Australia Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996 - 1997, Perth, Western Australia - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
WARNING WARNING WARNING Very long post by 1st time user. Lots of theories based on the CCTV footage and prior knowledge of girl/boy hook-ups and body language. Read at your own risk hehehe

I think that BRE is on the CCTV footage but not MM.

I have always thought that the only guy she shows any interest in is when the CCTV footage begins as Jane and Co are exiting the club at 11.41pm. This is from the CSI documentary 'Hunt for a killer' uploaded by Hayley Jane 85 on youtube.
There is a tall guy who seems to have just exited with a friend and is walking down Bayview. His friend (or so it appears to be) is to his left. They both are looking at the door as the girls exit. The big guy is looking directly at Jane but she is looking away and throwing her head and hair back to the left flirtatiously ( I believe she knew he was looking at her...and that they had recently just spoken to each other inside the club).
At this point the friend looks away and continues walking, but the tall guy (BRE I believe) turns around again and stares at Jane again. Just as he turns away from her, Jane stops and looks at him, and then she continues watching him intently oblivious to her friends. Her friends are in their own drunken worlds with 2 friends talking to the bouncer and her other friend in the vest is walking towards the guy waiting at the pole. Jane has stopped and is clearly interested in this guy.
Now his friend walks quickly and exits the footage earlier than the tall guy as he seems to be crossing the road in between a car or something? However the other guy keeps walking, quite slowly as Jane continues looking at him, and then he moves to the left and disappears from the screen. I believe he is crossing the road to follow his friend. Jane only starts moving towards her friend at the pole when she sees him leave in that direction.
Unfortunately there is a chunk of footage missing when she walks over to the pole but I believe her gaze would have been directed towards him across the road and up the street.
The next bit of footage we see is when she has her back turned to that direction, as I believe he would have been out of site.
I think that the tall guy and Jane had just talked ( without the friends remembering or knowing?) and he had said I will pick you up here, or meet you here, in 15 to 20mins cause I just have to drop my friend back home. She disappeared around 25mins after he left.
Jane's friend said that Jane didn't want to go to the club but went anyway because they were going. I think that if Jane thought she had 20minutes to spare she would just go along with them and figure out a way to ditch them at the club.It so happened that there was a line and they didn't go in so now she couldn't duck away inconspicuously or lie and say she was going home in a cab on her own.
Why would she need to lie and not tell them?
A. He said he was going through a divorce but was still married?
B. He told her not too?
C. She was too embarrassed to tell her friends she was having a hook up?
D. A mixture of the above?

To me this guy would have been my target person from the start. If they had interviewed him and his mate I believe they would have just said his alibi was dropping his mate home, which I believe he did, but then returned to the Claremont. I would have definitely got his DNA!!!! Maybe they did? and I am wrong but when I saw BRE I thought YES it is the guy I thought it was!!!
He is just older and bulkier. Then I saw these recent pics of him in 2009 on the Crocs site and I thought definitely.
The guy looks really appealing in the CCTV footage, his walk, his posture, his frame, his height and his composure...just quietly exiting with black jacket on arm. He is acting like he is sober and Jane seems pretty sober so I can't see her going with a young drunk guy and that is all MM appeared to be to me ( despite the minimal footage). However I have found some parts in the CCTV footage that I think may be him also entering the club just after talking to Jane but you can only see his body...so they must have footage inside of him. I don't think it was MM, and never have. I would laugh like Jane did if some guy was drunk and said something funny whether I knew him or not. MM would have had to walk a long way towards Jane and if she had been waiting for him you would think she would have moved or acknowledged him before he comes into view.
I do think that MM does look like the 17year old pic of BRE at Gosnells High but 10 years on I think he would have looked more like the 2009 BRE shots but fitter .
Are you all still awake hahaha.
WAPOL better hope he isn't on the CCTV footage!!! That wouldn't be goooood!!

Phew! Made it to the end and yes I'm still awake, just! Welcome by the way SKYZA. You've certainly studied that video in depth, 10/10 for that dedication. Only trouble with your theory is that WAPOL have eliminated everyone, every single person from that video other than MM. It's been discussed and discussed on previous threads. But hey, your guess is as good as mine and you've certainly gone into great detail no doubt watching it over and over and stopping and starting it at various points? Good for you. Let's pray there is a lot more on those chunks that are missing from view and that WAPOL has some juicy evidence to present in court that will be irrefutable. :) Off to beddie byes now, tired I am, sleep I need, suddenly I'm Yoda??

I dont necessarily agree with you on this. There are family members of mine who chose not to go to Uni because of family pressure to go to uni or to follow in a relatives footsteps. My husband for example was in the gifted program at school but rebelled against pressure by his parents to go to Uni.

What would have been the training required for a Telstra job back in those days? Was it a traineeship?
Telecom had a college in Ley St, Como and another in North Perth to train technicians. My former school mate went to both over a 2 years period

Sent from my HTC 2PQ910 using Tapatalk

Thanks b4u! I was already aware of the AFL Brad Edwards, though admittedly only since the arrest of his namesake. Needless to say, I didn't take note that he was originally from Perth also.

Still begs the question, when did the accused begin playing district footy? Was he fulfilling any social engagements footy-related or otherwise in the Claremont area in the 90's?

Only trouble with your theory is that WAPOL have eliminated everyone, every single person from that video other than MM. It's been discussed and discussed on previous threads.

Have WAPOL stated since the arrest of BRE, that they have eliminated every single person from that video or known to be in or outside the Conti that night, other than MM?

