GUILTY Australia - Aiia Masarwe, 21, Israeli exchange student, murdered, Melbourne, Jan 2019 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Aya Maasarwe’s body returning home a week after she was found dead
Aya Maasarwe's body will leave Australia with her mourning family today, a week after she was found dead in bushes outside a Melbourne north shopping centre.

The 21-year-old will make her final journey to Israel after Victorian authorities released her body to family yesterday.
Ms Maasarwe's funeral will take place on Wednesday (local time) in Israel.

Her family has been desperate to have her body released so they can bury her in line with their Muslim faith
Aya Maasarwe's body to leave Australia

Murder accused Codey Herrmann may be vulnerable in custody, court hears

'The court heard it will take detectives at least 12 weeks to compile their evidence, which includes processing CCTV footage.'

This is the first mention of CCTV evidence, which a lot of us had hoped and expected would be a factor.

The CCTV stuff may shed some light onto where Herrmann roamed around that night, as well as Aiia , and at what point they intercepted.

Still unknown. The sequence and motive /intention.

Was it a robbery that turned into opportunistic rape then murder?

A rape that then had to be a murder, so it might as well be a robbery also?

A murder that turned into opportunistic rape and robbery?

To offer a totally outsider opinion, meth seems to be the culprit here, not race (if anything other than his own twisted cognisance is to blame)

It's hard to imagine that he went from a petty thief to a cunning murderer and rapist without some sort of chemical substance 'assistance'.

Something about how he looks now, in the pics of him in the police car, he hasn't a clue what went on, a sort of bafflement.

If he did do it cold, off his own bat , so to speak, that is a whole other horror.

S**t parentage + foster care + meth + indescribable X factor = killer.

It's the X factor that's interesting as there are at least thousands of people in the world who share the first three traits but not the fourth...or what comes after the equals sign.

100 upticks, Sleuthermelb… that about nails it, really.

Just as a further comment on having a data base of DNA, here in AU, as a tool for swiftly identifying persons of interest, this article caught my eye this morning. …

https://www.canberratimes.com.au/po...espect-audit-blasts-acic-20190121-p50sog.html

'The Auditor-General has savaged the Australian Criminal Intelligence Commission's management of its failed biometric identification database, labelling it "deficient in almost every significant respect".

The commission, formerly known as CrimTrac, announced in June last year it would dump the project, which was meant to replace an existing national database of fingerprints used by law enforcement, as well as provide added capability for a facial recognition database.'

( there is a lot of potential for a colossal muckup of DNA collection , storage and retrieval, right there)

This is bad news, now.

'Aiia Maasarwe's accused killer was granted bail three times in the months before he allegedly raped and murdered the Israeli student.

Codey Herrmann was first released in August after he was hauled before a court on charges of car theft, careless driving, and driving without an instructor.'

His bail was extended and a hearing set for December 20 in the Heidelberg Magistrate's Court, but he failed to show up, court records show.

He was arrested on a bench warrant on December 29, but instead of being locked up, he was granted bail a third time.

Herrmann spent so little time behind bars that his Legal Aid lawyer Guillaume Bailin on Monday said it was his first time in custody.'

Respect.

What we’ve got wrong about slain Aiia

The 21-year-old was Palestinian, yet because of the title of her passport, she was described in news reports as Israeli or Arab-Israeli — terms she and her family, like many Palestinians, reject.

It’s a commonly forgotten distinction, but one her family was determined to have recognised.

Ms Maasarwe’s family shared that the young woman killed in a terrifying unprovoked attack last week identified as Palestinian Arab, but the correction did not immediately flow through.

Palestinians overwhelmingly rejected being called Arab Israelis, a term prescribed by Israel’s government, whose laws, she wrote, “discriminate against Palestinians because they are not Jewish-Israelis”.

“News outlets in Australia would have initially seen coverage by Israeli news and just gone with that without questioning it, dissecting it, without trying to find out what the accurate term is,” she said.

“It’s one of many systematic ways of erasing Palestinians.”

