Australia Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996 - 1997, Perth, Western Australia - #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed re content. Alot of rehashing and padding.

But I'm wondering what they took away in the bags....(BBM)

'The police, from the task force investigating one of Australia’s longest running cases, the Claremont killings, removed furniture and bags.'

http://www.news.com.au/national/wes...e/news-story/851335ddc39172efce0bd09a4c6fe31e
I wasn't criticising you for posting it, I hope you didn't think that. I just found the story a little amusing with the flowery language and the photos. I did find the bag comment notable but it could be the journalist making it not entirely clear who owned the bags, the couple or the police after their investigation. "Furniture and Bags" a little vague really.

I wasn't criticising you for posting it, I hope you didn't think that. I just found the story a little amusing with the flowery language and the photos. I did find the bag comment notable but it could be the journalist not entirely clear who owned the bags, the couple or the police after their investigation. "Furniture and Bags" a little vague really.

All's well. I didn't take it as a criticism :seeya:

I thought exactly the same thing when I read it.

It will be interesting to see whether police are required to hand over files on SS to BRE defence. BRE has not been charged in relation to SS but police have always maintained the cases are linked. I would imagine police will be unwilling to hand over files on SS as nobody has been charged in relation to her disappearance, but the defence would likely be very interested in the SS files.

Likely a few trips to the judge to decide what has to be handed over.

Would a serial killer leave his "keepsakes" behind when he sold a house? I would imagine he would like to keep them fairly close to hand. Once a house has been sold he would have no control over access...

Would a serial killer leave his "keepsakes" behind when he sold a house? I would imagine he would like to keep them fairly close to hand. Once a house has been sold he would have no control over access...

Probably not but something hidden lets say in the ceiling, which mightn't look strange to the new occupier (if they even looked up there) but could be connected to a crime. Could be rope, elect wire/cord, dirty rags/pillowcases, old computer parts etc.

I agree. Surely a SK would keep his/her trophies close by, or stashed in a very secret spot unknown to anyone else.

Or they could keep their trophies in plain view of the world, especially if the SK 'gifted' the trophies to someone else!!!!

I agree. Surely a SK would keep his/her trophies close by, or stashed in a very secret spot unknown to anyone else.

Or they could keep their trophies in plain view of the world, especially if the SK 'gifted' the trophies to someone else!!!!

Yes, keeping trophies at a previous address would work well if you had the perfect little nook- maybe a loose brick on a letter box, a loose paver down the side of the shed, a little wall cavity under the meter box etc. I know that up in the hills, some kids would grow a certain illegal plant at the back of other peoples properties and the property owners were none the wiser (lots of bush). And more importantly, neither were the kids parents. So I can see how by the same logic, keeping trophies in a certain unnoticed little secret nook of someone elses house would be perfect

I imagine that 'trophies' or 'keep-sakes' are not what is expected to be found, but rather items used in the abduction and subsequent events too hot to dispose of, or evidence of extreme violence or bloodloss - what they might be, that could not be disposed of in general rubbish, I don't know - but as others have said, the likely-hood of something of importance to the perpetrator being left at a house that is sold seems extremely unlikely.

JMO, of course.

ABC News Perth showed this when the Madora Bay premises were being searched - it sent a chill right thru me:

2016-12-24 ABC News Perth:

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• 2016-12-24 ABC News Perth Black-light.jpg
    2016-12-24 ABC News Perth Black-light.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 324
  • 2016-12-24 ABC News Perth Black-light 2.jpg
    2016-12-24 ABC News Perth Black-light 2.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 321
I imagine that 'trophies' or 'keep-sakes' are not what is expected to be found, but rather items used in the abduction and subsequent events too hot to dispose of, or evidence of extreme violence or bloodloss - what they might be, that could not be disposed of in general rubbish, I don't know - but as others have said, the likely-hood of something of importance to the perpetrator being left at a house that is sold seems extremely unlikely.

JMO, of course.

ABC News Perth showed this when the Madora Bay premises were being searched - it sent a chill right thru me:

2016-12-24 ABC News Perth:

attachment.php

attachment.php

Good pick up. I hadn't seen that until now. Pretty clear what they're looking for there.