Maybe BRE provided an Alibi, that was considered at the time of the elimination claim, as a valid Alibi, but one that is now being questioned as to it's validity, or is now known to have been a false Alibi?

when did the accused begin playing district footy?

Maybe the accused graduated from watching the WCE/AFL, straight to playing Masters Footy, skipping the playing amateur/district footy pre-masters?

Surely it won't take long before someone that played with or against the accused him on earlier teams, reveals which team(s) he played for in which years.

Have WAPOL stated since the arrest of BRE, that they have eliminated every single person from that video or known to be in or outside the Conti that night, other than MM?

Maybe BRE provided an Alibi, that was considered at the time of the elimination claim, as a valid Alibi, but one that is now being questioned as to it's validity, or is now known to have been a false Alibi?

I wonder if the people identified in the CTV were eliminated by DNA testing ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I remember beingin year 11/12 went the girls went missing. One thing I remember about those years was that in 1995/96/97 young people first started to experiment with the internet and particularly chatrooms such as yahoo etc were the in thing. Oh and ICQ. It was all very new and exciting and often I found myself talking to strangers sharing information I probably shouldnt have been to strangers. There wasnt much awareness of the dangers of the internet at that time also. I wonder if there may have been a chance the girls may have connected online with the accused at some stage.

For those that drive out to Welshpool along the Farmer Freeway....
post from the accused on West Coast Eagles page.
Does any one wonder why he said this in particular? Could you not be going to another suburb? Or see it from a different direction? Why say Welshpool?

If he was old enough to be drinking at a pub I would presume he is playing for WAFL (rorl) or a country club. Unless there are other levels I don't know about? League, reserves and colts.

He isn't on the WAFL website in any of those levels and they have records going way back. Unless he was the water runner.

(edit) or he played school level..
WAFL is state level - League, Ressies and Colts.
Next step down is Seniors / Amateurs - League, Ressies, Colts (18/19 year olds), Supers (over 35's) and Masters (over 40's).
Next step after that is Juniors.

In The Perth Football Club Annual Reports of both 2012 and 2013, there is a section "Colts Fairest and Best". The 1986 entry lists a 'Brad Edwards'. No photograph is attached.View attachment 107370

Can anyone verify whether this is the same BE or another person with the same name?
Colts are 18/19 year olds. Definitely not him if it's the 2012/13 records.

So - is his link to Claremont that he played for a club there? Perhaps the dates coincide with something footy related? Games? Winning matches? Losing matches? Pub nights out on the town?

I had a quick look and it seems there is indeed a Claremont Club and it may have had links to the Claremont Showgrounds which are right down the road from the Bayview Hotel. I remember my boyfriend drinking at the clubhouse with his mates after games and so it's conceivable to think players would have done the same if playing for that club. Of course I have no idea if he played there but that's my 2 cents for the night.
IMO there's no way he's a Claremont supporter. Given the suburbs he grew up in and the earlier photo has him in black and white shirt with a swan, he would definitely be a Swan District supporter. Which is interesting because Black Ducks (Swan supporters) traditionally despise Claremont Tigers. Claremont = Western suburbs generally well off. Swan Districts = Eastern suburbs battlers / bogans.

In The Perth Football Club Annual Reports of both 2012 and 2013, there is a section "Colts Fairest and Best". The 1986 entry lists a 'Brad Edwards'. No photograph is attached.View attachment 107370

Can anyone verify whether this is the same BE or another person with the same name?

I think that's a different BE who went on to play AFL and ended up in Queensland.

WAFL is state level - League, Ressies and Colts.
Next step down is Seniors / Amateurs - League, Ressies, Colts (18/19 year olds), Supers (over 35's) and Masters (over 40's).
Next step after that is Juniors.

Colts are 18/19 year olds. Definitely not him if it's the 2012/13 records.

IMO there's no way he's a Claremont supporter. Given the suburbs he grew up in and the earlier photo has him in black and white shirt with a swan, he would definitely be a Swan District supporter. Which is interesting because Black Ducks (Swan supporters) traditionally despise Claremont Tigers. Claremont = Western suburbs generally well off. Swan Districts = Eastern suburbs battlers / bogans.

If it was BE who won the Colts F&B in 1986 he would have been 18 at the time (born 1968) - the 2012/13 records show a summary of the winners of the Colts F&B for each year going back to 1957

I agree - Black Ducks all the way, can't stand the Tigers :)

I thought Police said that they had identified all those in the footage. Can't remember anything said about eliminated...

You're right, I assumed an above poster knew for certain they'd been eliminated .. but I was just watching the hunt for a killer doco on YouTube and all I've caught so far is "they've all been identified" (besides MM)

Which isn't eliminated.

I know they were asking taxi drivers to provide DNA .. I can't see them not asking those they identified in the CTV for the same. (IMO) If they had refused to give their DNA surely that would have been a red flag and caused further investigation?

Edited for spelling / autocorrect

If it was BE who won the Colts F&B in 1986 he would have been 18 at the time (born 1968) - the 2012/13 records show a summary of the winners of the Colts F&B for each year going back to 1957

I agree - Black Ducks all the way, can't stand the Tigers :)

Apologies, misread the original as being the 2012/13 record not 86.

post from the accused on West Coast Eagles page.
Does any one wonder why he said this in particular? Could you not be going to another suburb? Or see it from a different direction? Why say Welshpool?
End of Orrong/Canning road?

It just seems an odd thing to say IMO. To be so specific. It has been mentioned before that this post could contain a coded message for some one. Especially IF he knew his time was up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214