Australia Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996 - 1997, Perth, Western Australia - #12

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you give us at least an example of where a third party has successfully sued a killer's employer for the murder of a family member in Australia? If there is 'most certainly a history' of this it should be fairly easy.

Not sure why but that funny old bloke from the tv show kingswood country keeps coming to mind. What was his name again? Oh that's right, Ted Bullpit.

She's not saying that. And she's correct - there are examples. Just not of 'murder'. And there lies the explanation: none's job involves killing people as within the scope of employment.

... unless you are talking about the military, and there are actually successful cases of vicarious liability for killing in that situation ...

She's not saying that. And she's correct - there are examples. Just not of 'murder'. And there lies the explanation: none's job involves killing people as within the scope of employment.

... unless you are talking about the military, and there are actually successful cases of vicarious liability for killing in that situation ...

But we are talking about murder aren't we? And Telstra can be a bit over officious to deal with but I wouldn't class them as military.

Can you give us at least an example of where a third party has successfully sued a killer's employer for the murder of a family member in Australia? If there is 'most certainly a history' of this it should be fairly easy.

Not sure why but that funny old bloke from the tv show kingswood country keeps coming to mind. What was his name again? Oh that's right, Ted Bullpit.
This is a very unusual case, quite sure we haven't seen one like it but do a google. "Telstra in hot water over crime victim"s listing" for an example of what may happen when Telstra fails duty of care.

I don't think this is particularly worth following on with such little detail thus far but imho worth bearing in mind.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

What is the statistical likelihood, I would like to know, of not one, not two, but three serial killers operating within the same 2km radius. Someone noted earlier that Catherine and David Birnie operated in exactly the same area in the '80s, but there was also a particularly nasty character called Eric Cooke in the 50-60's. All prowled the Stirling Highway. Perth is not exactly a major metropolis: It has about 1.5M these days, but there has been a rapid increase over last 10 years with the mining boom. Back in the 80's and 90's it was a bit of a backwater.

An another note, an ex-Plod acquaintance once speculated that a 'good' spot for disposing of a body would be in Mundaring Weir: The crabs would consume everything consumable in 24 hours, so he suggested.
Actually, my theory of where Sarah Spiers is .. 17 to 18km from Telstra Exchange Mundaring.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

The only person who is to blame is the CSK themselves. It's simply fantasy to shift the burden of responsibility to a telco. Just like the other fantasy that BRE was blackmailed by WAPOL, that he was on steroids, a crossdresser, and biscuit thief.

There are new laws currently being enacted whereby people are pushing for perps super to be given to the victims of perps crimes. But there is no mention in the media or elsewhere of victims families looking to sue BRE's employer.

Marron? Access at the time might hsve been easier but public not allowed around the Dr inking catchment.
Carting a body in there would be a risk in facing charges.

Of course! Who'd want to settle for a plain old murder charge when you could get done for contaminating the drinking supply instead?

So Telecom was rebranding in 95 quipping up for privatisation and the inevitable retrenchment of the workforce for private.
Johnny Howard would have been more popular than a Ford dealer down the PMG cribb shed.
Bit of anxiety, much. Bit jacked off with Libs?

The AOTC's official name was changed to Telstra in April 1993. It adopted the Telstra identity as its trading name overseas, but preserved the Telecom Australia name domestically (with a redesigned logo) until 1 July 1995, where it adopted the Telstra branding domestically as well.

Yes, well I guess BE could have been concerned about potential changes to the company and the possibility of redundancy. Is that what you're talking about here?

Seriously guys what's with all the petty bickering? We are supposed to be sleuthing not arguing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Of course! Who'd want to settle for a plain old murder charge when you could get done for contaminating the drinking supply instead?

There are Reservoir Protection Zones around each of Perth's water catchment bodies, that have been established since 2008 https://www.water.wa.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0018/4815/79831.pdf . Much to the disdain of the bush walker community http://www.bushwalkingwa.org.au/.../Reservoir Protection Zone Submission.pdf . Therefore there are numerous access roads in the catchment areas that were more accessible in the 90's that could have been used as dumping grounds, no longer legally accessible by unauthorised persons.

