GUILTY Australia - Chloe Valentine, 4, tortured to death, Ingle Farm, SA, 20 Jan 2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Sean Fewster @SeanFewster · 52s
Lawson: Based on the state of the property, Polkinghorne did not have capacity to provide #ChloeValentine with safe, stable environment.

Sean Fewster @SeanFewster · 34s
Lawson: Salvos made child abuse report because Families SA were not responding to our concerns, not returning our calls. #ChloeValentine

Sean Fewster @SeanFewster · 27s
Lawson: We contacted Families SA, worker was busy and had to leave, never returned call. We made a child abuse report. #ChloeValentine

Great tweeting by Sean Fewster. Evidently very passionate about this case.

Sean Fewster ‏@SeanFewster 2m

Lawson: Families SA attitude surprising, but #ChloeValentine's mother was very good at telling people what they needed to hear.

Lawson: Had Families SA been into the property, I like to think they would have seen #ChloeValentine's mother was lying to them.

Kim Robertson ‏@KimRobertson_9 14m

Salvos made formal complaint to Families SA about its handling of #ChloeValentine case when Chloe was 6 months old @9NewsAdel #9Newscomau

Salvos case manager says house 4y/o #ChloeValentine lived in was "uninhabitable" and "absolutely not" suitable to raise a child #9Newscomau

Sean Fewster ‏@SeanFewster 1m

Salvos still wrote #ChloeValentine's mother a positive reference & letter of congratulations after her eviction. "She had potential." :what:

Lawson: As her support worker, I didn't feel it was appropriate to condemn #ChloeValentine's mum any further than she already was being."

Coroner: Why would you write that? Don't people like #ChloeValentine's mum need a good dose of truth? @theTiser

Coroner: #ChloeValentine's mother deserved condemnation rather than praise. @theTiser

The #ChloeValentine inquest has adjourned until 2.15pm. @theTiser

Oh ... I am so tired of people trying to 'praise' people into being a good parent. Seems the Coroner sees it that way too.

Everybody has potential ... it is recognising their ability or desire to reach that potential that is crucial.

After reading the new laws NSW has regarding children. On one hand I think it is a good idea on the other it makes me wonder if there could be abductions from desperate parents. I dont know what the answer is.
Bottom line for me is children shouldnt be in this situation to start with :cry:

New adoption laws that mean children must be considered for adoption before being placed into temporary foster care, have been passed in NSW.

In the first legislation of its type to be passed in Australia, child protection authorities will now be required to investigate putting vulnerable children, aged under 18, up for adoption before the option of temporary fostering is considered.

The rule would apply only in cases where courts have ordered the child cannot return to his or her family until the age of 18.

"The new laws are designed to give vulnerable children the best possible chance of a safe and stable home for life," said NSW Family and Community Services Minister Pru Goward.

http://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/2014/03/26/adoption-laws-give-children-stability

After reading the new laws NSW has regarding children. On one hand I think it is a good idea on the other it makes me wonder if there could be abductions from desperate parents. I dont know what the answer is.
Bottom line for me is children shouldnt be in this situation to start with :cry:

New adoption laws that mean children must be considered for adoption before being placed into temporary foster care, have been passed in NSW.

In the first legislation of its type to be passed in Australia, child protection authorities will now be required to investigate putting vulnerable children, aged under 18, up for adoption before the option of temporary fostering is considered.

The rule would apply only in cases where courts have ordered the child cannot return to his or her family until the age of 18.

"The new laws are designed to give vulnerable children the best possible chance of a safe and stable home for life," said NSW Family and Community Services Minister Pru Goward.

http://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/2014/03/26/adoption-laws-give-children-stability

That is interesting, Amee. I wonder if that has any bearing on William Tyrell's disappearance? :thinking:

Sean Fewster ‏@SeanFewster 59m

The #ChloeValentine inquest has resumed with Families SA social worker Megan Cheverton, who worked on intakes & assessments.

Cheverton's role included receiving child abuse notifications, investigating them & managing a caseload of families. #ChloeValentine

August 07: Families SA receives tier 2 notification that #ChloeValentine, then 4.5wks old, isn't being fed & mother is "out of formula".

Inquest previously told tier 2 complaints, under Families SA rules, must be investigated. #ChloeValentine

Inquest taken through the reports made to Families SA about #ChloeValentine's condition; multiple notifiers including service agencies.

Sean Fewster ‏@SeanFewster 43m

One report claims #ChloeValentine's mother "had a binge of smoking speed through a light globe for four days", prior to recorded phone call.

Cheverton: Families SA takes all notifications on face value until such time as we gather different information. #ChloeValentine

Cheverton: But we are aware people make malicious notifications. #ChloeValentine

1st time Families SA approached #ChloeValentine's mother it was unannounced & she "presented as hostile".

Cheverton found #ChloeValentine sleeping in pram, not cot. Says that's not ideal but "didn't directly ask" mother why it was happening.

Told of reports of the drug binge, #ChloeValentine's mother said "that's pathetic".

Sean Fewster ‏@SeanFewster 22m

Cheverton: Certainly I would not have thought everything #ChloeValentine's mother said to me was the truth.

Families SA found #ChloeValentine child abuse report "directly opposed" to reality of situation. Cheverton saw a good mother/baby rapport.

Did she raise her concerns about #ChloeValentine's mother lying with Families SA? Cheverton believes so.

Cheverton became #ChloeValentine's caseworker, focused on supporting mother so Chloe was safe in her care.

Told by Child & Youth Health worker that #ChloeValentine's home was in dishevelled state, Cheverton took 3 days to respond.

Cheverton: I believe that was reasonable within my role and what I was able to do at the time. I was working part time. #ChloeValentine

Sean Fewster ‏@SeanFewster 5m

Home visit to check on claim foundered because man inside claimed #ChloeValentine's mother wasn't home. Cheverton left.

Q: Was it in the forefront of your mind at the time that #ChloeValentine's mother could be a very convincing liar? Cheverton: Yes.

Cheverton: Inquest is the 1st time I've been asked about #ChloeValentine. Wasn't asked after she died in January 2012.

Families SA report, Sept 2007: "#ChloeValentine's mother is very good at lying & hiding things, tells workers what they want to hear."

We're taking a break to set up equipment so Cheverton can be played the phone call of #ChloeValentine's mother discussing drugs.

Cheverton: Families SA did not make a copy of recording of #ChloeValentine's mother talking drugs, but did start thrice-weekly visits.

Cheverton: That was short term solution. #ChloeValentine's case was to be referred to high risk infant program within Families SA.

Cheverton: We took it at face value that she was willing to engage in services and stop using. #ChloeValentine

Q: Why was #ChloeValentine's mother not referred to drug and alcohol counselling? Cheverton: I don't know.

Q: What do you remember about #ChloeValentine? Cheverton: I remember she was the prettiest little baby I had seen.

Cheverton handed #ChloeValentine's case over to intensive Families SA team. Only saw her one more time, informally, at the shops.

Cheverton: #ChloeValentine seemed fine. Nothing stood out for me that I can remember observing at the time.

Cheverton: To remove a child, we must have evidence they are at serious risk or in imminent danger. #ChloeValentine

Sean Fewster ‏@SeanFewster 3m

Cheverton: Difficult to draw a line between less than ideal parenting and abusive parenting. #ChloeValentine

Q: Why not pull the pin and remove #ChloeValentine? Cheverton: We would have needed evidence mother was drugged while caring for her.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back