It's hard to imagine that he went from a petty thief to a cunning murderer and rapist without some sort of chemical substance 'assistance'.

Something about how he looks now, in the pics of him in the police car, he hasn't a clue what went on, a sort of bafflement.

If he did do it cold, off his own bat , so to speak, that is a whole other horror.

That's the worrying part for me also.

I wonder if he stalked her? Maybe not on the actual day but prior to. It's not like he didn't have a lot of time on his hands?

This is bad news, now.

'Aiia Maasarwe's accused killer was granted bail three times in the months before he allegedly raped and murdered the Israeli student.

Codey Herrmann was first released in August after he was hauled before a court on charges of car theft, careless driving, and driving without an instructor.'

His bail was extended and a hearing set for December 20 in the Heidelberg Magistrate's Court, but he failed to show up, court records show.

He was arrested on a bench warrant on December 29, but instead of being locked up, he was granted bail a third time.

Herrmann spent so little time behind bars that his Legal Aid lawyer Guillaume Bailin on Monday said it was his first time in custody.'

Huge failure by the magistrate but no surprises. They are extremely lenient on young offenders. (Speaking from experience with a wayward relative.)

I find it creepy that a) there have been sexual assaults on 86 tram recorded (the link published earlier b) this woman was likely seen & followed off 86 tram c) the hat is "1986".

Self-referential?

Now that I'm reflecting on this (and being naff enough to quote my own quote!) .......it REALLY irks me that the key link is this "very identifiable" clothing ......not AT the scene ....close enough to be found. Several days later a female police offer recalls KH wearing that (but presumably it has some other link eg dna).

But again. ...this isnt proof.

How many killers go to the effort of disguising the link (information not openly available but as per hinch tweet) then just leave a tshirt right there?

He is arrested. Hes a "bad" kid. Forensic history. Substance dependent. Fits the bill.

Hmmmm thinking out loud

'She was an angel': Aya's family depart Australia ahead of funeral in Israel
The father of Aya Maasarwe has remembered his daughter as an “angel”, as his family returns home to Israel with her body.

Saaed Maasarwe and relatives boarded a flight out of Melbourne this afternoon with numerous notes, artworks and other tributes which have been left since the student was found dead last week.

Mr Maasarwe became tearful at the airport as he prepared to jet home to Israel with his daughter's body.
UPDATE: Aya's father remembers daughter as 'an angel'

Speaking on his daughter’s legacy, Mr Maasarwe expressed hopes for a more peaceful world.

"If this, our tragedy, can make the world, make Australia also better and more beautiful and can save the life of more people - this is the message we want to send, for peace, for love each other,” he told Rivzi.

"I wish for her to be in the paradise and everything to be good for her in another way... another place she is now.”

That's an interesting thought & good thought.

I suppose I'm just wondering whether it follows that the particular items being seen on someone days prior and then discarded nearby is enough evidence of the owner's involvement

I wonder if they linked the t-shirt with the scene due to traces/smell of accelerant...as per Hinch’s tweet...MOO

Maybe the decision of discarding his clothes so he wouldn't be recognised from CCTV but because the clothes were left close by he was identified because of that decision.
Thank goodness he did.

Last edited:
Speaking on his daughter’s legacy, Mr Maasarwe expressed hopes for a more peaceful world.

"If this, our tragedy, can make the world, make Australia also better and more beautiful and can save the life of more people - this is the message we want to send, for peace, for love each other,” he told Rivzi.

"I wish for her to be in the paradise and everything to be good for her in another way... another place she is now.”

What a beautiful man. My heart aches for him

That's an interesting thought & good thought.

I suppose I'm just wondering whether it follows that the particular items being seen on someone days prior and then discarded nearby is enough evidence of the owner's involvement

I would imagine they also were able to link his DNA to her attack. I highly doubt they simply saw his clothes nearby and pinned the murder and sex assault on him based solely on that. She probably had his DNA under her fingernails, etc.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChriNBelusk0
Back