What is the statistical likelihood, I would like to know, of not one, not two, but three serial killers operating within the same 2km radius. Someone noted earlier that Catherine and David Birnie operated in exactly the same area in the '80s, but there was also a particularly nasty character called Eric Cooke in the 50-60's. All prowled the Stirling Highway. Perth is not exactly a major metropolis: It has about 1.5M these days, but there has been a rapid increase over last 10 years with the mining boom. Back in the 80's and 90's it was a bit of a backwater.
No idea of the actual statistical likelihood but my guessed answer is "extremely low, AND very spooky", i mean WA is HUGE, and i have heard of coincidence, but what are the odds?
... a case of "Bizarre, unexplainable phenomena sees locale become type of Bermurda Triangle" ... perhaps a consequence of prowling the Stirling Highway having led to inhalation of its bitumen's poly aromatic hydrocarbons? Who knows? but from the history you've mentioned, i don't think it unreasonable to consider that there could already be at least one other SK operating in the same vicinity by now.
[emoji887]

There are Reservoir Protection Zones around each of Perth's water catchment bodies, that have been established since 2008 https://www.water.wa.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0018/4815/79831.pdf . Much to the disdain of the bush walker community http://www.bushwalkingwa.org.au/.../Reservoir Protection Zone Submission.pdf . Therefore there are numerous access roads in the catchment areas that were more accessible in the 90's that could have been used as dumping grounds, no longer legally accessible by unauthorised persons.

Thanks for that. My comment was less about the specifics and more about the irony of the comment.

"Carting a body in there would be a risk in facing charges."

If you were carting a body in there you had bigger issues than potential charges relating to the water supply. Maybe it was just worded strangely.

Thanks for that. My comment was less about the specifics and more about the irony of the comment.

"Carting a body in there would be a risk in facing charges."

If you were carting a body in there you had bigger issues than potential charges relating to the water supply. Maybe it was just worded strangely.

I did have a chuckle over your comment, so rest assured the irony wasn't missed! But since we were on the topic of the dams it was a good time to note the protection zones around them.

I did have a chuckle over your comment, so rest assured the irony wasn't missed! But since we were on the topic of the dams it was a good time to note the protection zones around them.
Victoria Dam is supposed to be restricted access bAck in 96, but there were numerous walk trails and fire access tracks, some negotiable by 2WD in dry weather. An back then you could drive around the old bridge at Buckley Brook dam and access those fire trails

Sent from my HTC 2PQ910 using Tapatalk

Yes, well I guess BE could have been concerned about potential changes to the company and the possibility of redundancy. Is that what you're talking about here?

On the other hand, one could speculate that BRE was possibly on a high from potential changes at his employer. Changes that might have resulted in some of his competition being let go, and his skills being more highly valued as one of the survivors.

I could. ...... but [FONT=&quot] ¯\_(ツ)_/¯[/FONT]

This article shows the inside of the Huntingdale house if anyone's interested.

'News.com.au can exclusively reveal that the police officers also dug up concrete slabs and pulled up carpet and it is understood they searched ceiling cavities.'

http://www.news.com.au/national/wes...e/news-story/851335ddc39172efce0bd09a4c6fe31e
Kind of a non story really isn't it, when it has already been reported previously. Slightly REIWA rental blurb. Modestly appointed x serial killers house with terracotta roof, basic 80s kitchen, carpets in main rooms, dated but clean bathroom, close to schools, a must see. ...

Kind of a non story really isn't it, when it has already been reported previously. Slightly REIWA rental blurb. Modestly appointed x serial killers house with terracotta roof, basic 80s kitchen, carpets in main rooms, dated but clean bathroom, close to schools, a must see. ...

Ive never seen an article with those pictures in it before...

Ive never seen an article with those pictures in it before...
No I meant the content of the story which is important. For example they searched the house from top to bottom. The photos are really just pointless fluff. Good for a gawk but that's about it.

Agreed re content. Alot of rehashing and padding.

But I'm wondering what they took away in the bags....(BBM)

'The police, from the task force investigating one of Australia’s longest running cases, the Claremont killings, removed furniture and bags.'

http://www.news.com.au/national/wes...e/news-story/851335ddc39172efce0bd09a4c6fe31e

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Exam_Dumps