Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 #19

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thankyou Berry. That was huge. Now don't regret telling us. Thank god kids have mums. Such brave creatures. Xxxxxxxxx

I don't know whether GBC or anyone in his family are seasoned killers but would take a stab and say no. therefore whilst It has all the trademarks of a domestic gone horribly wrong, you raise a good point about the methodical nature of this crime followed up with a sound cover up which up until now has seen him evade an arrest. Which in some ways could sway me back to thinking that this in fact was pre meditated. (to a degree)

I have never been entirely convinced that this was not completely 'not thought out'. Meaning that, he may have started in his own mind to think about how this particular 'night' would play out (if at all) at some point leading up to this night. Be it weeks or be it months prior to the 19th April. Where would I dispose? how would I get there? Do I need help? Who would be the best to help me? How would I kill her? (darn better do some research) How do I react afterward? (do i crash a car) Do I grow a beard or don't I? etc etc

If none of the above EVER happend and this was a simple argument followed by strangulation or a bath drowning or completely accidental in every sense, then he has clearly done quite well (for want of a better word) to cover the hard evidence trail to date. Particularly for an amateur without priors in anything remotely related to this type of thing. In this day and age he would be in the absolute minority (probably 2-3%) that manage to get away with murder. (if this is how it turns out)

One of them seems to be a seasoned killer of animals if that house is anything to go by :(

Re the bolded....it seems from locals he was driving Allisons car prior to her disappearance....to make sure his DNA was in that car if he were to drive it to the bridge??

Because of this public statement made by Mrs Fowler (Allisons sister) I am inclined to believe her above all others.

"She was a devoted wife, supporting Gerard in their partnership of marriage and she did so until the day that she died," Mrs Fowler said.

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...familys-vow-20120511-1ygrm.html#ixzz1xGlFHYhq

Yes, I found this statement very telling, thanks for posting it. I took it to mean - "Gerard was having an affair which challenged the marriage, but Allison remained faithful and worked on her marriage right until the end". She may have even been killed for it - if she was trying to discuss issues and find solutions and Gerard did not want to hear what she had to say.

It appears that someone established she flew down on that Saturday, but I could just be a rumour.

Just a rumour, I'd need to see a boarding pass or airport time stamped CCTV before I'm convinced....damn I'm suspicious lol

Just repeating this post...any locals on tonight??

Possum or Indromum...would you say Kholo Bridge is a fair height above water level??

We used to go swimming and jump off the Kholo bridge when we were kids.

Rational: WOW. What an exceptional response to Berry, and to help us realise that here is a person who is angry and still in pain..... and projecting it. Berry, I've been feeling annoyed with you, but to see Rational just put her arms around you and understand both your perspective and those of the people whose feelings you've hurt, and to do it so succinctly and tenderly....all kudos to you Rational. I think it really will be Allison's legacy to help those in bad situations to be stronger and seek help. I'm cross at you Berry, but big hugs from me because that angry part of you is only a small part of the greater you...and there is a lot of you that IS great! May we continue to enjoy it!

One of them seems to be a seasoned killer of animals if that house is anything to go by :(

Re the bolded....it seems from locals he was driving Allisons car prior to her disappearance....to make sure his DNA was in that car if he were to drive it to the bridge??

I think you both have something there. On the one hand most of us here can only construe this as a crime of passion (for all the stated reasons, mistress, financial woes etc) and we find that hard enough to comprehend yet regarding many aspects it almost has the hallmarks of a cold calculated premeditated crime.

Was that in the 70s because me too, but the roads wove past awesome waterholes then.

As a kid my family use to go to Kholo, Savages and Colleges. Can't for the life of me remember which is which now... but I know one of them was more gravel/stone on the shore... coz my brothers laughed when I always ended up with bikini bottoms full of it. They use to tell me I'd poo'd without knowing. Since I was 5 i believed them. The fun days.

As a kid my family use to go to Kholo, Savages and Colleges. Can't for the life of me remember which is which now... but I know one of them was more gravel/stone on the shore... coz my brothers laughed when I always ended up with bikini bottoms full of it. They use to tell me I'd poo'd without knowing. Since I was 5 i believed them. The fun days.

:floorlaugh:

On TV the said bags of shredded paper.

Reports stated that the shredded paper (a bag of) came from the C21 office.
A news video showed police placed it among other things in the boot of a vehicle.

Savages was pretty gravelly. Cut my toe on glass badly there once.

Yes I have lived in la la land twice and never admitted it.........

I don't get it.....I dont understand how this can happen....you deserve lots of love Berry *advertiser censored*
:hug:

I think you both have something there. On the one hand most of us here can only construe this as a crime of passion (for all the stated reasons, mistress, financial woes etc) and we find that hard enough to comprehend yet regarding many aspects it almost has the hallmarks of a cold calculated premeditated crime.

I think it could be both...for all the reasons you've stated...a crime of passion...kills her. As I've said in the past if after he's killed her he calls ambulance...there'd be an investigation & he'd be up for manslaughter.

By getting rid of the body....making it appear a suicide. His chance at freedom is a fancy pants barrister & a criminal lawyer if the body was ever found...which it was.

Sometimes I think we see too much into things.. I like to think I am kind-hearted and lovely too but I also suffer from depression since a marriage break-down.
Not many people would realise this because I do not go around acting all sad and gloomy. How many times have you heard of someone suicide and people say."I didn't know they were depressed"
It's possible OW did not know at the time of her first statement and was told later.

Yes, you are right jubillee, people who are depressed can put on a very good front, just to deal with things and cope.

However I think people are making a distinction between someone being depressed and having clinical depression. One concern about the depression being bandied about is that it is not substantiated. There are also many, many people on here who passionately believe, based on the known facts so far, that GBC and possibly members of his family have involvement in the murder, and that they have put about the idea of Allison being depressed to plant a seed that she might have suicided, or ran away in a depressed and distressed state and had a terrible accident because of it.

Understandably, when the theory of depression is raised once again in another scenario, it will bring about objections, one, because it is a rumour, and two, because it represents to many people the perpetuation of an aspect of the murderers own cover-up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hmoh4