Australia Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996 - 1997, Perth, Western Australia - #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
each time a sleuth refers to the disposal/discovery locations as "the dump site", i'm struck by how disrespectfully blasé it sounds, and it triggers a feeling of nausea and distress in me. Is anyone else having this same problem, or is it unique to me?
Even though I know that to call it by any other name could not possibly make these heinous crimes any less vile, it would please me if the locations could be referred to by a name that was more representative of our respect to the victims (their families & friends)
...just sharing my very personal thoughts.

[emoji887]

Would be interesting to know when BE offloaded/ sold the white station wagon - does anyone know? Also could it be an ex Telstra vehicle?

If the car had several owners since him, and the last owner had it for 10 years (see below), he may not have had it for that long after the murders...... :

'The car is believed to have changed hands several times over two decades and Department of Transport records were used to help track it down.

The current owner, who did not want to be identified, bought the car about 10 years ago'

http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/wes...r/news-story/6c72e0b800816c7c17018525bcd68229

*Agree that the fact his FB friends dumped him immediately speaks volumes
*Doubt his SD thinks he's innocent. She's not stupid. Probably deleted him from FB as would likely have been receiving messages from reporters and nutbags
*Still can't believe he didn't run to Sth America or similar. Maybe he tried, who knows? Tells me perhaps he didn't know they were onto him? I know it's been reported that he only came onto their radar in the last few weeks before his arrest, but I think sometimes you have to take these reports with a grain of salt. Cops will strategically tell little lies from time to time
*Agree 'dump site' sounds terrible. There are other things too that I think posters should be mindful of, in case family are reading. Passing mutilation off as fact when it's not exactly widely accepted seems wrong to me. Even attempts at humour are a bit off. Most anyway. Just my opinion.

each time a sleuth refers to the disposal/discovery locations as "the dump site", i'm struck by how disrespectfully blasé it sounds, and it triggers a feeling of nausea and distress in me. Is anyone else having this same problem, or is it unique to me?
Even though I know that to call it by any other name could not possibly make these heinous crimes any less vile, it would please me if the locations could be referred to by a name that was more representative of our respect to the victims (their families & friends)
...just sharing my very personal thoughts.

[emoji887]

Do you have any suggestions? Unfortunately the reality of the situation is that he literally did dump them there. I think the term is an accurate description of what he did rather than a reflection on the way anybody here feels about the victims. It's not that I don't get your point, I do, but in finding more respectful (or nicer) terminology I don't wish to downplay what in reality is such a despicable act.

Do you have any suggestions? Unfortunately the reality of the situation is that he literally did dump them there. I think the term is an accurate description of what he did rather than a reflection on the way anybody here feels about the victims. It's not that I don't get your point, I do, but in finding more respectful (or nicer) terminology I don't wish to downplay what in reality is such a despicable act.

yeah, i know - i virtually said as much myself - that no matter what we call it, it doesn't make matters any less vile.
It's just the way the term gets thrown around so casually, (to me) it comes across as gun hoe ... sorry if i seem pedantic, triggers are peculiar things, it does make me feel ill even as an onlooker. If i were related to a victim i'd definitely be reading this forum, can't imagine how it'd make those folk feel. i'v been reading away thinking one of these days i might say something about it ...and i just did.

maybe refer to it as the D site, that way it would cover Discovery, Disposal (or Dump, without actually saying it)

out of interest, what term do the police use when making reference to it?

[emoji887]

...maybe refer to it as the D site, that way it would cover Discovery, Disposal (or Dump, without actually saying it)...

I've used the term 'site' - which I extend to 'site JR' and 'site CG'.

Is that any better ?

yeah, i know - i virtually said as much myself - that no matter what we call it, it doesn't make matters any less vile.
It's just the way the term gets thrown around so casually, (to me) it comes across as gun hoe ... sorry if i seem pedantic, triggers are peculiar things, it does make me feel ill even as an onlooker. If i were related to a victim i'd definitely be reading this forum, can't imagine how it'd make those folk feel. i'v been reading away thinking one of these days i might say something about it ...and i just did.

maybe refer to it as the D site, that way it would cover Discovery, Disposal (or Dump, without actually saying it)

out of interest, what term do the police use when making reference to it?

[emoji887]

Honestly, if I were a family member I'd be staying as far away from these sites as possible. Not because there's nobody with something sensible to say, there's plenty, but there's also plenty of people spouting stuff off here as 'fact' when it's no more than a figment of an overactive imagination. The family are in close contact with the police and in all reality know more facts than any of us here. I really don't think they'd have the need or desire to expose themselves to the potentially hurtful things they'd read here.