Oh dear that's horrible :( How far is the Madora Bay house from any of the dump sites? (Sorry I live in Melbourne).

Thanks for that. My comment was less about the specifics and more about the irony of the comment.

"Carting a body in there would be a risk in facing charges."

If you were carting a body in there you had bigger issues than potential charges relating to the water supply. Maybe it was just worded strangely.

Well I laughed
I have a friend who is a retired Water Board Ranger and he being a bit pedantic about his job, was always telling me tales of what went on around the dams I have no doubt a body could have been slipped through. The perimeter fencing (where there actually is any ) is hardly the Mexican wall'

It's not that far from Wellard - about 25 mins :facepalm:

Just looking at those locations on a map... If bre took JR to Madora Bay, he then would have had to put her in his car and head *back towards Perth* for 20-25 mins (in order to dump her at Wellard) Hmmmm. I'm no SK, but if I was, I don't think I'd be heading back towards town with a DB in my car.

Perhaps I'm reading it all wrong though, and the hypothesis is that he may have gone to the Madora Bay house to clean himself up.

Oh dear that's horrible :( How far is the Madora Bay house from any of the dump sites? (Sorry I live in Melbourne).

Google maps says 30 mins via Mandurah Road (30.9KM driving distance) to JR site - which is the closest.

1hr 25min via freeway to Pipidinny Rd (116.4KM driving Distance) to CG site - But freeway was not that far south at the time IIRC.

attachment.php

Attachments

• CSK Locations.jpg
    CSK Locations.jpg
    163.4 KB · Views: 427
Just looking at those locations on a map... If bre took JR to Madora Bay, he then would have had to put her in his car and head *back towards Perth* for 20-25 mins (in order to dump her at Wellard) Hmmmm. I'm no SK, but if I was, I don't think I'd be heading back towards town with a DB in my car.

Perhaps I'm reading it all wrong though, and the hypothesis is that he may have gone to the Madora Bay house to clean himself up.

It seems like a huge risk to take a girl, presumably alive, all the way from Claremont to Madora Bay. Not saying it's impossible and probably most likely with SS when things weren't quite so 'hot' around Claremont. There'd be the very high risk part after the girl was restrained close to the abduction point and then running the gauntlet up Stirling Highway to the freeway. Lots of lights although at that time mostly green. Then the competitively safe freeway run down to Farrington Road. Then in an indication of how backward Perth roads were at the time the rest of the Freeway down to the end at Thomas Road had traffic lights at every intersection. Again, at that time likely green but still risky. From the end of the freeway you could go the back way through the area where JR was found down old mandurah road to Madora. All up considering you wouldn't be speeding in case you got pulled over you're looking at slightly over an hour. With a restrained girl in the back??? I'm going for a closer place for where the evil deeds were done.

Well, that was a bloody long winded way of saying what could have been said in 2 words. 'I agree'

No idea of the actual statistical likelihood but my guessed answer is "extremely low, AND very spooky", i mean WA is HUGE, and i have heard of coincidence, but what are the odds?
... a case of "Bizarre, unexplainable phenomena sees locale become type of Bermurda Triangle" ... perhaps a consequence of prowling the Stirling Highway having led to inhalation of its bitumen's poly aromatic hydrocarbons? Who knows? but from the history you've mentioned, i don't think it unreasonable to consider that there could already be at least one other SK operating in the same vicinity by now.
[emoji887]

Copycat is the most likely explanation. Occam's razor, etc

There are Reservoir Protection Zones around each of Perth's water catchment bodies, that have been established since 2008 https://www.water.wa.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0018/4815/79831.pdf . Much to the disdain of the bush walker community http://www.bushwalkingwa.org.au/.../Reservoir Protection Zone Submission.pdf . Therefore there are numerous access roads in the catchment areas that were more accessible in the 90's that could have been used as dumping grounds, no longer legally accessible by unauthorised persons.

It would also mean very little prospect of interruption, assuming one has an understanding of if and how it was patrolled

Kind of a non story really isn't it, when it has already been reported previously. Slightly REIWA rental blurb. Modestly appointed x serial killers house with terracotta roof, basic 80s kitchen, carpets in main rooms, dated but clean bathroom, close to schools, a must see. ...

They are very interested in the ceilings ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper