all quarters of the spectrum.

But in the end, TGY, the mystery will still be unsolved. What made a 20yr old suddenly turn into a deliberate and concentrated rapist and killer? . I don't know where the answer to that one lies.

Last edited:
I'd think a lot of effort, a very great deal of time and money is being outlaid right now in making sure, making absolutely certain as it can possibly be, that he doesn't find some way to end his problem while on remand.

That said, the process of doing that could possibly send him insane, the perpetual watching and observation. It's a terrible conundrum, in so many ways.

You are on the money again, TGY. This particular crime has all the potential to be extremely divisive, and destructive along so many fault lines , not only within Australia. I bet the very first thing the Vic POL did was bring in the PALO's, who would have been at the arrest in the shelter shed at the reserve in Greensborough. Which is probably why that part of the event went so smoothly.

And they will be in attendance 24/7, a dreadful job for them, difficult and distressing , as much for them as for anyone else caught up in this thing.

Stolen generation, welfare distortion, bail proceedings, juvenile crime, parole effectiveness, foster care failures, it has all the ingredients for endless recrimination and fingerpointing, a plethora of platitudes and pronouncements , from all quarters of the spectrum.

But in the end, TGY, the mystery will still be unsolved. What made a 20yr old suddenly into a deliberate and concentrated rapist and killer? . I don't know where the answer to that one lies.

Troops wrote:
“But in the end, TGY, the mystery will still be unsolved. What made a 20yr old suddenly into a deliberate and concentrated rapist and killer? . I don't know where the answer to that one lies”.

Blame it on how society treats our indigenous people, his disadvantaged childhood and how we, as a society, are to blame.
In essence, Troops, it’s not his fault.
(Tongue in cheek comment).

Troops wrote:
“But in the end, TGY, the mystery will still be unsolved. What made a 20yr old suddenly into a deliberate and concentrated rapist and killer? . I don't know where the answer to that one lies”.

Blame it on how society treats our indigenous people, his disadvantaged childhood and how we, as a society, are to blame.
a defence barrister , one with the talent to get this point across without an overloaded sentimentality might be able to pull this particular one off , TGY. It's not improbable.

On the other hand, Melbourne juries have a stern and savvy finger on the pulse of their brother and sister Melbournians as to exactly what they will cop and what they won't.

It is highly unlikely that he would have a judge only trial. I just don't think that would be accepted, but I would only put 10 bucks on that, not a 50.

In any philosophers handbook , there is strong and valid points to be made that society, the community , is indeed responsible for the murderers among it.

It is hard to argue against that, no one has ever figured out just how to stop that element from rising out of the ordinary. It is correct to say they don't drop from the sky.

This Herrmann bloke is one of us. That just can't be dismissed, in the context of which you write, TGY. As much as Ms Aiie is one of us, as much as the shaken Detectives who have to deal with this. Your thoughts?

Yet here we are again.

Just like Eurydice, 22, and Jill, 29, Aiia’s life was cut short as she was making her way home alone after a night out.

The parallels between the killing of Aiia and Eurydice in particular are jarring.

Both in their early 20s, they had each been out to a comedy show on a Tuesday night, but never made it home.

https://www.theage.com.au/national/...e-adopted-city-she-loved-20190117-p50rwe.html

She was discovered minutes before 7am – barely alive, it is thought – 100 metres from the tram stop, in bushes lining the back of a shopping centre.
She rang her sister using FaceTime as she walked home that warm Summer night – phoning someone, like many women do while travelling alone late at night, as a form of protection – when their conversation was interrupted by a voice, or voices.

https://www.theage.com.au/national/...e-adopted-city-she-loved-20190117-p50rwe.html

He raped and maimed this poor girl and left her to die alone in indescribable pain for possibly 6 hours.

No heart. No excuse. I don’t care what the bleeding hearts think.

Yet here we are again.

Just like Eurydice, 22, and Jill, 29, Aiia’s life was cut short as she was making her way home alone after a night out.

The parallels between the killing of Aiia and Eurydice in particular are jarring.

Both in their early 20s, they had each been out to a comedy show on a Tuesday night, but never made it home.

and all this is true, the similarities shared among these precious women are uncanny and in a way, it only underlines the determination of women to get a laugh out of this life business , whatever it takes.

It is the similarities of the perpetrators that is 100 more disturbing.

On bail, in the area of age described as youth, , youngish, unemployed and unemployable, ugly, ( this is a subjective view but it is valid, nonetheless ) dismissed, in general, by women, angry, substance abusers, and at heart, thieves.

Bailey took their stuff, and their lives, a born thief... Herrmann took Aiie's stuff, plus her life, a long term committed thief, and the other bloke was on the radar of that kind of petty crime.

It is the similarities of the killers that surely has to be a factor in some sort of pre-emptive strike?.. dangerous ground, I know this, civil liberties , presumption of innocence, all this stuff, I know all this,....

but some time, there comes a time when a community gets up on it's hind legs and comes down heavy.

These women's deaths, terrible deaths, committed by useless buggers, with nothing better to do, there has to be some sort of way of halting this.. ?

One of the most jarring similarities about these three women in particular, Jill, Eurodyce, Aiie, is the undeniable fact that they were all women making their way in the world, they had plans, careers, successful, all of them were women of a particular beauty, striking looking women, with real presence and it is probable that they projected this sort of power, this unarguable ambience of a woman striding thru the world on her own terms, that struck a terrible , unbearable envy in their killers.

