Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wanted to write yesterday that I would have nightmares about that kiss too. But I stopped short at posting concerned that people would think I was against 'oldies having a pash'.....I dont mind anyone having a pash.....but that sort of display is left for private....and the older one is, the more they should understand that....so they should have known better...lol

Yeah we need oldies to enjoy themselves, but in the situation, with tv cameras there, that was an insight into the family no one wanted. It really was pretty stupid, giving any sort of indication the family is maybe not quite normal. Plus there's a pash and there's the same tongue action cockatoos use to open sunflower seeds. not trying to make light of this awful tragedy, all our thoughts should be with her little girls. Worrying they are staying in that environment, really.

If we thought the police were crossing their t's and dotting their I's before this body was found - then I think we are going to have a bit of wait while they get everything in order before they present any information to the public. And let us hope that this case is as watertight too!

The emotion and stress of this case was all to apparent on

Detective Superintendent Mark Ainsworth face today. ( He was the one that did the earlier press conference today.) He was incredibly respectful to the families and was really not trying to play the community as the fool. It was really heartfelt - and really there was nothing to be gained by watching or hearing the Dickies grief (let them grieve privately for sure) and honestly the other members of the family have been enjoying providing a spectacle for reporters so it seriously better to ignore them!!!!!

What are your thoughts on where the body was horribly 'dumped' ? Do you think that perhaps it has travelled down the river, or left at Mt Crosby/Anstead?

When I saw one of the pics of underneath that bridge my first thought was she'd been thrown over. Wasn't it mentioned she was found on the bank??

As for that yuck kiss, I think it was a full on "let's give them something to talk about" as they knew the cameras were focused straight at them.

Detective Superintendent Mark Ainsworth face today. ( He was the one that did the earlier press conference today.) He was incredibly respectful to the families and was really not trying to play the community as the fool. It was really heartfelt - and really there was nothing to be gained by watching or hearing the Dickies grief (let them grieve privately for sure) and honestly the other members of the family have been enjoying providing a spectacle for reporters so it seriously better to ignore them!!!!!

Have to say, I agree completely. I picked up a very respectful vibe from him and thought that he was the right person to be representing this family. I think he would provide good support for the Dickies while they have been waiting for some good news at the showgrounds, which unfortunately, never came :(

Marlywings, I got the exact same feeling, that she was thrown over :(
With all the rain, its possible that the body has washed up on the bank....

Not to harp on about the kiss .. WHICH WAS FREAKIN' WEIRD LET'S FACE IT!! But this case just reminds me of how people THINK that just because people are of a certain demographic - ie conservative, middle class, leafy suburbed etc that they are also 'nice'. This is a total fallacy.

You know the old adage .. Never judge a book .. I've always thought that the weirdest things go on in the houses where the people are ticking all the 'nice' boxes.

Call it reverse snobbery or what you will. And give me the slightly 'openly darker' working classes any day.

I agree with a lot of posts here regardig his parents ridiculous kiss, seriously, their daughter in law was missing, their grand kids are distraught, her parents are besides themselves and their respose to this horrible situation is to put on some vulgar out of place display of affection with weird smiles in tow for the benefit of who? All it did was make them look like callous people who are more concerned about their own privacy being compromised that the fact that their own daughter in law has been at that stage missing for a week. Some people have suggested this is strange behaviour, I actually find it to be thoughtless and disrespectful, I guarantee Allison's parents at no stage were in any mood for that kind of behaviour with the life of their daughter hanging in the balance and lost. Absolute disgrace and only entertains my theory that this family will do what they want and have no concern for others. If he is convicted I hope Allison's parents end up with the girls as they will need all the proper and appropriate love and support they can get, I doubt pashing grannies will help them feel any better about losing their mother!!

They where asking for sightings of the cars from 8pm the other day so that is not a new thing.

Oh I must have missed this unfortunately.

I passed Kholo Creek at around that time. My husband thinks my psychic ability is because I saw something there, but I don't recall anything.

Well said BrisbaneGirl!!

There is a time and place for everything, if they needed to kiss that badly, do it behind closed doors. But like you say, who would feel the need for it in a time like this. Hug and hold each other, yes, but who needs that sort of behaviour, especially in front of the media. Its just not appropriate, and very tasteless, very very poor.
Goes to show you though, what sort of son they have raised. Very disrespectful and selfish.

I agree with a lot of posts here regardig his parents ridiculous kiss, seriously, their daughter in law was missing, their grand kids are distraught, her parents are besides themselves and their respose to this horrible situation is to put on some vulgar out of place display of affection with weird smiles in tow for the benefit of who? All it did was make them look like callous people who are more concerned about their own privacy being compromised that the fact that their own daughter in law has been at that stage missing for a week. Some people have suggested this is strange behaviour, I actually find it to be thoughtless and disrespectful, I guarantee Allison's parents at no stage were in any mood for that kind of behaviour with the life of their daughter hanging in the balance and lost. Absolute disgrace and only entertains my theory that this family will do what they want and have no concern for others. If he is convicted I hope Allison's parents end up with the girls as they will need all the proper and appropriate love and support they can get, I doubt pashing grannies will help them feel any better about losing their mother!!

That post my dear is called.....Hitting the nail on the head!!!!

on the QLD police facebook page they are deleting posts and banning people from the page because of their comments.

Have the police been deleting posts and banning people from their facebook page from day 1 in this case or have they just started? If they have just started, perhaps they are preparing to charge somebody and any comments they display on their facebook page may soon be sub judice and could be seen to influence the trial.

It's so weird that (a) someone in this forum nailed the spot (you spooky thing, Alicat, if I ever go missing I want you on the case) and (b) a Scout camp might be involved for crying out loud. If it's implicated as a crime scene either Mr Baden-Clay is being deliberately fitted up or he is giving his esteemed heritage one hell of a slap in the face. Maybe he could never quite live up to their idea of what a Baden-Powell/Clay man should be.

Mrs Norris - unfortunately this type of crime is endemic to all classes and cultures.
"Call it reverse snobbery or what you will. And give me the slightly 'openly darker' working classes any day. "

But these crimes will never stop those that think they are above the law or take the law into their own hands.

I think from what I have seen, they were removing posts from the beginning.

Goes to show you though, what sort of son they have raised. Very disrespectful and selfish.

Yes I agree, when I first read he'd gone & hired a criminal lawyer on the very day he reported Allison missing I thought how weird. If one has done nothing wrong & has nothing to hide one doesn't need to be worrying about hiring a lawyer. All his thoughts & actions should have been focused on his missing wife. Instead, he was focused on looking after himself.

They always remove things from facebook, not just this case. I think it's because no-one has been charged and they want everyone to respect the family. (Allison's family etc)

Just reading some of the posts on facebook, the latest I read from a friend/family member, sounds as if their hinting all their love and support to her side of the family only and almost hinting that they think the husband has done it.

I would be very surprised if he didn't do it or wasn't involved somehow.

I just don't know how someone can do that to someone they love, if he did it of course.
Will be interested to see how this plays out.

If it was him I wonder if there were instances in his past where he has lost his temper quite suddenly and of course in a frightening way. If he did lash out then there were probably other instances maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CAC6968