Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow. Who spiked the koolaid this time?

OK so... let's get this straight?

So. Hypothetical. I've just done the most horrible reprehensible thing that will make everyone I know loath me and see me jailed for life. I want to conceal this and hide the evidence.

So I ring around at midnight - hey can I borrow your trailer mate? Just for an hour or two?. Cue lots of driving with a noisy trailer in and out of at least two suburban homes and around a scenic fishing spot in the middle of the night.

OK sorted. Then I work out my cover story "Went to bed at 10pm. Call cops to say wife missing in morning."

But wait, there's more. To make this look natural I call a criminal lawyer and manage to get him out of bed, drive for an hour and be at my house before I call the cops...to just report someone missing. Cos criminal lawyers all publish their home numbers and love nothing more than getting out of bed at bizarre-o-clock in the morning on a weekday. And cos that won't look suss or nothing...

But as it turns out the cops think something's weird cos the lawyer is there. But he's such a hotshot criminal lawyer it never occurs to him that his presence might raise suspicion and destroy the cover story? Right...

Oh and the kids who went for a sleepover, to make things easier on a busy morning, come back home before going to school? Cos yeah that makes things easier.

I thought the boat theories and canoeist conspiracies a few days ago were bad enough, but this is just getting surreal :)

I like you. So I refuse to take offence

Next: the trailer (and Swinglish has linked a photo which proves one existed at a family address) may be nicely parked away in a rent-a-shed. So no need to ring around. And not necessarily much noise either if the 'be prepared' motto is taken to heart. And why wouldn't it be?

There's garden rubbish galore all over the place, as reported by the media. For instance, the media reported police had cleared overgrowth up to 1.8 metres in height near where ABC's body was discovered. Caused by all that abundant rain plus the heat of summer. So lots of garden rubbish requiring removal and what better or more ordinary by a trailer hitched behind a family vehicle. In any case, lots of people use trailers and draw no attention at all

Then we have the handy scouts' ground not far from the residences in question. And not far from the river either

People would be used to seeing 4 x wheels with trailers on the back going in and out of the scouts' camp. The gates were unlocked until after ABC's body was discovered, if media reports are to be believed. They reported that locks had been fitted to the gates and plastic tape stretched around the entrance after the body was discovered. But before the murder/search took place, it would be easy to shove back the gate in preparation for unobstructed entrance later on. Don't you think?

Ok. Now what's your beef with the criminal lawyer ? Is it that you don't believe he was present when the police arrived?

If you do believe he was present, how do you explain it?

What do you believe caused the police to respond so unusually swiftly to what seemed a premature claim of a woman going 'missing' ?

As to the kids going home after a sleep-over before going to school -- how is that unusual considering the school is minutes away?

I'm now convinced. a trip through the roundabout in the prado was captured.
and it either was:
a) on the way to pick up the trailer from the 'someones' home,
b) returning home with the trailer attached- to collect the body
c) full trailer on the way to Kholo
d) returning home after dropping off the trailer

that's four possible trips, and if he knew there was a party on the route along Rafting Ground Road - he'd want to avoid repeated trips in case he was noticed. Silly him not thinking avoiding these possible witnesses and instead getting snapped on camera..

We're in the process of moving you guys, so pack your bags. We're going to put all the threads in the HOT CASES portion of Websleuths.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=359"]Hot Cases - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

To make it really easy for you all to find it, we will also have a link on the front page under "FEATURED HOT CASE" www.websleuths.com

It isn't there yet, but it will be within the next couple of hours. Just letting you know.

You might be seeing some different moderators popping in and out, but I'll still be your administrator.

:goodpost:

I'm now convinced. a trip through the roundabout in the prado was captured.
and it either was:
a) on the way to pick up the trailer from the parents home,
b) returning home with the trailer attached- to collect the body
c) full trailer on the way to Kholo
d) returning home after dropping off the trailer

that's four possible trips, and if he knew there was a party on the route along Rafting Ground Road - he'd want to avoid repeated trips in case he was noticed. Silly him not thinking avoiding these possible witnesses and instead getting snapped on camera..

given that there's been no request for sighting of a car towing a trailer, i think the trips along rafting ground road were b) and c)

Wow. Who spiked the koolaid this time?

OK so... let's get this straight?

So. Hypothetical. I've just done the most horrible reprehensible thing that will make everyone I know loath me and see me jailed for life. I want to conceal this and hide the evidence.

