Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you recommend that we just give up talking here? Or is any of it helpful?:please:

Perhaps it is helpful for some of us in coming to terms with what has happened.... the loss of someone who, according to everything we read, seemed to be such a lovely person and such a devoted mother, in such a senseless and horrific fashion. Even though most of us probably don't know Allison nor anyone in her broader family, I believe that this tragedy has had an impact on us, (probably each for different reasons) and that is why we are here on this forum.

I for one, have learned a lot from many of the posts about how investigations are conducted/ forensics/ legal issues/ the media/ domestic violence/ personality traits etc, and I thank each of you for that. Personally I have found the extent of things that seem like rumour or gossip to be disturbing and a real eye opener....but of course that is just my opinion. I have also found it disturbing when people (not just in this forum) seem so ready to aggressively convict a person when we don't have all of the facts. The crime is obviously appalling, and inexcusable but as a community we should allow the judicial system to do its job before we condemn any individual. This is obviously just my opinion.

Creative ways at looking at things can generate good ideas that may be worth considering. Perhaps that could be a benefit of a forum like this. I certainly have enjoyed the creativity of some people and thank you for your posts too.

Wow. He clearly has no idea how this looks to the general public and possibly invesitigators. I would like to plagiarise myself from a previous post about delusion-v-innocence but am a little tired.

I am absolutely flabbergasted......

And he has top notch lawyers advising him on how to deal with the media?????

IMO there could never be a bigger faux pas than this!!!!

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...iness-has-closed/story-e6freoof-1226370411425

"It's very much business as usual and that's what we'd like to get out there," he told The Courier-Mail in the shopping centre's underground carpark.

I am assuming he was alone and couldn’t turn his back on the camera/journalist? (Similar to the first interview) I don’t think his lawyers will approve!

free advertising for him I guess... so sad

I once was in a relationship with someone with whom my counsellor described as a pyshcopath.

He was someone who had been able to get away with whatever he wanted in life by saying he was sorry and was even in his adult years rewarded by his parents after it was discovered that he had been having affairs (multiple). They rewarded him by buying him a boat and sending him a birthday card, soon after the discovery, telling him what a good person he was and how proud of him they were, all within days of our daughter being born.

He was never held accountable for his actions until I called an end to the relationship and then it was the end of the world to him and he proceeded to stalk me. (he had no concern at all about losing contact with his daughter only me who he regarded as his)
When I first saw GBC he reminded me soooo much of my ex.

That's just so disgusting! So sorry for what you had to go through!

Nope - my original post was not that local men would be jealous of him, I'm afraid. I said some of them might or could have been jealous of him because of what they preceived his situation to be. There's a vast difference in meaning between would , might and could, if one goes to the finer points of language. I didn't state anything as fact. Even on this forum however, many threads ago, some guy wrote in complaining about having met GBC while looking at properties. The prospective buyer was miffed because of the way GBC had (apparently) flirted with his wife - no doubt due to a smidgeon (at least!) of jealousy.

Ah, no, that is your original post below. That pretty much looks like the word 'would' to me...at least last time i looked it was the word 'would'. you're all over the place aren't you...ha ha lol

If he had a way with the ladies then no doubt a lot of the guys would have been a bit jealous of him - and, until recently, he drove a LEXUS and appeared to 'have it all' (ie, the Good Life). This perception would have been enough to bring activate the Tall Poppy Syndrome in many.

One of my clients runs a Property Management business with a large rent roll( 10 property managers)and it is on the third floor. She moved from a main road shop front and cut her rent in half. It hasnt affected her business in a negative way.

Also regarding property sales, gone are the days where people went from agent to agents window to search out properties, it is all on the internet now.

you raise a good point however c'mon, who is really going to list their property with this mob until he is completely cleared of any wrong doing...??? Ask absolutely anyone in Brisbane who remotely knows this case and they all, bar the odd nut job (present company excluded - kind of..) say oh yea 'its the husband aint it'
rightly or wrongly that s what people (90% of them at least) are saying about this case...

justice23 "It's very much business as usual and that's what we'd like to get out there said:
he told The Courier-Mail in the shopping centre's underground carpark.[/B]

I am assuming he was alone and couldn’t turn his back on the camera? (Similar to the first interview) I don’t think his lawyers will approve!

free advertising for him I guess... so sad

I feel sick over this ... what would you call it? Callous, indifferent, repulsive??

Imagine how the Dickies must feel if they read this?!

Is it business as usual for them? Is it business as usual for Allison's three beautiful daughters??

Perhaps it is helpful for some of us in coming to terms with what has happened.... the loss of someone who, according to everything we read, seemed to be such a lovely person and such a devoted mother, in such a senseless and horrific fashion. Even though most of us probably don't know Allison nor anyone in her broader family, I believe that this tragedy has had an impact on us, (probably each for different reasons) and that is why we are here on this forum.

I for one, have learned a lot from many of the posts about how investigations are conducted/ forensics/ legal issues/ the media/ domestic violence/ personality traits etc, and I thank each of you for that. Personally I have found the extent of things that seem like rumour or gossip to be disturbing and a real eye opener....but of course that is just my opinion. I have also found it disturbing when people (not just in this forum) seem so ready to aggressively convict a person when we don't have all of the facts. The crime is obviously appalling, and inexcusable but as a community we should allow the judicial system to do its job before we condemn any individual. This is obviously just my opinion.

Creative ways at looking at things can generate good ideas that may be worth considering. Perhaps that could be a benefit of a forum like this. I certainly have enjoyed the creativity of some people and thank you for your posts too.

