Australia Australia - Belinda Peisley, 19, Katoomba, NSW, 16 Sep 1998

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
New South Wales Police have released photos to Unravel showing three items of clothing found buried under the former home of a young mother who disappeared in suspicious circumstances from Katoomba, west of Sydney, 20 years ago.

NSW Police release photos of lingerie found under missing mum's Blue Mountains home - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)
All 3 items are in pretty good condition having been buried in dirt for 20 years, I'm surprised. Anyone else seen the condition of clothes/fabric dug up in other cases after a few years?

All 3 items are in pretty good condition having been buried in dirt for 20 years, I'm surprised. Anyone else seen the condition of clothes/fabric dug up in other cases after a few years?
I thought that as well, maybe because they were buried under the house- and wondering if they were preserved so well then surely there would be DNA on them

I suppose the condition of the clothing would depend on if it was made of organic vs inorganic material, ie; cotton vs polyester. The inorganic material would have a longer half-life.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
missingjustice89
Back