So I ring around at midnight - hey can I borrow your trailer mate? Just for an hour or two?. Cue lots of driving with a noisy trailer in and out of at least two suburban homes and around a scenic fishing spot in the middle of the night.

OK sorted. Then I work out my cover story "Went to bed at 10pm. Call cops to say wife missing in morning."

But wait, there's more. To make this look natural I call a criminal lawyer and manage to get him out of bed, drive for an hour and be at my house before I call the cops...to just report someone missing. Cos criminal lawyers all publish their home numbers and love nothing more than getting out of bed at bizarre-o-clock in the morning on a weekday. And cos that won't look suss or nothing...

But as it turns out the cops think something's weird cos the lawyer is there. But he's such a hotshot criminal lawyer it never occurs to him that his presence might raise suspicion and destroy the cover story? Right...

Oh and the kids who went for a sleepover, to make things easier on a busy morning, come back home before going to school? Cos yeah that makes things easier.

I thought the boat theories and canoeist conspiracies a few days ago were bad enough, but this is just getting surreal :)

If he had help of NBC, not so strange. IMO GBC phoned NBC, they meet near the roundabout. Stop nearby. Maybe they do something with the trailer that looks strange to others. Stranger things have happened.

It's a tough one. In some ways i agree, its like ripping their hearts out twice! However at the same time, it creates a solid platform for them to look back on, a "clean break" or time marker - a milestone. Its hard to put into words. In the future they might look back and be grateful that they had a chance to say goodbye to their Mom, same as everyone else had the chance to do, despite the pain. But then again i go back to the feeling of it needlessly dragging them through the pain again. I don't think there will be regrets after the pain eases. Nevertheless they were a beautiful testimony to their Mom!

I think a funeral is different from your Mothers' funeral. I think it is something the girls needed to attended. Their lives are not only as the young girls they are today, there many many years ahead of being without a Mum, but also of being able to mourn and honour her memory.

Funerals are for those left behind, not for the the deceased!!

Another :goodpost:

If he had help of NBC, not so strange. IMO GBC phoned NBC, they meet near the roundabout. Stop nearby. Maybe they do something with the trailer that looks strange to others. Stranger things have happened.

Agree

I agree that he's phoned and had help from someone's trailer. I doubt there was an exchange of some sort at the roundabout, though wouldn't put it past them in a frantic/panic mode. I think he's driven to someone's home to hook up their trailer.

Obviously QPS have phone records and camera images, if only we had more information to work with... I seriously hope I turn on the tv at some stage today to see breaking news - trailer seized...

:seeya: QPS I hope you're reading all this!

Love your work, Kailee and Swinglish

Stay with it

Hate to leave but have to grab some sleep

:yourock:

As a real estate agent GBC has probably dealt with a number of solicitors over time so may know a few quite well.

My recollection was that the solicitor from Brisbane and the barrister was from the Gold Coast. The solicitor could very well be a neighbour and he was called and travelled over at his own instigation.

The time of 7.30 has always intrigued me, people usually have a time that they is "acceptable" to call others. 7am or 7.30 is when I consider it polite to ring people, not family or close friends but others. I have even heard people say, "they waited till after 7am to ring us, so we wouldn't get worried", while I wouldn't put the police in this category and would ring them whenever, this may the case here.

Just had a thought, perhaps the solicitor's car is seen in the roundabout footage as well, perhaps GBC rang him early in the morning and he said I will be over at 7am, he arrives they discuss the situation and the solicitor recommends calling the police and that he will stay if needed.

I think we have established the the BC's are/where very aware of appearances, Gerard may think that he looks like people in American shows with his lawyer by his side, and also that the police will be intimidated by it. The solicitor would also in Gerard eyes, make him look like he has mon ey and that he is "somebody". Perhaps his greed gave him away from the start.

Genius !!! Welcome :takeabow:

If I'm not mistaken, the blue tarp and board thing behind the trailer looks VERY similar to what sat at the back of one of the GBC vehicles in a photo linked by BrizzychickinUSA, 24 hours or so ago

People asked what was at the back of the vehicle, in fact

For the photo of the vehicle to be in that position, the trailer would have needed to be moved from where it appears in your linked photo. And no telling how old your linked photo is. The trailer may have been moved to another location since then, allowing room now for a car to be parked in the same position

Wonder if investigators are aware a trailer used to be parked in that position at that address? Wonder if they're aware of the existence of a trailer?

Thanks very much for your input and please grace us with many more :)

Looking at the google link of BC home, I think the Trailer with the blue tarp is what is behind the picture of the Captiva at GBC's house, I think it is a small caravan.

