GUILTY Australia - Andrew, 45, Rose, 44, & Chantelle Rowe, 16, slain, Kapunda, 8 Nov 2010 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He could have driven his mother's car. If she is asleep he could have sneaked the car out. How many kids have done this? TONS!

I cannot image how much blood he had on himself! I would think he changed clothes in the house before leaving (maybe her dads clothes he took) because after all he spent time in there. I am wondering if the weapon is in the house and he cleaned it up.

I still have some anger over the neighbor who heard the screams and didn't call police. What were they thinking!

i agree to some point and find it very sad that he didnt do anything. But i also feel sorry for the guy, apparently he is having nightmares about it now and cant stop hearing the screams. Personally if i heard someone yell help one or 2 times and then a man yell i would probably think the same thing as he did that it was a domestic, i however would have looked out the window, and listened carefully for a while but if he didnt leave for over a hour after he wouldnt have seen anything anyway.
As they say if your ever getting attacked yell fire not help as people these days dont come when you yell help.

Also someone mentioned that if he had called as the police station is so close things would have been different, not sure about the Kapunda police station but many around the barossa area are not manned 24/7.

1. His BEBO account says he drove a magna. In a thread on the RIP FB page (now deleted) 2 different people mentioned seeing a blue or gray magna earlier in the night in the street and then after the murders there was a person seen acting weird on the side of the road in a town not far from Kapunda. I have seen no reference to this on here?

I saw that on FB too. Someone saw bluish magna parked on the side of the road owards Tarlee out of town and saw an man in his 40’s or 50’s wearing a lot of clothing on what they said was a warm night and a hat covering his face a bit. They said he looked suspicious and they said he appeared to be throwing something out the into the bush. They say this was seen last Wednesday the 10th and was in the evening/night and NOT on the night/early hours of the murder.

Some people on FB were getting all worked up and thought it was the killer an he must have been wiping the blood off himself and disposing of ‘the towel’ which made me laugh as this was several days after the murder and the towel was found in a totally different location.

I believe that Magna on the side of the road with middle aged man is totally un-realated to this case. The guy who saw it even reported it to several Police stations and Crime Stoppers but said they were not really intereseted in taking a statement or any fine details. They just told him detectives will contact you if they need to. I believe they said this because they knew it was unrelated and were already clued up and onto the fact that it was a teen/youth/one of Chantelles friends that they were looking for or even possibly had JD as a supect by that time. From memory it was several days after the 10th that this guy actually contacted the police and reported it. I think it was this Monday the 15th when all that discussion occured on FB so im sure they well and truely had JD as a suspect then and bascially kind of ignored the report about a Magna and a 40/50 yr old man parked on the side of the road torward Tarlee.

The other 'Magna' report was by a neighbour who said they saw a silver/gray Magna pull up at the Rowe house and 4 youths/young men with shaved heads got out out or were seen in the car. I cant remember exacly if this was at night or day but i think it was just earlier in the day on sunday.

Im not sure if this was the same neighbour who heard the screams. i think someone said it was and someone suggested he may have just made up the silver Magna/4 guys with shaved heads story to divert attention from him not ringing the cops when he heard screams so that story could have been made up or just totally un-related.

That is what i remember reading on FB. I didnt actually save it but i think it was saved by Mrs G Norris in here photo bucket folder?

Remember also that there are several types of Magnas. Old square shaped ones and newer more modern shaped round ones.

i agree to some point and find it very sad that he didnt do anything. But i also feel sorry for the guy, apparently he is having nightmares about it now and cant stop hearing the screams. Personally if i heard someone yell help one or 2 times and then a man yell i would probably think the same thing as he did that it was a domestic, i however would have looked out the window, and listened carefully for a while but if he didnt leave for over a hour after he wouldnt have seen anything anyway.
As they say if your ever getting attacked yell fire not help as people these days dont come when you yell help.

Also someone mentioned that if he had called as the police station is so close things would have been different, not sure about the Kapunda police station but many around the barossa area are not manned 24/7.

BBM:

I didn't know he was having nightmares now. I feel for him, but you know those screams would have been way over the top sounding. Enough to alert someone that they are being harmed.

