Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
.....that keeps baffling me (actually a lot of this case is) is the speed in which 150 police and SES were mobilised in this case.

Its seems that something occured that morning prompted the western suburbs to mobilise most of their entire police force to find a "missing" woman. It has been mentioned here previously but I believe this holds the key.

I am reckoning there will be a big twist in all of this when the truth outs.

:waitasec:

That was one of my thoughts at the start Caviar, it is either too early to ring the police OR too late. I did tell my husband that if I had gone for a walk at 10pm and wasn't home at 7.30am that he would have come looking and called the police earlier. That is of course if he was aware if Allison didn't come home. It has been said that they weren;t in the same bedroom. Even so though if I had a fight with my husband and he walked off in a huff, I would be listening to make sure I knew where he was and that he was safe.

Though if the practise was an early morning walk, if he was half an hour late, I would be starting to get concerned, ringing him and getting in the car to look for him, NOT ringing the police. Similarly with GBC sister, if she arrived from Townsville on the Friday and took the girls to school, he must have alerted very early, only a couple of planes out of Townsville on a Friday (I only looked at Qantas) one at 5.55am = too early, next one around 9.25 (could be done, you would have to consider it very urgent to get to Brisbane) that one ;lands around 11 am, then the hour drive to Brookfield, you won;t have been there until after 12, getting lat to organise the girls to go school then.

The more this goes around in my head the more confused I become.

We don't really know if the sister still lives in Townsville. Some people do not change their location in Facebook straight away, or they forget, or they disguise their real location. Maybe she was visiting here before this happened?

I am really glad Allison has been given such a great amount of attention, I wish this occurred for all missing people. While there are so many Australians reading and participating here, it would be great if some could visit the thread for "Bung" a Melbourne school girl who went missing almost a year ago, with very scant media attention. Her thread is here [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=139527"]Australia Australia - Siriyakorn 'Bung' Siriboon, 13, Boronia, Victoria, 02 June 2011 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

The article mentions guilt at not doing enough. It's almost as though they know what happened and they think they could have prevented it. Very, very sad for the parents.

Totally agree Kenmorian, what was it ?? This will make a fantastic book

We don't really know if the sister still lives in Townsville. Some people do not change their location in Facebook straight away, or they forget, or they disguise their real location. Maybe she was visiting here before this happened?

Yep the sisters husband is the Pastoral care pastor one of four full time pastors on the pastoral team at Northreach Baptist Church in Townsville

I think that quote is attributed incorrectly here, her friend said it. I don't think she is implying suicide, it could apply to violence within the marriage ...

By mentioning that quote, I certainly wasn't suggesting her mum though Allison was capable of taking her own life. And she clearly does not believe that was the case.

Just a couple of things I was thinking about;
-Does anyone know if the relationship between Allison and GBC was strained before this happened? There doesn't seem to be much in the way of information relating to this. The best friend hasn't hinted, her parents haven't either.
-I think that we should have an open mind to all possibilities. Just because Allison was a wonderful woman and dedicated to her children doesn't mean that she may have been having an affair. She could have been unhappy in her marriage with GBC and sort comfort elsewhere. Remember the Herman Rockefeller case where the dedicated family man turned out to lead a second-life of a swinger and ended up murdered. Not saying Allison was that kind of woman, but its just food for thought that there could be more than we all know about.

This is what I was alluding to earlier about maybe she left her car at the showgrounds and went for a drive with someone else. I have read so much stuff in here about him having an affair and them being in separate rooms etc - its not beyond possibility that they were discreetly leading separate lives yet still living under the one roof for their children's sake.

If she was discreetly seeing someone, there are a lot of men who frequent dating sites and who have been convicted for offences where they have dumped a woman's body. (I'm a former correctional officer and have seen them on dating sites).

She had ALL the stresses of a 43 year old.

a) GBC killed her

b) ABC killed herself

It could be either by what these close peoples statements can mean. She lived a really hard life, all the way until her husband ended it. Or she couldn't handle it anymore and sadly did it to herself. Also, maybe did it to herself in such a way to make it seem murderous (then her kids would have more money). Was there confirmation about this conference she was meant to attend? Children sleepover Thur or Fri? What if she committed the deed at home, and GBC thought of the insurance possibilities? Could he have arrived home and found her there, and then freaked, thinking everyone would think he killed his wife?.....................Im so torn now. Im unsure as to why people are so dismissive of Allison's possibilities ie her fidelity and her depression level within. I have been very depressed....and gone and played a happy face at school pick up..........who hasn't? The examiners report will reveal all I think.

Im unsure......I was darn sure he did it......Now I feel so unsure.

Those comments meant poor Allison's last few years were struggling years....(tears). She died an unhappy lady. I feel so many of us are probably in a similar scenario (minus the affair/abuse crap). We need to learn from what happened to this lady......and do something for ourselves.