Honestly, if I were a family member I'd be staying as far away from these sites as possible. Not because there's nobody with something sensible to say, there's plenty, but there's also plenty of people spouting stuff off here as 'fact' when it's no more than a figment of an overactive imagination. The family are in close contact with the police and in all reality know more facts than any of us here. I really don't think they'd have the need or desire to expose themselves to the potentially hurtful things they'd read here.

In theory I agree with you CP345 - but I've been on many WS threads where we've found out that family members are indeed reading. They've sometimes posted, incredibly angry and distressed, at what's been speculated and how it's been said.

Family friends also frequently read the threads, in my experience, too.

First time poster here.It would have been better for the families to have closure earlier but at least there has been big progress recently with BE charging.

I did read somewhere here on an earlier thread he had a brother in Broome not sure if correct.I did find it via FB.

Yes Brevette and others, I agree calling the sites where the bodies were found as 'dump sites' could be perceived as disrespectful.

I have called them dump sites, but I used this terminology because that's the term other sleuthers used here, and I wanted other sleuthers to understand to what I was referring to.
Plus for me the term 'disposal site' sounds like an actual rubbish collection and/or processing centre or place where rubbish is sent and buried.
'Discovery site' sounds too positive (eg like someone found a gold nugget or discovered an underground oil source) and also feels more like some place the cops would find a clue or evidence, rather than an actual body.

IMO Neither 'disposal' or 'discovery' fully represent the horror of the situation, and CSK's absolute disregard for human life- whereas the term 'dump site' reminds me what and who we are dealing with here. (ie. the alleged BRE)

If by softening our choice of words may help some posters/readers of this forum cope with discussing this case, I'm happy to use either WAPOL terminology or D-site (great suggestions btw).

I visited CG's site and it made me nauseous plus other things. I haven't visited JR's site because I can't ascertain the exact spot.

6'2 is closer to 1.9m but yeah I'd say he'd be pretty close to that.
I remember a journalist stating that when he appeared in court that first day he looked smaller than she expected. I don't think he's as tall or big as people are thinking. I think he's just been photog'd a lot with smaller people?

6'2 is closer to 1.9m but yeah I'd say he'd be pretty close to that.

MOO :moo:

There is absolutely no benefit to the perpetrator in our justice system for them to reveal the location of a body. We dont offer the death penalty and considering the magnitude of the crime Bradley Edwards is going away for life with no ability to ever apply for parole. I am sure each and every attorney general wont want to have their name slaughtered through the media having had the CSK released on their watch. MOO :moo:

So that leaves nothing on the table for a confession or for Bradley to reveal any of the body locations. I doubt the "no body, no parole" legislation thats been debated from time to time would work in this case either considering the nature of the crimes. Its not like they can ever give Bradley Edwards parole. MOO :moo:

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

He's probably not talking because as it stands he's maintaining his innocence. Which he'll probably continue to do throughout his trial and beyond, irregardless of what he is found, by the legal process, to be.

I don't think he would admit guilt because of a) his narc/psychopath nature and b) his stepdaughter.

I am sure there are many Long-time Sleuths who have read this article before (link below at end of post) - however I just wanted to highlight the following few for discussion:

- 1996 Mar 3 A 21-year-old woman is bashed and indecently assaulted in Church Lane behind Club Bay View.
- 1994 Jan 1 woman driving home from Club Bay View fights off man who dragged her from her car and tried to rape her near the Claremont subway 1994

Once again Club Bay view features and there is a possibility that BE committed these crimes.

- Pamela Lawrence is murdered at her shop in Mosman Park. Andrew Mark Mallard is wrongfully convicted of her murder in 1995. He is ultimately cleared some 12 years later

Pamela Lawrence's shop was walking distance to BE wife's family restaurant. (note I have since read that there was a suspect https://thewest.com.au/news/austral...aks-silence-on-mallard-injustice-ng-ya-197224) - however interesting the proximity.

http://missingandmurderedaustralia.blogspot.com.au/2011/06/claremont-timeline.html

I remember a journalist stating that when he appeared in court that first day he looked smaller than she expected. I don't think he's as tall or big as people are thinking. I think he's just been photog'd a lot with smaller people?

He was taller than my eldest son at school but not 6ft at that time. Also unless he has become an Australian Citizen, if he is found guilty, he would be deported after his sentence is up. So he would never roam the highways and byways of Australia again

He was taller than my eldest son at school but not 6ft at that time. Also unless he has become an Australian Citizen, if he is found guilty, he would be deported after his sentence is up. So he would never roam the highways and byways of Australia again

Or was it just his parents that were migrants?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member