I wonder now if they will man that police station now

The first report of the magna was earlier in the night driving down their street. the second sighting was after the crime and was of a man acting suspiciously by the side of the road outside of town (near Tarlee)....the acting "suspiciously" was that it was a hot night and the man was fully dressed - overdressed even and seemed to be throwing something into the bush. Apparently whoever saw this reported it to the police but they seemed disinterested. you could clarify this with the admin from the RIP FB page as she/he was at this person to report it again and again and again even go to the newpapers with what they saw if the police didn't do anything.

Just found this. So sad to think she was such a normal teenage girl and yet died such a horrible death...the kids are supposed to list 43 things they want to achieve, getting this job was the only one listed though.

{mod edit} remove link
looking for full time work by (name removed)
hi my names (name removed) im 16 and i want a full time job so i can leave school. i think working at woolworths would be a good oppitunity for me. i great with people and im always smiling (:

4 months ago | 0 comments

^ it is awful...she was such a doll, those photos of her trying on clothes in the mirror made me smile and cry at the same time, just like us when we were kids, and she reminds me so much of my twin nieces who are the same age.

more questions

did his mother know he was 'disturbed'
did his mother know he'd done this?
hwo is the community with her?
have they had the funeral yet?
did andrew and rose have any problems with jd before that night?
did they even know him?
what sort of car did his mother drive? (did he take his mothers car that night)
when did they go out??

It is very sad. If I heard someone calling out for help, regardless of whether or not I thought it was a domestic dispute then at the very least I would call 000. In this situation there is no danger for doing so, and you can even call anonamously if you want (although I suspect that the authorities can trace your call if they really want to).

He said that he thought it was a domestic dispute, if someone cries for help it shouldnt matter what the circumstances are. Most violent crimes are commited by 'loved ones' or people that the person knows, so if it's a domestic dispute then there is even more reason to call.

Having said that I do feel sorry for the guy. He will have to live with his decision for the rest of his life, and that is not something that would be easy to live with :/

BBM:

I didn't know he was having nightmares now. I feel for him, but you know those screams would have been way over the top sounding. Enough to alert someone that they are being harmed.

I wonder now if they will man that police station now

Im not 100% sure that its not already manned 24/7 i just know not all smaller towns around this area are. Also im sure if its not they wont change it just because of 1 heartless sole who took 3 lives. This one incident doesnt make Kapunda any less safe IMO.

11. The police not being able to find the murder weapon yet - he could have stashed it in a crawl space, rooftop (i feel they will find it).

If it was stashed at their house they would have found it by now. Its a far too obvious place to hide something. He would have easily left blood on the ceiling/around manhole cover etc.

I have a question, how long generally does it take if one is arrested to go to trial? Is it like the USA like 1 to 5 years?

It is very sad. If I heard someone calling out for help, regardless of whether or not I thought it was a domestic dispute then at the very least I would call 000. In this situation there is no danger for doing so, and you can even call anonamously if you want (although I suspect that the authorities can trace your call if they really want to).

He said that he thought it was a domestic dispute, if someone cries for help it shouldnt matter what the circumstances are. Most violent crimes are commited by 'loved ones' or people that the person knows, so if it's a domestic dispute then there is even more reason to call.

Having said that I do feel sorry for the guy. He will have to live with his decision for the rest of his life, and that is not something that would be easy to live with :/

Very good point. As you say he will have to live with it forever, this has ruined many lives.

I have a question, how long generally does it take if one is arrested to go to trial? Is it like the USA like 1 to 5 years?

I believe it is about 1 year. Not sure about a crime of this magnitude however. He is back in court on Wednesday to discuss the suppression order i believe and then not to Feburary.

Thank you smbc, at least answers will not take forever like in the USA.

Im not 100% sure that its not already manned 24/7 i just know not all smaller towns around this area are. Also im sure if its not they wont change it just because of 1 heartless sole who took 3 lives. This one incident doesnt make Kapunda any less safe IMO.

I doubt it would be, but often there is a policeman on duty somewhere...I certainly remember when we were kids getting into trouble around these towns the police were always out and about and available to reign us in :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dutah82!!