Deceased/Not Found Australia - Angie Fuller, 30, running in to bushland with boyfriend on Tanami Road along the outback Stuart Highway, Northern Territory, 9 Jan 2023

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Northern Territory Police believe missing woman Angie Fuller is alive, as the search for her enters its second week.

The 30-year-old mother of two was last seen on Monday, January 9 on the Tanami Road, about 15km west of the Stuart Highway.

NT Police Acting Superintendent Rob Engels told reporters on Sunday that police remain hopeful Fuller will be found alive.

“There are certainly water sources in the area that she can access,” he said.

“Our experts to date tell us it is survivable at this time.”

The woman’s father, Tony Fuller, told the ABC he was anxious about his daughter’s welfare, despite the police’s positivity, and that her disappearance is out of character.

“As the days pass and the hours fold, I’m more concerned about if she is out there … that the time frame is closing in on her,” he said.

“I just want her to come home.”

He said his daughter had recently moved to Alice Springs and had taken a job at a drug and alcohol rehabilitation centre.

“She was working there and she was really enjoying it, and I could see she was eager and keen to get back,” he said.

He also slammed the videos shared by a man who claimed to be his Angie Fuller’s boyfriend, telling the ABC he’s never met him and doesn’t believe he’s dating his daughter.

Police released a statement on Tuesday advising the large-scale search and rescue operation has increased over the last week. Per the Guardian, Engels said 240sqkm have been covered.

Investigators have not confirmed whether they are treating Fuller’s disappearance as suspicious.

Ms Fuller's father, Tony Fuller, said he was 'sickened' by the videos circulating on social media of his daughter's supposed boyfriend, ABC News reported.

Mr Fuller said he has never met the man and does not believe he is in a relationship with his daughter.

The concerned father said he was 'absolutely devastated' by his daughter's disappearance and worried for her welfare.

Mr Fuller explained his daughter was turning her life around after moving to Alice Springs and started a job at a drug and alcohol rehabilitation service.

He said his daughter was really enjoying her new job and was 'eager and keen' to get back to it.

Mr Fuller said CCTV footage provided by McDonald's was the only evidence his daughter was in Alice Springs after she left Darwin on January 8.

Why do police believe she is still alive?

Now 2 days on from this post - and 2 days without any further police updates on case - I ask same question...?

The temperatures are what... around 30C, in that area? how could she survive now, 10 days? That is even if we are to believe the 'boyfriend's' account. I personally don't. I think there is more that hasn't been told and I'm not holding out much hope she is still alive.

A mother-of-two missing for 11 days in Central Australia has not accessed her bank accounts or social media since her disappearance, as police and emergency services continue to scour rugged terrain for any sign of her.

Key points:​

• Police are continuing to search for Angie Fuller, 30, last seen on Monday, January 9
  • Authorities hold serious concerns for her wellbeing, two weeks after her disappearance
  • Investigators are probing an alleged "incident" involving Ms Fuller's vehicle and another vehicle

Angie Fuller, 30, was last seen along the Tanami Road, north-west of Alice Springs, on afternoon of Monday, January 9.

Investigators have said for the first time they have been running a criminal investigation alongside their search-and-rescue efforts, since she was reported missing.

Speaking at a press conference today, NT Police Assistant Commissioner Michael White said authorities were approaching a "critical" decision as to whether to transition away from a search-and-rescue mission.

He said police hold "serious concerns" for her welfare but added she could still be alive, given recent rains in the region.

"We have conducted significant aerial searches, with helicopters, drones, foot searches, ATVs, motorbikes and associated searching," he said.

"We have conducted an extensive search [of] about 380 square kilometres of that area … we have not found any sign of her.

"We believe she was in that area at the time."

Ms Fuller has not accessed her bank accounts or social media since her disappearance, which authorities believe is out of character.

"It's possible that she's still out there walking around. It's possible that she's avoiding us. It's possible that something untoward happened to her, or that she's succumbed to the environment that she's walking in," Assistant Commissioner White said.

"If she is still out there walking around, there's a possibility that she could be surviving because of the groundwater that's out there. So we are hopeful, obviously, that we will find her alive."

Police investigating 'incident' involving two cars​

Assistant Commissioner White said investigators were "working closely with family" and were looking at a number of lines of inquiry.

He said a man who claimed to have been with Ms Fuller prior to her disappearance had been interviewed by police.

"We don't have any suspects at this stage," he said.

Assistant Commissioner White said Ms Fuller was last seen during an "incident" along the Tanami Road.

"About the time of her disappearance there was an incident involving two vehicles, which we believe involved the vehicle Angie was driving, and another vehicle," he said.

"We're continuing to investigate evidence in relation to that incident and see whether they are fully involved with each other."

A mother-of-two missing for 11 days in Central Australia has not accessed her bank accounts or social media since her disappearance, as police and emergency services continue to scour rugged terrain for any sign of her.

Key points:​

• Police are continuing to search for Angie Fuller, 30, last seen on Monday, January 9
  • Authorities hold serious concerns for her wellbeing, two weeks after her disappearance
  • Investigators are probing an alleged "incident" involving Ms Fuller's vehicle and another vehicle

Angie Fuller, 30, was last seen along the Tanami Road, north-west of Alice Springs, on afternoon of Monday, January 9.

Investigators have said for the first time they have been running a criminal investigation alongside their search-and-rescue efforts, since she was reported missing.

Speaking at a press conference today, NT Police Assistant Commissioner Michael White said authorities were approaching a "critical" decision as to whether to transition away from a search-and-rescue mission.

He said police hold "serious concerns" for her welfare but added she could still be alive, given recent rains in the region.

"We have conducted significant aerial searches, with helicopters, drones, foot searches, ATVs, motorbikes and associated searching," he said.

