Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks (I was mistaken).

Liquidation was mentioned by another poster - not known as fact; 12 properties for sale - doesn't seem like a lot. And compare the old office site to the flashy new one. When the Real Estate business is doing well, I get fliers from all the local offices - they want to get listings;but it has been very quiet. And it's just my opinion, CaseClosed; who knows.. they could have been chugging along nicely.

I have posted extensively on the whole issue of people using the word 'accidentally' when referring to a DV or rage situation and explained that even if it is not pre-meditated it is not necessarily an accident, especially in the case of strangling and smothering.

I think the use of the word accidental in reference to this is the homicide, not the domestic violence. I am sure there are lots of people across the world that hit/threaten/beat their partners (both sexes) and not indent to kill them.

Police (AFAIK) don't use canoes for searches. They would have been using boats, jetskis, trail bikes and horses (along with the other obvious forms of transport). But yes, before that downpour, you probably wouldn't make it too far up that creek before having troubles.

I did see picture in the paper and on TV of Police canoeists in some of the water around the area(looked like a lake). I would think they would use whatever means necessary. They have police divers etc. They use horseback. I am sure they would use canoe or boats as necessary. And as I said I did see them in this case.

Hi Linette, go into google news and type in Allison Baden Clay and all news reports will come up.
Scroll down and on the bottom of page should be a create an alert. I'm pretty sure you have to have a gmail address though. :)

You dont have to have a gmail address to do this

I just went for a bit of a surf around twitter and facebook etc. Some of the things people are saying are diabolical. I am glad you lot have class.

Oh thats good to hear!
So when it comes to law suits we will be at the bottom of the pile!
Thanks, Possumheart. I just don't know how to tell hubby 'I'm being sued!'

I did see picture in the paper and on TV of Police canoeists in some of the water around the area(looked like a lake). I would think they would use whatever means necessary. They have police divers etc. They use horseback. I am sure they would use canoe or boats as necessary. And as I said I did see them in this case.

Yes they do use canoes...& I also remember seeing the pic of them in canoes...paddling around in what was either a creek, lake or a dam??

Thanks for the post JackiBee. My only thought is, I believe it is able to be determined, whether bruising occurs premortem or not.

Also found another interesting articlehttp://enotes.com/antemortem-injuries-reference/antemortem-injuries

I think it might mean it is difficult to determine whether post or ante mortem, but like you say, not impossible. I cut and pasted below the point in that article.
Do you think that the police questioned the hairdressers because tests might still have been inconclusive on the Tuesday after her body was found, (ie the day they went back to question them) and they wanted to clarify whether any injuries were already there, whilst they waited for more accurate confirmation from the examiner?

Corpses in water always lie with the face down and with the head hanging. Buffeting in the
water commonly produces post-mortem head injuries, which may be difficult to distinguish
from injuries sustained during life. The presence of bleeding usually distinguishes ante-mortem
from post-mortem injuries. However, the head down position of a floating corpse causes passive
congestion of the head with blood, so that post- mortem injuries tend to bleed, creating the
diagnostic confusion.

I always thought that - client confesses and lawyer puts hands over ears 'lalalalala - I can't hear you' - but there have been some really informative posts - back in previous threads. I have a few days off work, so I will see if I can find them; may be back this time next week! (unless the person that posted them can repost??)

Ah - thanks Zorro! just seen your post; it had to be Hawkins.. : )

That's exactly what I thought, hands over ears "lalala. I can't hear you!"

I personally don't believe this theory...but so many people have commented on it I thought I would see for myself. Happy to give you a giggle....keep posted for more exclusives!
Sorry...posted this twice & I'm blaming my iPhone!

Keep up the good work! At least I now know they do have chains at Coles!
Now - who was off to impersonate a Detective today...

Thanks Indromum. Did you feel as silly as i did looking? You're a better sleuther than i if you actually ask a trolley boy... There's prob. one hanging out back w/ a cig. Most people aren't buying into the chain thing at all, I've dropped it but am curious if you find something :)

I must then be the only incredulous one believing that the chain theory is perfectly feasible! In a state of panic, people do some really stupid things. IMO.:innocent:

For the record it is not my term, which is why I put quotes around it. The only reason for using it was that people knew I was referring to it rumour or theory that was posed several threads ago.

As for not liking/wanting to share your experiences with it. Sounds like a perfect post for the chat thread unless it's directly related to this case.
That goes for how the juridical system works and how it's unfair and what not.
We are here to discuss the circumstances around this case IMO.

I've had a couple of private messages and I will post my experience in the chat area. I appreciate & accept the use of quotes around "soft kill" that they are not your words or your term.