Seeking, thank you for your post. I agree with your thoughts. ANd how I have felt too quite often about agressivily convicting without fact, even though we may all have our opinions. At the end of the day, they are just that. And again agree abut the shocking and appalling nature of the crime, but also allowing the justice system and the dedicated Detectives to do their jobs and find and convict whom ever is responsible.

That's just so disgusting! So sorry for what you had to go through!

You know what they say:- What doesn't kill you (so sad in this case) can only make you stronger. :cry:

I was lucky I got out of it, but it took me a long time.

you raise a good point however c'mon, who is really going to list their property with this mob until he is completely cleared of any wrong doing...??? Ask absolutely anyone in Brisbane who remotely knows this case and they all, bar the odd nut job (present company excluded - kind of..) say oh yea 'its the husband aint it'
rightly or wrongly that s what people (90% of them at least) are saying about this case...

Oh I think you would have to be crazy to list a property with him at the moment(I am sure some crazy will come along soon and disagree lol). IMO

Business as usual - they haven't yet updated the website to reflect the new address. Still no "Meet the Team" (new ones?) ... 3 listings ...

I feel sick over this ... what would you call it? Callous, indifferent, repulsive??

Is it business as usual for them? Is it business as usual for Allison's three beautiful daughters??

IMO it seems like he doesn’t care? Maybe he thinks that it will all go away? Back to normal… If someone else was with him (family member or lawyer) I don’t think they would have let him talk. Every time he opens his mouth it’s a disaster

Wow. He clearly has no idea how this looks to the general public and possibly invesitigators. I would like to plagiarise myself from a previous post about delusion-v-innocence but am a little tired.

yep. Maybe he has no idea because he truly is innocent. I dunno. It does make me wonder. Or then theres the other theories about sociopathic. But then again..I feel sheepish even trying to offer a different point of view on it cause I am sure nobody feel this is so, But maybe he is just doing his damndest to keep the business going, possibly for the sake of staff, for his own financial situation and for his girls financial situation also. Possibly the comments were taken out of context also. I think that is something that happens quite often in the media. Anyhoo.. I going to crawl back in the box now and duck for cover..

It makes you feel so helpless and gives an insight into how Allison must have felt over the years when you hear him sounding so heartless and insensitive. Grrrrrrr:banghead:

IMO it seems like he doesn’t care? Maybe he thinks that it will all go away? Back to normal… If someone else was with him (family member or lawyer) I don’t think they would have let him talk. Every time he opens his mouth it’s a disaster

Maybe he's trying his hardest to make it appear business as usual. Totally unaware that is not what people want to see. But I sought of think in all honesty, WHat the people- not known to him want to see, may not be that high on his list of priorities at this stage.

yep. Maybe he has no idea because he truly is innocent. I dunno. It does make me wonder. Or then theres the other theories about sociopathic. But then again..I feel sheepish even trying to offer a different point of view on it cause I am sure nobody feel this is so, But maybe he is just doing his damndest to keep the business going, possibly for the sake of staff, for his own financial situation and for his girls financial situation also. Possibly the comments were taken out of context also. I think that is something that happens quite often in the media. Anyhoo.. I going to crawl back in the box now and duck for cover..

IMO he is getting more confident as time goes by, that he will continue with his life as if nothing has happened (and if he is the perp, that he will maybe get away with it).

Oh I think you would have to be crazy to list a property with him at the moment(I am sure some crazy will come along soon and disagree lol). IMO

I wouldn't think the business would be going too well. Maybe they are just focussing on the rent roll, whatever is left of that.

Just having a little read about Narcissism....

Traits and signs

Thomas suggests that narcissists typically display most, sometimes all, of the following traits

An obvious self-focus in interpersonal exchanges
Problems in sustaining satisfying relationships
A lack of psychological awareness (see insight in psychology and psychiatry, egosyntonic)
Difficulty with empathy
Problems distinguishing the self from others (see narcissism and boundaries)
Hypersensitivity to any insults or imagined insults (see criticism and narcissists, narcissistic rage and narcissistic injury)
Vulnerability to shame rather than guilt
Haughty body language
Flattery towards people who admire and affirm them (narcissistic supply)
Detesting those who do not admire them (narcissistic abuse)
Using other people without considering the cost of doing so
Pretending to be more important than they really are
Bragging (subtly but persistently) and exaggerating their achievements
Claiming to be an "expert" at many things
Inability to view the world from the perspective of other people
Denial of remorse and gratitude

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narcissism"]Narcissism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

Business as usual - they haven't yet updated the website to reflect the new address. Still no "Meet the Team" (new ones?) ... 3 listings ...

IMO its a smoke screen. friend of a friend or an associate or a friend lending a helping hand by offering some short term office space.
Dillusional to think that the 'business as usual' announcement is gonna get the phones ringing or have them lining up at the door to list their property. Real estate agencies are a dime a dozen. Are you really going to go to the 5th floor of toowong tower and see someone from this agency about flogging your property UNDER THE CIRCUMSTANCES.. in fact so dillusional that it has to be a piss take...

Just a smoke screen...(not sure what the message in the smoke screen is but it is a smoke screen)

IMO he is getting more confident as time goes by, that he will continue with his life as if nothing has happened (and if he is the perp, that he will maybe get away with it).

IF he is the perp. I hope not. BUt I do feel(and cross fingers) that the police will solve this in time(I hope not too long a time). I think we have some mighty fine detectives working things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966