"We have conducted an extensive search [of] about 380 square kilometres of that area … we have not found any sign of her.

"We believe she was in that area at the time."

Ms Fuller has not accessed her bank accounts or social media since her disappearance, which authorities believe is out of character.

"It's possible that she's still out there walking around. It's possible that she's avoiding us. It's possible that something untoward happened to her, or that she's succumbed to the environment that she's walking in," Assistant Commissioner White said.

"If she is still out there walking around, there's a possibility that she could be surviving because of the groundwater that's out there. So we are hopeful, obviously, that we will find her alive."

Police investigating 'incident' involving two cars​

Assistant Commissioner White said investigators were "working closely with family" and were looking at a number of lines of inquiry.

He said a man who claimed to have been with Ms Fuller prior to her disappearance had been interviewed by police.

"We don't have any suspects at this stage," he said.

Assistant Commissioner White said Ms Fuller was last seen during an "incident" along the Tanami Road.

"About the time of her disappearance there was an incident involving two vehicles, which we believe involved the vehicle Angie was driving, and another vehicle," he said.

"We're continuing to investigate evidence in relation to that incident and see whether they are fully involved with each other."

Not looking good at all. Thanks for the updates.

UPDATE: Missing person - Alice Springs

Northern Territory Police have suspended the search and rescue operation for Angie Fuller, after 15 days of intensive searches across Alice Springs failed to locate the missing 30-year-old woman.

A large scale search and rescue operation covered almost 400 square kilometres of difficult terrain to try and locate the missing woman.

Angie was last seen in Alice Springs at 6:40pm on 9 January 2023, driving a red Toyota Corolla. This vehicle was located abandoned approximately 12 hours later on the Tanami Road, north west of Alice Springs.

A criminal investigation has been operating parallel to the search operation said Assistant Commissioner Michael White APM.

“The search and rescue component has been suspended this morning however, police will continue to investigate the circumstances surrounding her disappearance, which is being treated as suspicious.

“Police have spoken to all persons who are known to have last had contact with Angie.

“A number of corflute signs are being placed around the Alice Springs region, appealing to any members of the public who may have information relating to the matter.”

Anyone with information on Angie’s whereabouts is urged to contact police on 131 444 or via Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000. Please quote reference number 10228143.

Hoping for the best for her. And - planning to show my three daughters that boyfriend sovereign citizen police video with the mustache as part of my “never, never, ever, not ever, not even if he were the last man in earth” dating curricula

“The search and rescue component has been suspended this morning however, police will continue to investigate the circumstances surrounding her disappearance, which is being treated as suspicious.
I'm glad to see that they've shifted from the "we think she's alive because there's water out there" message, which was, IMO, completely unbelievable.

Homicide investigation launched as NT Police suspend search for missing Alice Springs woman Angie Fuller​

Police are treating the disappearance of 30-year-old Alice Springs woman Angie Fuller as a homicide, after earlier suspending the search for her in bushland north of Alice Springs.

Assistant Commissioner White said the last confirmed sighting of Ms Fuller was at a truck stop north of Alice Springs at 6.40pm.

He said police believe she was involved in "a vehicle incident" several hours later but said that sighting had not been confirmed by police.

"There [were] two vehicles involved and there was some sort of dispute, and as a result one of the cars was run off the road," Assistant Commissioner White said.

"We've spoken to all the parties we have seen, and that is the point we believe Angie became separated from everyone else."

He said that included a man who posted videos online claiming to be Ms Fuller's boyfriend, who he confirmed was "one of" investigators' persons of interest.

Putting myself in the scenraio that the boyfriend? laid out. Were in an altercation with unknown attackers so it's fight or flight time, off to the sticks we run. Here's my headscratcher, he separates from his girlfriend yet even under dire conditions one would want to stay together, strength in numbers even if just two of you. As a man I would feel this responsibility to protect my lady even if it means the taking of my own life. I cannot speak for this man's frame of mind and know that people under extreme danger think only of self preservation and scatter. The actions of the boyfriend when questioned by authorities after this raises eyebrows as well. I'm along for the ride now and waiting to see what comes to light.

It's difficult to take seriously those who claim to be "sovereign" and ignore local laws. MOO
Agreed the ole Sovereign Citizen ploy popping up again. When this ploy show's it's face it's usually do to the fact that their trying to hide something. If you truly have no involvement in the crime let the Police sift through every item in your vehicle to clear you of any involvement. Then talk of the family and or her friends having no idea who this guy is as well as one of his responses, I'm here to help search for her as well, or in reality keeping tabs on the search and possibly misguiding the searchers to lead them away from the location of her.

A woman with dark hair and earrings looks at the camera with a neutral expression

The disappearance of Angie Fuller, 30, is now being treated as a homicide.(Supplied: Facebook

• een suspended after 15 days

Ms Fuller, a mother of two, was last seen on Monday January 9, along the Tanami Road 15 kilometres west of the Stuart Highway turn off.

At a press conference in Alice Springs this afternoon, Assistant Commissioner Michael White said evidence suggested Ms Fuller had disappeared because of "third-party intervention".

"I've declared it a serious investigation and as a result we are investigating it, and treating it, as a homicide," he said.

Assistant Commissioner White said the last confirmed sighting of Ms Fuller was at a truck stop north of Alice Springs at 6.40pm.

Police believe she was involved in "a vehicle incident" several hours later but said that sighting had not been confirmed by police.

He said, "There [were] two vehicles involved and there was some sort of dispute, and as a result one of the cars was run off the road".

He said that included a man who posted videos online claiming to be her boyfriend, who he confirmed was "one of" investigators' persons of interest.

Homicide investigation launched as search for missing Alice Springs woman Angie Fuller suspended

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OKseeker
Back