My take is that if the police thought there was another male involved in her murder, they would have already made it clear to the public that the husband is NOT a person of interest, but they haven't. I don't think she had a "date" or similar.

I am really glad Allison has been given such a great amount of attention, I wish this occurred for all missing people. While there are so many Australians reading and participating here, it would be great if some could visit the thread for "Bung" a Melbourne school girl who went missing almost a year ago, with very scant media attention. Her thread is here Australia Australia - Siriyakorn 'Bung' Siriboon, 13, Boronia, Victoria, 02 June 2011 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

They had no information to go on regarding Bung.....That I do know as FACT.

Totally agree Kenmorian, what was it ?? This will make a fantastic book

Only the police and god know that, but i'm guessing its of crucial importance to understanding what occured to mobilise that force so quickly

Two unconnected friends of mine - each not knowing the other - have both told me that they personally know one of the police officers involved in the case.

Whether this is two separate police officers, or one police officer that happens to know both of my friends (Brisbane is small enough), I don't know. I do not know the name of the officer they each were chatting with - and nor do I think it prudent to ask. The conversations with the officer/s occurred in close social situations, one of them a family gathering.

The point is: each person was told that when the police showed up for the first time at the Brookfield residence in response to that first "missing person" call, it was observed that GBC's torso was "covered in scratches". How they observed his torso I don't know - perhaps they asked him to reveal it as they may have noticed other marks on his body.

It is this (pretty damning) observation that prompted the immediate, massive search party, which - as we all know - is not the standard response to every missing person call.

I understand that this is, for now, hearsay, however the two people who told me this same story are both educated, professional, busy and discreet people. Not the type to indulge in gossip.

The police know more than any of us. All their talk refers to homicide/manslaughter and not to suicide. They have stated many times that they are confident of making an arrest in this case. It is not being treated as a suicide.

She had ALL the stresses of a 43 year old.

b) ABC killed herself

No, I do not for one moment believe that would ever happen!!. Besides that, it would not be classed as a homicide investigation!!

"We just want them to know that Allison loved them very much and she would never have left them and she's looking out for them."

Mr Dickie agreed the thing that would worry his daughter most now was her children

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/queensland/grief-for-lost-daughter/story-e6freoof-1226346302840

Two unconnected friends of mine - each not knowing the other - have both told me that they personally know one of the police officers involved in the case.

Whether this is two separate police officers, or one police officer that happens to know both of my friends (Brisbane is small enough), I don't know. I do not know the name of the officer they each were chatting with - and nor do I think it prudent to ask. The conversations with the officer/s occurred in close social situations, one of them a family gathering.

The point is: each person was told that when the police showed up for the first time at the Brookfield residence in response to that first "missing person" call, it was observed that GBC's torso was "covered in scratches". How they observed his torso I don't know - perhaps they asked him to reveal it as they may have noticed other marks on his body.

It is this (pretty damning) observation that prompted the immediate, massive search party, which - as we all know - is not the standard response to every missing person call.

I understand that this is, for now, hearsay, however the two people who told me this same story are both educated, professional, busy and discreet people. Not the type to indulge in gossip.

Thanks for this info Roma, could be a theory for the question i asked earlier. I bet that would get the police to move pretty quickly.

As I said there seems a lot more to this than meets the eye, a few suprises yet to come I fear :(

No, I do not for one moment believe that would ever happen!!. Besides that, it would not be classed as a homicide investigation!!

"We just want them to know that Allison loved them very much and she would never have left them and she's looking out for them."

Mr Dickie agreed the thing that would worry his daughter most now was her children

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/queensland/grief-for-lost-daughter/story-e6freoof-1226346302840

If I was ever contemplating such an act to myself......I would not be discussing it with my father.......................and after I had done it, I would expect my father to say precisely what Mr Dickie (bless him) has said.

Of course he could never believe that she would do that..............Loving mums dont leave their kids......unless life is too dark to handle. It's happened to the most loving moms (and dads...often) too.

Though it may be best to get off the suicide possibility......as currently, it is a unlawful homocide investigation....so I presume at this stage, they do not believe that happened.

I wonder now whether the large police deployment was because they thought Allison might be still alive. If they suspected GBC because of scratches on his body wouldn't they have arrested him on suspicion of murder or of disposing of a body. Perhaps I have watched too many crime shows. The other thought would they have left the girls in his control if they suspected him strongly.

I think there would of been a lot that Allison could of exposed with the business, the whole GBC would of been a domineering group for her and their actions show that they are not above anything. It is quite possible Allison caught GBC on mobile to another woman or saw SMS, and they argued, she could of threatened to expose things that would of caused a public humiliation to his whole family ( wish the first thread was still here, priceless info and posts on that)

The only thing that is positive about what has happened here is that she has at least succeeded in causing his whole family public humilation, shame and they have shown their true colours.
It is just too too sad that she was not able to over come the monster who did this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties