Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it was "Friend for Life" (the program she was rolling out)

Thank you. What a dreadful loss to that program, it is lifechanging for a lot of children and their families.

Hi again - some people have mentioned this previous post so I updated to the best of my current knowledge - feel free to correct or enhance or argue or whatever :)

----

From media (there are links to all these references in previous posts by others, sorry I can't go back and verify):
- Gerard Baden-Clay maintains he last saw his wife at 10pm - she was watching TV
- Gerard Baden-Clay behaved unusually during the search for his wife
- Gerard Baden-Clay engaged legal representation early in the investigation, well before there was any sign Allison would be found
- Gerard Baden-Clay's lawyer engaged a barrister on the day Allison's body was discovered
- GBC had a scratch on his face
- Police stated a canoeist discovered Allison's body - this is likely to be fact, as they don't/can't make false statements to the media/public
- Activity (most likely vehicle movement) occurred around the Kenmore Roundabout that is of interest to police
- Allison's Holden Captiva and its movements are of interest
- Any movement of the family Toyota Prado with signage on rear is of interest
- Allison had plans for the next day and would (logically) have had a lot of the children's gear and needs pre-organised for school and planned sleepover
- Allison's body was found underneath the Kholo creek bridge, not where it would have landed if thrown from the edge (but may have been moved in the tidal or floodwater)
- Police showed interest in, and searched, the scouting grounds and surrounding areas upstream from where Allison's body was found
- GBC business was in financial trouble and he recently borrowed $300k from partners
- the police have/had GBC's mobile phone
- the police were actively seeking Allison's mobile phone and it hasn't been mentioned recently - it was expected to be somewhere within 150m of her home based on the last info provided by 'someone' - most likely the phone network provider
- Neighbours overheard a disturbance in Allison's home on the night she disappeared
- two 4WD vehicles (a large white vehicle and a blue vehicle) were seen near the area Allison was discovered (time not clear - before 4AM Fri)

Other facts or missing info (not in media as far as I know)
- Someone saw an elderly person in the bus shelter at the roundabout during the time of interest
- Allison had a hairdressing appointment on Thu evening, that she attended
- The police have records of texts sent by GBC on the night (from Maverick, not media)
- There was a lot of rain in the couple of days before Allison was found - mixed reports on how fast or high the creek was flowing and whether the floodwater could have transported Allison's body
- There is no mention Allison was wearing running shoes, or any mention that's what GBC said she was wearing at 10pm
- Allison was found wearing the clothes (or something like the clothes) someone described she would be wearing - most likely GBC. He *may* have assumed this by guessing she was wearing her usual walking outfit or by clothes missing from her room/wardrobe
- the children were told something strange by the father when they realised their mother was missing (only Maverick has mentioned this, it is not reported in media, and not substantiated)
- screams happened 2.5-4 km away from Allison's home on the night she disappeared, most likely put down to noisy teens (and this is quite likely given the behaviour of teens in our area)
- there was something found in the rear of one of the cars (info from Maverick only, not further substantiated); highly unlikely the cars would have been returned to the family if there was any form of evidence discovered, so unsure if this is accurate
- a white 4WD and small blue car were seen parked very close together at the Anstead Store late on Thursday
- some of the fact emerging about the case in the background are distrubing (Hawkins)
-

Possible info (based on local jungle drums, speculation on this forum and reading into media reports - complete conjecture really) :
- A number of arguments have been overheard in the house in the past
- GBC had scratches on his chest (this has been mentioned on here and is doing the rounds of the local gossip but has not been substantiated)
- GBC had been having an affair previously
- he may have still been 'acting suspiciously'
- he treated Allison badly
- there may have been an AVO/DVO involved
- Allison's car may have been left at the showgrounds (nothing stated by police except at least one local claims this is what they were told)
- the house was a mess (holes in walls etc) - have only heard this from one local
- Allison's family dislike Gerard Baden-Clay's family

** NOTE ALL THE ABOVE 'possible info' - based on verbal conjecture by locals in the area or posted on her identifying themselves as people in the know - therefore should be taken with a grain of salt

Thank you keyboredom, that just about sums it up, I am saving this so that I remember what is fact and what is supposition.:)

Mr Baden-Clay reported his wife missing in the early morning after he last saw her on April 19 at 10pm.

He said she had left their Brookfield home in grey exercise pants and running shoes.

Later that day, as he drove to the police station to give more detail about the last time he saw his wife, he crashed his car into a bus stop and was taken to hospital with minor injuries.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/tr...ppen-to-the-good/story-fnat7jnn-1226353374332

Thank you very much for this xfiles. This would make more sense to me. IMO the Police would have wanted to speak to him further on the same day as he reported Allison missing. Not two days later.

If you read 543's first post I think he/she must have very good knowledge of the local area actually.

I'm sure they do, but that still won't let them live at the non-existent address 543 Brookfield Road :doh:

The police have stated that ABC was likely killed by someone close to her, and her house was a crime scene. These are facts. Therefore discounting 543's theory.

I wasn't talking about 543's theory but merely the reaction to those theories (in comparison to other outlandish theories that have been thrown about here but not received in the same way as 543's).

I think that the husband is innocent....I would just like to understand how and why people think that he's not. The phone ... it's obvious....he would turn it off!! Maybe I'm missing something here....that's why I asked.

I really believe that the phone has nothing of significance on it....because she had no time to react...she was probably dead by the time she hit the ground...and the phone went flying...hence no one can find the phone!!

The significance of finding the phone is exactly where poor Allison passed away and will proove how she died...eg...the phone is 3 to 5 meters from the road in bush with possibly some disturbance of gravel. Sigh...it's been a while...so the disturbance has gone already by other people pulling over, etc.

The phone is of great significance.

Upon reading your posts I am surmising this is what you are saying 543:

1. So Allison left the house?

2. So Allison allegedly was hit by a car?

3. So someone (who hit her) then drove out bush and dumped her body?

4. So this was somewhere at Little Ugly Creek with easy access was it?

5. So the car 'hit' happened within 150 metres of her house for phone to be pinging there?

Ok my bit now. This is speculation and you do not say 'IMO'. These posts seem to be rumours. :what:

Hi everyone,

finally caught up with the reading....speed reading aint my thing though so if I stuff up let me know. Firstly, I would like to add my 2.5 cents worth regarding the efforts of the police working on this case...unless one has been a member of the force, seeing the after effects of horrific accidents, crimes and other tragic events, speaking to devastated families in the midst of their grief, working to try and solve crimes with sometimes little evidence, and copping an absolute bagging in the process, I think it would difficult to make an assessment that such officers were not doing their best in this case. It is their job, they do get paid to do it (in my opinion, not enough) and I certainly could not do their job and maintain my sanity. I certainly would be in no position to criticize or assume they were being slack. On the topic of Pathways, this is an amazing program to help no only children with ASD (like my little darling), but any child/teen. It encompasses building resilience (bullying, DEPRESSION, low-self esteem, the effects of abuse etc) Just amazing. Allison would have been awesome in this role. She was obviously passionate about it. I hope somebody soon will get along side her girls and help them become resilient, strong, trusting and hopeful. This event certainly will have repercussions for them for years to come :(

Has anybody got any knowledge of the persons who advanced the $300 000 or so to GBC towards the business. Would it be a possibilty that an ex colleague of GBC, who also is helpful with police interviews could have lent money towards the business ? I mean this person used to have an interest in property worth $700K

Hey Hillsdon

Thanks for making the change to the post and sorting the quote out!

Cheers

Has anybody got any knowledge of the persons who advanced the $300 000 or so to GBC towards the business. Would it be a possibilty that an ex colleague of GBC, who also is helpful with police interviews could have lent money towards the business ? I mean this person used to have an interest in property worth $700K

I can't be sure, and I have no idea how to locate it, but I recall seeing it here, that GBC's parents may have been the lenders?

Ok, so I have about 3 pages to catch up on but...

I'd answer for 543 and say that the reason they're coming across like this is because ever since they expressed their differing theories/opinions everyone kinda jumped on them and haven't been really that kind about it.

I don't necessarily subscribe to 543's theories on the matter but I'd like to say that the theory they present is, to a great extent, as likely as any other at the moment given the *facts* that we have on this case. Just because we don't agree with them doesn't mean that they don't have the right to express their theories.

The general tone of all these threads is GBC did it. I certainly sway this way. HOWEVER how do we know that he did it? I've read (in this forum) of theories that suggest a possible involvement--he was an accessory but not the actual one who committed the crime. Sure, we all shrug and go "nah, no way" but why? I know that it's weird he "lawyered up" but perhaps that's because he was involved in a dodgy dealing that would result in his wife being kidnapped and murdered. All right, I think that's probably more prime-time viewing than reality HOWEVER it's a possibility given the facts we have.

The majority here thing GBC is guilty based on analysis of the one "interview" he did (and even I think there's something *very* wrong about how he conducts himself there) and other observations of photos and that BUT the reality is we have very little to work with. The majority of everything written here is pure speculation.

My point: I don't think 543 deserves the treatment he/she receives. It's a theory and so what should be done is shoot it down with *fact* or if that can't be done respectfully disagree.

Occam's razor usually wins out but it doesn't always. Just saying...and expect to receive flack for saying this but it's been bugging me for a couple of days so...yeah...I'm happy to go out on the limb. :)

Oh, IMO, MOO and all that jazz.

So there my theory wasn't that far fetched and at least it stopped people from obsessing about the phone or what Hawkins said Which by the way how the hell did you get kiddy *advertiser censored* out of Hawkins statement. Obviously watch too much SVU:floorlaugh:

I wasn't talking about 543's theory but merely the reaction to those theories (in comparison to other outlandish theories that have been thrown about here but not received in the same way as 543's).
Because every night they come back to the same point about how the police are on the wrong track, etc. It's infuriating. I've put them on my ignore list, however other peoples quoted replies still come thru.

This is a video of how people really are when their loved one goes missing.

Missing woman's family appeals for information - YouTube

Yes it makes me angry when I see his pathetic interview, I feel sad for Alison's family, I'm sure they have had no more info from him than what the dad said, what was it "he said she went for a walk"
He should have been before the cameras begging for help from the public to find his loved wife. I'm sure the police would have asked him to do so. No excuse whatsoever letting her parents have to do it.
IMO always

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member