Troops wrote:

The prosecution could argue a lot of people unfortunately have those circumstances and it doesn't turn them into killers. If he is mad a the system that is one thing, but that is no reason to take it out on a young innocent girl in such a despicable manner. His Facebook post on 6 Jan (I believe?) indicates premeditative and sexual motivation.

Eurydice Dixon: Jaymes Todd
Jaymes Todd who senselessly murdered Eurydice Dixon was a ‘sandwich short’, I can see he pleaded guilty but I can’t find if his sentence has been handed down, am I correct?

What I’m getting at here is both murderers are ‘disadvantaged’ in someway and first timers so I’m interested if Jaymes Todd’s sentence will influence this.

Eurydice Dixon: Jaymes Todd pleads guilty to rape and murder of comedian

Eurydice Dixon: Jaymes Todd
Jaymes Todd who senselessly murdered Eurydice Dixon was a ‘sandwich short’, I can see he pleaded guilty but I can’t find if his sentence has been handed down, am I correct?

What I’m getting at here is both murderers are ‘disadvantaged’ in someway and first timers so I’m interested if Jaymes Todd’s sentence will influence this.

Eurydice Dixon: Jaymes Todd pleads guilty to rape and murder of comedian

Todd has been adjudicated as unable to either instruct his barrister, or comprehend the charges to the degree necessary to conduct a trial. In other words, intellectually challenged, to a degree that makes him subject to a life time in the Psych ward in an enclosed prison, which is where he is.

However, he was clever enough to traipse around Melbourne following a woman walking home and clever enough to disable her enough to rape her before killing her. So not that stupid. But there it is.
Todd will stay where he is until at any stage it is determined that he is able to cogently instruct a barrister to conduct his own trial.

This isn't going to happen any time soon, not this century. Every few years his case will be examined to find out if he has attained any capacity to be tried.

It is the similarities of the killers that surely has to be a factor in some sort of pre-emptive strike?.. dangerous ground, I know this, civil liberties , presumption of innocence, all this stuff, I know all this,....

but some time, there comes a time when a community gets up on it's hind legs and comes down heavy.

These women's deaths, terrible deaths, committed by useless buggers, with nothing better to do, there has to be some sort of way of halting this.. ?

Troops wrote:

IMO there is a line up, waiting, another generation in the making. As long as there are excuses, violent *advertiser censored*, dugs and this rapper bullshyte this will always randomly happen. And no-one will be able to predict who, why and when.

The father of accused killer Jaymes Todd has described how his shocked family is struggling to comes to terms with his son's arrest and had "no inkling" Jaymes could allegedly be connected to the Carlton North attack.

Jason Todd told The Age on Friday his family was stunned when told the 19-year-old had been charged with the rape and murder of aspiring comedian Eurydice Dixon

https://www.theage.com.au/national/...todd-s-father-speaks-out-20180615-p4zlrp.html

Todd has been adjudicated as unable to either instruct his barrister, or comprehend the charges to the degree necessary to conduct a trial. In other words, intellectually challenged, to a degree that makes him subject to a life time in the Psych ward in an enclosed prison, which is where he is.

However, he was clever enough to traipse around Melbourne following a woman walking home and clever enough to disable her enough to rape her before killing her. So not that stupid. But there it is.
Todd will stay where he is until at any stage it is determined that he is able to cogently instruct a barrister to conduct his own trial.

This isn't going to happen any time soon, not this century. Every few years his case will be examined to find out if he has attained any capacity to be tried.

This is dreadful. I am sick of this 'diminished responsibility' lenient sentencing that seems to be occurring all the time now. If these people are not fit for society they need to live somewhere else where they can't rejoin the rest of the population.

In any philosophers handbook , there is strong and valid points to be made that society, the community , is indeed responsible for the murderers among it.

It is hard to argue against that, no one has ever figured out just how to stop that element from rising out of the ordinary. It is correct to say they don't drop from the sky.

This Herrmann bloke is one of us. That just can't be dismissed, in the context of which you write, TGY. As much as Ms Aiie is one of us, as much as the shaken Detectives who have to deal with this. Your thoughts?

I know women and everyone should have a right to walk safely, freely but unfortunately my thoughts Troops are women MUST NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES risk being another statistic. Simple.
ALL WOMEN UNITE FOR SAFETY ON OUR STREETS is bullshyte and we can jump up and down but we have to come to terms with this.
It breaks my heart to say this but unfortunately it’s fact.
Old and young women, men walking alone as well are all prey for a quick buck, release a violent intention, sex or murder.
The older I live, the less I understand.

One of the most jarring similarities about these three women in particular, Jill, Eurodyce, Aiie, is the undeniable fact that they were all women making their way in the world, they had plans, careers, successful, all of them were women of a particular beauty, striking looking women, with real presence and it is probable that they projected this sort of power, this unarguable ambience of a woman striding thru the world on her own terms, that struck a terrible , unbearable envy in their killers.

THIS

This is dreadful. I am sick of this 'diminished responsibility' lenient sentencing that seems to be occurring all the time now. If these people are not fit for society they need to live somewhere else where they can't rejoin the rest of the population.

I agree BUT there will always be the first timers and when will they strike? To what degree is always unknown.
The who, when, where and why is the question which IMO has no answer.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman
Back