Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just rehashing some old posts from CM and came across thisone that I had never read.....

Maybe some of his quotes will come back and bite him on the *advertiser censored*?

FOR Gerard Baden-Clay, honesty has always been the best policy.

In his online blogs, his company profiles and in his capacity as a real estate industry leader, it's a topic he revisits over and over.

"In business, it's simple: never lie," he told The Courier-Mail in 2008.

"For starters, it's the wrong thing to do but secondly you will always get caught out and usually when you least expect it.

"There are just too many people, too many personalities, too many trails ... and too much to lose."

It is an interesting read if you feel like going back to initial reports about GBC??

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...built-on-honesty/story-e6freoof-1226340594889

Sorry if this has been mentioned already, I cant quite keep up with all the comments.

The blog that was mentioned earlier where perhaps 5 people might be implicated....

http://paulgtully.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/how-long-more-till-police-pounce-on.html

Where he states "Speculation is rife that the killer may have even attended the church service at St Paul's in Ipswich last Friday" ...I imagine he might think he knows the names of the people involved and in what capacity....but notice he said KILLER in the singular and that there was speculation the killer was there....GBC and family were in attendance and this would be expected..no speculation there, so who would be speculated in their attendance and thus who he thinks is the killer? There was some speculation in earlier posts about the attendance of a certain someone....

I will leave it there...maybe I am just reading into it too much....

Luv youse all!!

Itsthevibe - that's clinched it - girl!

Laserdisc10 and Willough - girls - you two have had me in tears tonight with your posts.
Berry - girl; you had me in tears this morning. So glad your here posting today! Could so easily not have been : (

Neuro / Makara - girls. You both crack me up!

And where on earth is Keyboredom (aka Maverick.au) ? I think you are a boy. You crack me up, too.

This post will tick off the serious armchair sleuths because it's off topic - but lets face it, most of the 7 threads are off topic!

Ms Fawn

Great post!!

When women say things like you said in this post, their comments are often dismissed as fanciful female intuition. People often refer to womens' intuition as if is just emotional guesswork.

There is plenty of research that shows that women on average, are much better than men at reading human nonverbal communication.

Most women have probably had the experience of saying to their male partner at a social event: "there's something (sexual) going on between those 2". The male partner usually replies with something like "what makes you think that?" because he sees no such signe. Later, when your observations have been proven, your male partner cannot remember your original observation!!

Fawn, I thinks that your observations of GBC could probably be easily quantified, but unfortunately would not stand up in court. Keep up the high quality obs.

Thank you very much. I try not to give intuition too much weight but more be on the lookout for inconsistencies in someone's behaviour and what they say i.e how would a normal person act and express themselves in that situation. GBC's behaviour and wording to me was not what you would expect a normal concerned, grieving husband to be. His sister's behaviour and body language on the other hand (as others have pointed out) is more consistent with a normal response to this situation. I don't know if he did the deed but he definitely knew the deed was done when he spoke to the media...

I don't wish to break the rules of this AWESOME forum / community privilege etc., but on going over the records of Laci's case, which I followed from start to finish ... do please LOOK what I suddenly noted at: abcnews .go. com /US/story?id=90600&page=1 (NO gaps!) guys ....

"Baden, the former chief pathologist for New York City, said it could not be determined from the autopsy how the baby came out of Laci's body.

"It does tell us that the baby was in the womb for many months after Laci was in the water and Laci in fact protected the baby until the baby came out shortly before the bodies were found," Baden said." :book:

OMG! The guys don't only resemble one another, given their age difference in each instance, the 21C FOR SALE sign at the Peterson's home, & now this ~ the BADEN name too! :gasp:

I'm out of here before I get thrown out! :couch:
~@~ :iamashamed:

Hi. I remember watching the movie, and wondered about how the baby came to be outside of her body. I googled it and it said it had happened naturally when the body had decomposed. That was a very, very sad case.

I don't know this Ipswich councillor, but his comments are too farfetched!!
Five?? ... Seriously doubt it. You don't need five to perpetrate this murder. Maybe 2, stretching it to 3. The less people know, the safer they are (the perps). I think Ipswich Guy is an attention seeker.

He doesn't need to seek attention as he's always out and about.papers tv etc..IRead somewhere that the BCs FB status was at one stage .....We are prisoners in our own home and worse is to come(no proof as locked down)...Mr Tully is most likely getting some info from here ..He knows there are lots following the case .IMO he's on here to

Totally OT but in the video of the funeral what the heck do you guys think the man with the glasses is doing at around 0:06?? It looks really odd in fullscreen!
http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/queensland/justice-for-allison-her-familys-vow-20120511-1ygrm.html

He looks like he is a secret serv ice agent protecting the President of the United States

Seriously though, he is looking for someone or something - I think he is probably a detective, keeping someone under surveillance,

I've been assuming most people in this thread are female. Not entirely sure why. I just know this whole thing resonates with me very strongly and I'm going to be filled with moral outrage until I see a sad little face (or 2) being marched off in handcuffs. Look upset for the camera this time, *advertiser censored*.

And I'm not usually the moral outrage type - more live and let live. I've never been into crime cases before, although I have read up on forensics and find them fascinating from a science/med point of view.

But there's something about this one that's personal - maybe cos I feel an element of sisterhood with Allison because of local things in common, maybe because I'm particularly interested in psychopaths and narcissists and feel the need to educate people about them (which is the actual thing that made me create an account and make my first post). Maybe because I'm incredibly pissed off to hear about yet another brilliant, capable woman's life destroyed by falling for the wrong guy, and the social expectations of 'til death do us part'. Yeah, about that...

Wow! What a post. One of my faves and I do hear you about the narcissism/psychopath thing. Having had a relationship with one i learnt a lot about it simply to make sense of it all, but it is very helpful in understanding people. Sadly, most people don't understand this is what is behind so many behaviours and they look at things much more innocently and simplistically. I make no criticism of that, but adding to the understanding of these disorders is a very worthy thing to do. A greater awareness will help so much in understanding why people behave as they do, and why others might misread them, or 'dis' others who actually read them correctly but can't explain why.

And hey, don't you love using the term '*advertiser censored*'? Makes me smile every time ...

We seem to be having a bit of a 'love-in' here right now - i think we needed it to be honest. :grouphug:

I think Hawkins is male.

ditto that. Although... I've lost count of the number of times I've had to delete the handlebar mustache mental imagery and masculine voice when reading along with the posts

Just caught up on today's posts. Such a different vibe in here tonight. Perhaps it is a sign that something good is about to happen. Here's hoping.

300 people viewing this thread...maybe why the page is slow to load sometimes LOL

Hi. I remember watching the movie, and wondered about how the baby came to be outside of her body. I googled it and it said it had happened naturally when the body had decomposed. That was a very, very sad case.

What I find incredible is that with all the cases like the Petersen one and many, many others, movies about them, etc., men who commit these crimes still think they can get away with it. The ones that may escape being prosecuted IMO are when there is no body, but otherwise, most are brought to justice.

I think I heard after Gordon Wood was released that the double-jeopardy laws have been changed? Does any one know anything about this? It appears that a perp can be tried again for the same crime if new evidence come to light?

Just caught up on today's posts. Such a different vibe in here tonight. Perhaps it is a sign that something good is about to happen. Here's hoping.

Hehe I hope so too... But i took it as more of a sign that there is no new news so we have started talking about each other instead :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gretyr