Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
in the kiesha weippeart case docs moved in quickly and took the remaining children when the parent/step parent were suspected but not officially charged, so its interesting gerard is still allowed his children if he is a suspect, but bearing in mind he is living with them at his parents home.

The other children were removed from the family because they had already had issues with DOCS in the past.

RETRACTION: I guess we don't know if ABC was found in exact same clothes as 'was last seen in' yet huh??
i.e perhaps there was a jumper or sweater put on before a possible walk...
Doesn't the fact the car was still at house in the morning suggest it was a walk?????
Only other scenario is a snatch n grab out of the house by an offender no??

I think it was reported in the media as having been said by police, after the body was found but before the ID was confirmed, that the clothes were the same or similar as reported that Allison was wearing.

I think the idea behind mentioning the trust fund is not because of donations, but because it implies that her parents might be thinking that the husband won't be around (guilty??) to look after the children financially?? Just speculating.

Yes..... the parents are trying to tell us something....actually that seems quite obvious. there is no other reason why (at this stage of events) that they would even go there.

Both the friend and parents are both saying a whole lot without actually saying it....

I'd like to disagree with the point that the media is 'sensationalising' this case. I think the Courier Mail is a poor excuse for a newspaper, but their coverage (other than their usual typo's and odd statements that eventually change) has been regular so far, and free of major conjecture or completely inaccurate information.

Particularly the space dedicated to Allison in today's paper contained respectful carefully-worded references to the case. Far from sensationalising it, I think they are doing a good job keeping the case in the public eye, and hopefully they will do so until it is solved.

Today's article helped take away some of the anger toward the person responsible and remind me what a wonderful person Allison obviously was, and that most of the emotion around the case should remain around the fact this lovely lady can no longer be there for her 3 daughters. Horrifically sad, but not sensationalised.

Thanks for sharing! A good example of how we all interpret things in a different way ;-)

My husband can't even remember what he wore yesterday little own what I was wearing.
Now how true is that!!!! (actually it totally cracked me up lol )

How many guys would remember what they wore yesterday or even last night??

I don't think GBC would remember what his wife wore at any time...he probably remembered his mistress's clothes though I bet.

OR.. perhaps the clothes Allison was wearing that night is seared into his brain because of what happened.

OR..someone mentioned Allison had been to a hairdresser...perhaps the hairdresser supplied the info re clothes??

But wait theres more (not steak knives, my theory), they had an argument during evening. ie hes going broke, ABC is leaving, reentering workforce, tired of affair issues etc. later ABC goes to bed expecting busy day friday. GBC fills in time watching footy show etc. till late and enters ABCs room and suffocates her with pillow requiring both hands to perform allowing ABC to scratch, bruise torso etc whilst fighting for life, all could be done quietly not waking kids puts her in car and rolls car down drive onto brookfield rd without starting again not to wake kids or neighbours (hence has to head towards roundabout not rafting ground rd) navigates the roundabout the wrong way to avoid cameras and dumps body at kholo ck. returns home and if children were up would have stated concern for mum she went walking and didnt come home so have gone for drive to look for her, will call police in morning if she hasnt turned up anywhere or called us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiff07
I am trying to make sense of the photo's of Gerard taking the kids clothes out of the house in clothes baskets. Why, if Allison was getting organized for a conference Friday and the girls were going on a sleepover, weren't their bags already packed? I doubt Allison planned to come back from her usual walk Friday a.m. And pack them then and she didn't strike me as the disorganized type who would do it at the last minute. And even if she hadn't packed them yet, suitcases surely existed in their home. Why am I stuck on these suitcases? What am I missing?

I don't think you're missing anything. Sounds like Allison would have had a light suitcase (or something) pre-packed for a 1-night sleepover.

GBC on the other hand, at the time of revisiting the family home, would be lacking sleep, walking by numbers, sent home to get enough clothes and supplies to cover the kids for a few nights or more. I imagine he would have grabbed any container available and chucked some stuff in there from drawers or cupboards. It's possible anything that had been packed by Allison was confiscated by police. I don't think GBC would have been in a frame of mind to make a choice of suitable luggage. I also doubt any evidence would remain to be taken from the house at that time (which I think someone suggested a while back).

