Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonder what raising the right eyebrow indicates.....
Raising the eyebrows is a manner of convincing usually done by someoe in a defensive or pleading manner, also when you know you have done something wrong. Think about doing it yourself when you talk and you will understand whta I am saying. If I ask my husband if he called the bank today which I asked him to do and he reply's with eyebrows raised " was I supposed to call the bank today, I didnt know that" see where I am heading

I know it's only two photos in the news report but it almost looks like having the mobile phone pinned to you ear means you can avoid acknowledging or answering media questions. A bit defensive?

I wonder if one of the cars has come up on the camera feed and they are just trying to determine time by asking others to come forward if they were on the road to get a better estimate of timing.

The newsfeed on 7 looked like it panned towards a building in St Lucia/Toowong area - when spoke of GBC's business associate...

Yes, but is it just me in thinking that the police are alluding to something 'unusual' that happened in that area/roundabout?

Otherwise, how would anyone remember a particular car just driving through at the same time? It's an impossible task but then, I guess it's worth asking. There might be someone with a prodigious memory for detail who just remembers one of the cars.

By now the police would have absolute loads of info & are keeping it to themselves until the time is right for charges to be made. Full marks, by the way, to the media for working with police & keeping it in the headlines.

Yes, footy show?? I don't know any woman who watches that rubbish. (apologies to anyone if they do, lol)

The video of GBC talking about his wife's disappearance, maybe just me, although I did read it somewhere else too, I thought he sounded a little effeminate with his comment "just a little bit hurt, but I'm ok".
I don't mind a bit of the footy show but I watch it with hubby and not by myself, however, I feel she may watch this and they is why he stated that as others who know her would be aware if she watched that show or not and by suggesting this it may have been an attempt as part of the cover, it would sound reasonable if those who knew her were aware she watched that show, I of course think she was not at home watching the footy show in her runners at 10pm at night........ Sadly I think she had met her demise by bthen or was on her way to it

I know it's only two photos in the news report but it almost looks like having the mobile phone pinned to you ear means you can avoid acknowledging or answering media questions. A bit defensive?

Everytime I've seen him in a car (the first time was when his sister drove him away from the home last weds (?) he has the mobile pinned to his ear.

Definitely defensive but also, so he has something to do (even if it is only playacting) so he doesn't have to look at the cameras and he looks busy.

Paris Hilton style...

Yes, but is it just me in thinking that the police are alluding to something 'unusual' that happened in that area/roundabout?

Otherwise, how would anyone remember a particular car just driving through at the same time? It's an impossible task but then, I guess it's worth asking. There might be someone with a prodigious memory for detail who just remembers one of the cars.

I think they know which car went thru (although why they went that way is a mystery) ... They may want confirmation of who was driving the vehicle, at a guess.

I think they know which car went thru (although why they went that way is a mystery) ... They may want confirmation of who was driving the vehicle, at a guess.

Is there any basis for the link of the roundabout & Allison and the other woman other than the police just happening to mention them at the same time? The police haven't actually said that another person was with Allison have they? Sorry am a bit behind on today's reporting.

The consensus, from the parents of the children that attend the same school as the daughters, is that GBC is guilty. I have family that go to the same school. But, as stated previously, the area is rife with gossip and innuendo.

I had absolutely no idea about the camera at the roundabout.

Is it common knowledge to the rest of you locals i.e would GBC have been aware of it?

The latest is that Allison was at the roundabout. If GBC was aware of the camera, unless he completely forgot in the heat of the moment, is it a fair leap to suggest that he wasn't at the roundabout, but someone else was?

I would imagine that most observant locals would have noticed the camera at the roundabout. I look at it pretty regularly to check out traffic and weather. Online it only displays one frame every 60 seconds, but I would guess the council have access to and record more detail than this. Still, I don't know if there would be enough detail to make out a number plate or to positively ID a car.

As was mentioned earlier, I noticed that the police had all but deserted the Anstead area this morning. I am guessing that this means that they are not thoroughly searching the scout area and creek bed which would suggest that the body was dumped directly from the road. If it was closer to midnight, which it is looking like, there is very little traffic on Mt Crosby Rd at this time of night. I have driven home around this time and not passed a single car along the 10kms or so to my place.

GBC has hired an extremely experienced and well known SC (seniour counsel).

This will cost him (or those supporting him) mega bucks.

If the rumours are true - GBC isn't that cashed up.