I just had a wild 'aha' moment...

could there have been a phone call, a request to meet so that a towball (or perhaps just a tool was required) from a garden shed be attached to the Prado in a carpark close to the roundabout? a shopping centre carpark would be a quiet enough location, not to wake neighbours.

The middle B-C child was very much a mummy's girl, very clingy to Allison, today must have been very hard for all 3 girls.

We've been discussing what information could have triggered police to act so quickly - I was told that GB-C's lawyer was at the house when police arrived! GB-C told police that the kids were at home that night and one of the children said they weren't.

If he bundled the children into the car during the night that would be one explanation for the Prado being seen in the driveway with all four doors open that someone posted earlier was report locally?

As a real estate agent GBC has probably dealt with a number of solicitors over time so may know a few quite well.

My recollection was that the solicitor from Brisbane and the barrister was from the Gold Coast. The solicitor could very well be a neighbour and he was called and travelled over at his own instigation.

The time of 7.30 has always intrigued me, people usually have a time that they is "acceptable" to call others. 7am or 7.30 is when I consider it polite to ring people, not family or close friends but others. I have even heard people say, "they waited till after 7am to ring us, so we wouldn't get worried", while I wouldn't put the police in this category and would ring them whenever, this may the case here.

Just had a thought, perhaps the solicitor's car is seen in the roundabout footage as well, perhaps GBC rang him early in the morning and he said I will be over at 7am, he arrives they discuss the situation and the solicitor recommends calling the police and that he will stay if needed.

I think we have established the the BC's are/where very aware of appearances, Gerard may think that he looks like people in American shows with his lawyer by his side, and also that the police will be intimidated by it. The solicitor would also in Gerard eyes, make him look like he has mon ey and that he is "somebody". Perhaps his greed gave him away from the start.

The solicitor is from the Gold Coast. The Barrister Peter Davis has his chambers in George Street Brisbane. I would think that is why GBC was photographed in Goerge Street on May 1st.

I too had a feeling Maverick.au & Bayside are in the know, I hang off their every word and have noticed Maverick.au's deleted posts from earlier threads. I was trying to find the post mentioning something was found at/in the back of one of the cars - perhaps that was... a tow ball?

I think the screenshot of the roundabout that someone took on the night of the police road block has taken on a life of it's own! It was not a reinactment, it was a roadblock, and several ppl sat up during delerium hours watching the image refresh. The captured screenshot is just some random vehicle that was passing. No connection to this case, IMO.

Having said that, I'm not disputing the fact that a trailer could have been used, but I doubt it. bringing me back to what was found at the back of one of the cars. Can anyone find that gem of a post from Maverick.au. Was the wording 'at' or 'in' the back of the car?

The ONE thing that struck me the most from all the funeral photos is GBCs massive hands resting on his daughters. And to think that those strong hands could have done this...

Yeah - I remember Maverick.au's post about something in the back of the car - I have searched , and it is gone. This is another thing that put the police on to GBC immediately, according to Mav. Maverick.au's and Bayside's posts reassure me, as much as Mark A's statements do. The police know who did it - and they will get him!

I cannot put in to words the respect I have for our police force. Not only do they risk their lives in the line of duty, but imagine the impact of cases like this on the lives of all involved! not only on them - on their families, too. I know how this case has affected me - desperate for justice for Alison. The police have handled this so well - I have every faith in them; they will catch the people that committed this horrific crime. They have handled this case so well - they have done an amazing job!

Mr Baden Powel was very wise to contact a lawyer as soon as possible, regardless of the circumstances of his wife's disappearance. He was also wise to contact an experienced criminal defence firm. The firm involved would have a 24hr number that is answered by a person, not an anwering machine. For a very serious matter such as this, he would have been referred immediately to one of the firm's senior solicitors. That solicitor would have advised him to have minimal interaction with the police. The solicitor would have wanted to be present at any time that his client was interviewed or questioned. Heading straight to Brisbane, if that was indeed the case, would not be unusual in any way. Lawyers are often called out in the middle of the night for far less serious matters. The suggestion that the lawyer visited his client's house and started destroying or concealing evidence is ludicrous. To do so would mean the end of his career and a prison sentence. There is a very wide spectrum of ways in which Mr Baden Clay could have some degree of criminal responsibility for his wife's death. All of them require immediate and competent legal advice and representation.

I'm always being told "google is your friend"

Maybe in this case it's GBCs worst enemy because his computer shows proof of him googling the legal reps details.

And among other things....his right to remain silent!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member