I also pointed out last night that from what i recall we didnt see GBC arrive at the house and the whole sequence from start to finish. He could have already loaded another basket or baskets of clothes into the car before that and they only showed him with the last basket before he left the house.

I think every time a poster on here feels a need to personally attack another poster, they should bottle up that anger, put it in internal storage, and release it to be directed at the murderer when they are finally charged, as they walk up the steps of the Magistrates Court for the first time. I know I'm going to be there, and there'll be plenty of stored anger. Any amount of online annoyance doesn't compare to the venom this person deserves to receive, so save it. Much healthier for everyone.

Can I ask what it was that piqued the interest of some of you to this story? I've never really been one to do this kind of thing before when something has happened in my local area. I've never signed up to forums just to get involved in talking about it. Something about ABC going missing grabbed my attention from the moment I heard about it. I don't know if it's that I have that connection with her first name (especially the two L's), or if it was something else.

The whole she went for a walk story was fabricted to allow the possibilities available to the investigators to include, her simply leaving i.e. having to take time due to mental health issues, walked off and killed herself due to mental health issues, walked off and was attacked and killed. He overplayed his hand in his statements to police firstly that she was watching the footy show (ill bet he was), secondly his knowledge of exactl what she was wearing, no self respecting male remembers such details, thirdly he stated he went to bed while she was watching TV so he didnt know that she went for a walk at night and if the walk was in the morning no way would have he called the fuzz at 7.30am.

Well said Pinhead! when there is way too much information about something - then it is usually untruths. A way to get the truth of the story out of someone is to get them to tell it backwards. I would think the police do this to see how stories intersect and get the fact from the fiction.

I have a minor problem with the trust fund to send the kids to private school. It's yet again an example of a desire for social standing and status. I just find that interesting at this time. Look I am from a family which has sent all children to private school for generations, I get it. But I can guarantee you the issue has never come up surrounding a death. It just seems so odd to me. That Allison's wish 'would have been'. I think on both sides of the family there seems to be a little too much 'appearances over reality' going on. JMO.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...nto-murder-probe/story-e6frg6nf-1226343101924

I do find it curious that they searched and 'seized' evidence from GBC's office and his parents house, but haven't seen anything about Allison's parents' house been searched.

An earlier comment on this forum mentioned GBC was a Mac user and I note in this report an Apple laptop is mentioned:

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...lison-baden-clay/story-e6freoof-1226338602877

"The officers left at 10am with several evidence bags, including one containing an Apple laptop computer and a hard-drive."

I really feel what happened to poor Allison involves or has something to do with his/their business/finances. Just my thoughts.

I would imagine they searched his parent's house because he had been staying there. If they were trying to rule him in or out, it would make sense to do this.

I also had another thought about fingerprints. Allison was likely exposed to the conditions for many days (assuming her body was disposed of the night/morning she disappeared). We had rain during that time, so fingerprinting would be difficult. However, say there were fingerprints on the INSIDE of her clothing i.e. I know they can fingerprint clothing, allbeit with some difficulty - it would be odd for someone else's fingerprints to be on the inside of her clothes. If someone else dressed her, it would be likely that fingerprints were left on the inside. Also the same would apply to her body. But I guess it's highly likely that sort of evidence was long gone before they found her? Especially if she was submerged in water.

Is there a chance her body was not fully submerged in water - i.e. I know there's been discussion on where she was found on the bank, possibility of tides, etc. But does that mean she would have been totally submerged?

.... and perhaps there is a big lesson here. That keeping up appearances and ignoring or hoping to hide an obviously increasingly bad situation when one's instincts are screaming at you is a very dangerous thing to do.

I think every time a poster on here feels a need to personally attack another poster, they should bottle up that anger, put it in internal storage, and release it to be directed at the murderer when they are finally charged, as they walk up the steps of the Magistrates Court for the first time. I know I'm going to be there, and there'll be plenty of stored anger. Any amount of online annoyance doesn't compare to the venom this person deserves to receive, so save it. Much healthier for everyone.

The rules of this forum state that we can argue a post's content but we cannot make personal attacks! Some people forget this and we shouldn't attack anybody for what they have said. I you don't agree with what someone said, just skip it and ignore it.

I've just been on the courier mail website. Very interesting, the husband isn't mentioned at all in regards to the loss. Only snippets about him attending the police station to get access to photos for the funeral. Allisons mother clearly states in the written interviews that she wished she knew certain things so she could have helped her daughter. Things now which are coming to light? In the talk between the courier mail interviewer and the two reporters who have spoken with the Dickies, the grief of everyone is mentioned, but no word whatsoever about how the husband is holding up. There are no references to him whatsoever.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...s-life-cut-short/story-e6freoof-1226347033556

I also think one of the most telling aspects of this case is that no-one, Allisons parents foremost have said "We need to find who is responsible for the murder of our daughter" - no appeals whatsoever. They only acknowledge the fact that it was indeed murder. If my daughter was murdered and I didn't know who did it, I'd be all over the news, phoning every TV station to get air time for pleas. Nope....they know EXACTLY who did it.

Very good observation - really the way this has gone from the start it just always defaults to that doesnt it? Just naturally, almost as if we all already do know. Innocent until proven guilty in a court of law yes, but there are too many things that can't be justified any other way in my opinion. And this behaviour is just plain strange for someone innocent - well no it's more than that, I honestly believe that if a criminal profiler was to analyse his behvaiour, body language, tone of voice, language etc they would also have him in the prime position. We don't know it scientifically but we do know it instinctively.

I have a minor problem with the trust fund to send the kids to private school. It's yet again an example of a desire for social standing and status. I just find that interesting at this time. Look I am from a family which has sent all children to private school for generations, I get it. But I can guarantee you the issue has never come up surrounding a death. It just seems so odd to me. That Allison's wish 'would have been'. I think on both sides of the family there seems to be a little too much 'appearances over reality' going on. JMO.

Agree with your point Mrs Norris. Unfortunately our suburb is a 'hotbed' of such material considerations, and being able to send your child to private school is seen as the obvious parentally responsible thing to do - simply feeding and loving your kids isn't enough in much of the 4069 postcode. Sad but true. Allison's motivation would have been loving and genuine, she was already doing all the other material basics, and probably worried if she would be able to afford luxuries for the kids given her husband's supposedly entrepreneurial nature which was probably not matched with the intelligence to pull off business success.

I think the idea behind mentioning the trust fund is not because of donations, but because it implies that her parents might be thinking that the husband won't be around (guilty??) to look after the children financially?? Just speculating.

I understand that point, but the posts weren't exaactly of that sentiment or that sensitive.

there is a line you don't cross and this is that line. this is a matter for their family and I personally don't believe the setting up of a trust fund relates one single bit to either guilt or innocence of the man in question here or by the parent's thoughts on the matter.

This is a personal thing that is clearly important to A's parents and its a fund or initiative that they clearly want to spearhead in memory of their daughter and to ensure her dream lives on. The fact that the father states it would be his daughters dying wish gives that away!!

Speculating on a matter like this is in bad taste. anyone who uses a subject matter like this to bring into the discussion board on a forum like this needs their head read and clearly lacks class decorum.

If you do not agree with trust fund, skip it and ignore it. But Allison dreamt of her girls attending her old school, not because of social standing but because of tradition - their mum was educated there. The school is expensive but many working class people sacrifice to send their kids there. Let's just drop the subject if you do not agree to it. You are not being forced to donate, ok?

My son's father passed away almost 2 years ago. We had been separated for years prior. After his death my son's grandparents had discussed the idea of private schooling, etc. I think it's just grandparents wanting the best for their grandkids. The forward planning of how to best serve the children is something positive, something they can do to make a difference.

Can I ask what it was that piqued the interest of some of you to this story? I've never really been one to do this kind of thing before when something has happened in my local area. I've never signed up to forums just to get involved in talking about it. Something about ABC going missing grabbed my attention from the moment I heard about it. I don't know if it's that I have that connection with her first name (especially the two L's), or if it was something else.

In my case it was the extreme speed with which police reacted to an apparent normal missing person's case of an adult (not a child) and the scenario painted by the spouse. It just sounded sus right from the word go!

I followed a UK base forum for 2 years in the Madeleine McCann case and I still occasionally look up recent info/speculation/developments.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DaliaDelilah