You'd only want to pay all you had if there was something big at stake. Something that was worth more than money.

Many people have lost their homes just in order to pay legal fees, they accumulate quickly even with your standard lawyer and barrister.

I'd say he's already clocked up a couple of grand so far.

The consensus, from the parents of the children that attend the same school as the daughters, is that GBC is guilty. I have family that go to the same school. But, as stated previously, the area is rife with gossip and innuendo.
Still, where there is smoke there is fire. I heard somewhere on one of the TV news programms that he had taken his kids to school yesyerday at 11am, surely the girls will not be at school and how will they be able to go back to the same school once their dad is convicted of their mothers murder. It would be nice to think that the school and community could rally around them and give them a sense of routine and normality but I worry about how cruel some kids can be and the impact on those poor girls with everyone knowing, it is just horrible and I feel so bad for the poor little darlings, it is heartbreaking

Is this the Scout camp where they believe she may have been left? The description sounds spot on.

It is amazing how a few of the posters here suggested the Scout Camp/Mt Crosby/Kholo Creek, earlier in the search. If the killer was looking at this forum at that time, I wonder how they felt when they saw those posts.......

To put it nicely, I hope he crapped his dacks!

I would imagine that most observant locals would have noticed the camera at the roundabout.

As was mentioned earlier, I noticed that the police had all but deserted the Anstead area this morning. I am guessing that this means that they are not thoroughly searching the scout area and creek bed which would suggest that the body was dumped directly from the road.

Yes, well, obviously I am one of the non-observant locals

You were right though Juno re: the police seem to have pretty quickly ruled out the camp, so you were on the money last night.

GBC has hired an extremely experienced and well known SC (seniour counsel).

This will cost him (or those supporting him) mega bucks.

If the rumours are true - GBC isn't that cashed up.

You'd only want to pay all you had if there was something big at stake. Something that was worth more than money.

Many people have lost their homes just in order to pay legal fees, they accumulate quickly even with your standard lawyer and barrister.

I'd say he's already clocked up a couple of grand so far.
You are dead right, good barristers charge $600 PLUS an hour, good solicitors are $450 PLUS an hour and with all the evidence that will be collected you can bank on the legal fees being well up around the $600k mark for a case like this at least, and I would not be surprised if they hit the Million mark, a friend of mie settled out of court for an injury and his barrister and lawyers bill was $122k and it did not even amke it to court, it settled before anything had to be filed in court. $250 a letter, $50 to reply to emails, $250 P/h for a para legal.
An innocent person would not risk losing that amount of money, you would know there was no evidece adn you would go along and offer all assistance, only lawyering up as a last stop if you had to, but going all out straight off the bat and hiring top criminal lawyers and top barristers would only be done if your guilty and you were relying on their experience to get you off, OJ simpson style

As was mentioned earlier, I noticed that the police had all but deserted the Anstead area this morning. I am guessing that this means that they are not thoroughly searching the scout area and creek bed which would suggest that the body was dumped directly from the road. If it was closer to midnight, which it is looking like, there is very little traffic on Mt Crosby Rd at this time of night. I have driven home around this time and not passed a single car along the 10kms or so to my place.

Yesterday there were SO many cars up Bunya Road and I saw numerous SES cars drop people off so I think they would have searched the area quite well.

I often drive up Mt Crosby Road at midnight (3-4 times a week) and do come across cars, but there are nights when it's very, very quiet. Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays seem to be the busiest and I'll often pass a few cars those nights.

I agree Mrs G - re: close to arrest. I think they know exactly who it is and they are just getting the bit more info they need to make it as solid as possible.

.. or to scare him into confessing or slipping up because, as Mrs G says, he will be thinking "**** - what do they see on those cameras?" He might feel compelled to tell another lie to cover himself as to why he was there and why he didnt say anything before.

Yes, well, obviously I am one of the non-observant locals

Not trying to cast aspersions :) I'm sure many people are completely unaware that the camera is there. But I would think a local agent who spent so much time in the area would have noticed. Where was the C21 office before it moved to Taringa? Was it at the roundabout? Surely he would have known if that were the case.

I must be seeing things, I'm sure I just read on here that someone saw on sky news that an arrest was made? But I can't see it, and nothing online yet....

Yes, the century 21 office was originally just up from the round about, but I believe in the last few years, it was up next to the coffee club. Until moving to taringa.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Velvetshadow