So yeah, the old soft kill trick... accidentally on purpose. I guess anything without a puncture wound is "soft". Even a severed spinal cord.

The person who coined that term might get a nasty surprise should they ever be on the receiving end of a soft kill attempt by a so called loved one.

Not an opinion, but a real experience.

I sincerely hope this post doesn't sound like a snark directed at you, I admit to being somewhat defensive given my experiences!

Thank you for your post, I appreciate it.

Liquidation was mentioned by another poster - not known as fact; 12 properties for sale - doesn't seem like a lot. And compare the old office site to the flashy new one. When the Real Estate business is doing well, I get fliers from all the local offices - they want to get listings;but it has been very quiet. And it's just my opinion, CaseClosed; who knows.. they could have been chugging along nicely.

Only 3 residential properties listed for sale. Has been this level for at least a few days.

The search was concentrated around Brookfield (and Moggill Creek) so heavily as it wasn't a missing persons case to them, it was a homicide, and they were chasing the phone. Police and SES were everywhere up Moggill creek all week from what I understand. A friend was kayaking up Moggill Creek (was just doing his warm down after a long paddle on the river) the day before they found her and he thought it was some SES exercise going on. (he doesn't watch TV)

Police (AFAIK) don't use canoes for searches. They would have been using boats, jetskis, trail bikes and horses (along with the other obvious forms of transport). But yes, before that downpour, you probably wouldn't make it too far up that creek before having troubles.

I would love to live out that way. Even looked at a few properties years ago. In my current position (working the city and riding to work) it is just a little inconvenient though. One day though.

Thanks - not a canoe; if it was a canoeist I feel for them; how traumatic. And if it was a Police Officer - just as traumatic to find Allison. I take my hat off to these people - and what they are faced with as part of their working lives.

It is very lovely here at Mt Crosby - I am originally from the UK; I feel very proud to be able to say I am 'Australian', and very privileged to live in this amazing country.

I think it might mean it is difficult to determine whether post or ante mortem, but like you say, not impossible. I cut and pasted below the point in that article.
Do you think that the police questioned the hairdressers because tests might still have been inconclusive on the Tuesday after her body was found, (ie the day they went back to question them) and they wanted to clarify whether any injuries were already there, whilst they waited for more accurate confirmation from the examiner?

Corpses in water always lie with the face down and with the head hanging. Buffeting in the
water commonly produces post-mortem head injuries, which may be difficult to distinguish
from injuries sustained during life. The presence of bleeding usually distinguishes ante-mortem
from post-mortem injuries. However, the head down position of a floating corpse causes passive
congestion of the head with blood, so that post- mortem injuries tend to bleed, creating the
diagnostic confusion.

Quite probably. I read somewhere else. It is readily able to be distinguised premortem scratches topost mortem scratches. Post mortem do not bleed. So scratches that occured after death can be distinguised from those that were predeath.

One other thing I read in regards to pre and post mortem bruising. One thing that distinguishes when it occured is the presence or absence of swelling. It is said a premortem bruise there is swelling. But post mortem there is not. However am unsure how this is distinguished in a case such as this when the body has been undiscovered for some 11 days.. It may be harder to determine then.

I must then be the only incredulous one believing that the chain theory is perfectly feasible! In a state of panic, people do some really stupid things. IMO.:innocent:

no youre not....I posted earlier about that too...you are driving aimlessly around frantic, wanting to get rid of the mess youve made. You are not thinking even a little bit sensibly just have adrenalin raging through your body. so you think water, then (obviously) weights of some sort. or you are at the bins and see something useful. when I first mentioned it I actually said you may at first do something stupid like that, then later on, realise your mistake, and go back to correct it. that was something I assumed could easily have happened at the car park and why the roundabout cctv was such a focus.

No, not saying its not. Just I think it may be rumour based on the reports of no visible signs of foul play on initial exam. Because if found with chain wrapped around, then thats pretty visible. Don't think anyone chains themself up and dumps themselves. But I am quite prepared to accept maybe thats something that is being kept quiet by police(not sure if they would or not).

Thanks Indromum. Did you feel as silly as i did looking? You're a better sleuther than i if you actually ask a trolley boy... There's prob. one hanging out back w/ a cig. Most people aren't buying into the chain thing at all, I've dropped it but am curious if you find something :)
Glad someone appreciated my drive there! So many people were commenting on the fact there was no where for a chain...but there were at least 2 very clear signs stating that chains are used at night. Maybe just a warning though and not in actually in force. Still don't buy stolen chains!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandrz717