Australia Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996 - 1997, Perth, Western Australia - #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot of information is being withheld from the Public about this case for reasons which will become apparent in coming months, or as Acting Police Commissioner Brown hinted . "in the cold hard light of day".
Understatement of the year.
I will just say this. Working for a Major Australian Company was a SLACK job up until the mid nineties when prIvatisation occurred . Generous leave and long service provisions, 36 hour week, public holidays ,flexidays, sick days...late starts ,early finishes ...I mean these guys were hardly ever at work. In thirty years of full employment an employee would have been eligible for around four and a half years of paid annual and long service leave alone.
What a great majority of them did was take advantage of this free time to supplement their income by working Part time jobs, often in the hospitality industry and ,also in the much higher paying Mining Industry.
At the time of BREs arrest it was announced he worked for Telstra and "several Mining Companies". My independent sources indicate he worked both in the Goldfields, and the North West Pilbara.

Honestly, what kind of window licking dribbler posts fabricated stories on a thread like this? If you're reading this mate, seek help.

I think his posts were all deleted, so you had to be quick to see them. But can vouch that's what was written.

You're right they didn't stay up long. I can understand why the mods deleted them as the poster admitted they were lying. Only problem is that the majority who didn't see the admission before it was removed go on believing the original lie.

There was someone who posted that they were with BRE in Kalgoorlie, working at that time.

The same poster also private messaged someone that the police had contacted him re Kalgoorlie claims, visited his home, and then quizzed him about working with BRE in Gawler SA 1998 and Alice 1999. The police threatened him with obstruction of justice, and he deleted his post/ said it was a lie.

I fail to see how/ why/ someone could go to such great lengths for a lie it's really quite eerie if a lie.

The same poster also private messaged someone that the police had contacted him re Kalgoorlie claims, visited his home, and then quizzed him about working with BRE in Gawler SA 1998 and Alice 1999. The police threatened him with obstruction of justice, and he deleted his post/ said it was a lie.

I fail to see how/ why/ someone could go to such great lengths for a lie it's really quite eerie if a lie.

I agree that option cannot be ruled out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You're right they didn't stay up long. I can understand why the mods deleted them as the poster admitted they were lying. Only problem is that the majority who didn't see the admission before it was removed go on believing the original lie.

Indeed - having seen the original claim, I would prefer to see the denial from the same account. I realise that may be a bit strange (asking for substantiation that an unsubstantiated post was a lie), but there it is. JMO :facepalm:

Hi folks, long time guest now registered...
Channel 7 news advertised an "exclusive interview" tonight about CSK but i got home too late and missed it. Didn't anyone see it? Trying to find it online but no luck as yet...

It was SS Dad plea to find SS and how much anxiety and pain the family has suffered. Heartbreaking.
Was Ch9

I can confirm I saw the denial too and it appeared staged or a prerequisite for something going on in the background

The original post is long gone so unless someone snapped it while it was there I guess we won't be re-reading it. When I first read it, I remember thinking it seemed like a reasonable post. Certainly not the usual rubbish most trolls put up here. It raised no alarm bells with me that it was a lie at the time. The explanation above could well be true. Hard to know.

Hi folks, long time guest now registered...
Channel 7 news advertised an "exclusive interview" tonight about CSK but i got home too late and missed it. Didn't anyone see it? Trying to find it online but no luck as yet...

Nope, but are you sure it wasn't advertising the new 'true crime' series "Murder Uncovered" starting next week?

https://www.facebook.com/7perth/videos/vb.429996330375390/1451333594908320/?type=3&theater

Like you, I can't find any reference to a specific "CSK" interview - not even on the Perth twitter "tonight on 7 news" stuff:

https://twitter.com/7newsperth?lang=en

EDIT:
It was SS Dad plea to find SS and how much anxiety and pain the family has suffered. Heartbreaking.
Was Ch9

Ahhh - Thanks

According to Debi Marshall's book on the Claremont Claremont Serial Killings, there were some Telstra workers working in the area where Ciara Glennon was found - they were there for few days before she was found - wonder if BE is any way connected?

Hopefully they had installed surveillance software pursuant to a warrant, which would have eliminated the advantage otherwise offered by TOR

BRE would have been on their radar for a considerable time before his arrest so this may be the litmus test for the investigative team, no evidence of recent searches would have to create some serious doubts for them.

According to Debi Marshall's book on the Claremont Claremont Serial Killings, there were some Telstra workers working in the area where Ciara Glennon was found - they were there for few days before she was found - wonder if BE is any way connected?

It really depends on what sort of work that was being done. He was a technician and not a linesman, so not part of a team running cables in pits etc. if it was to do with a mobile tower network, then no, as they are a different section as well. Do you have more info?

It really depends on what sort of work that was being done. He was a technician and not a linesman, so not part of a team running cables in pits etc. if it was to do with a mobile tower network, then no, as they are a different section as well.

Do you have more info?
- No - just think it is co-incidental that Telstra were out there. I am sure there are work logs which will be checked anyhow.

The original post is long gone so unless someone snapped it while it was there I guess we won't be re-reading it. When I first read it, I remember thinking it seemed like a reasonable post. Certainly not the usual rubbish most trolls put up here. It raised no alarm bells with me that it was a lie at the time. The explanation above could well be true. Hard to know.

I agree with CP345 who is a well respected poster on here. The original statement seemed genuine but I am not an expert at picking trolls. Someone pointed out it was their first post and should be ignored. The last post seemed peculiar. Now that gajafar has provided more detail neither option can be ruled out IMO.

Channel 9 news 6pm tonight had the short interview with Donald Spiers (father of SS) and sitting next to him during the interview was WA Shadow Attorney-General John Quigley. Donald Spiers said 21years (anniversary of her disappearance) on from Sarah's disappearance was pure agony for him and his family - it was as though someone had cut his intestines out from his stomach and they were trailing on the floor - the pain !!!!. It was quite a graphic interview for 6pm news timeslot. Very difficult to watch this I found as Donald was close to tears - his eyes said it all :( - he was trying to keep his emotions hidden. He explained how he had been chronically depressed over the last 2 years - but, was on medication that was helping him. Donald had special words for the perp too - demanding to know where the perp put Sarah :(. John said Labor will introduce "no body no parole" laws should Labor get in at the next State election.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Quigley_(politician)

I have been contemplating the blitz theory and don't see it meeting a common sense approach (apologies to original poster if I am wrong). If snatched from an extremely quiet street maybe, but not from a main road.
This would mean having to park a well marked Telstra car on the street, getting out and grabbing a person from the side of road (without them running off), somehow binding their hands or incapacitating them somehow. Then bundling them into the car, fighting, kicking and screaming then getting back to the drivers side and driving off without anyone seeing anything and them not being able to escape. The main road that at least one victim appears to of been abducted from would be far too risky for such an attempt, IMO.
Most likely more than one perp (driver + 1) or lured into the car.
there were no witnesses and no one heard anything, so it just doesn't make sense.

Was it the post made by 3blindmice (from memory) about working in Kalgoorlie in '99? That poster used no punctuation, claimed BRE was pedantic (cut off end of zip ties), that he didn't stay overnight because his 'wife was domineering', and that when he joked about BRE not attending drinks the evening the victim went missing BRE 'became angry when jokingly accused of the murder'. The last assertion in particular sounds fairly ridiculous to me. Or was it the post made by a poster claiming their brother in law worked on Macro? If so I have screenshots of the latter should anyone be interested. The main thing of interest I took from that was the assertion that the 'impressive and authoritative cop-like character with the plastic-lined boot and abduction kit' from Marshall's book was 'not the accused'.

I have been contemplating the blitz theory and don't see it meeting a common sense approach (apologies to original poster if I am wrong). If snatched from an extremely quiet street maybe, but not from a main road.
This would mean having to park a well marked Telstra car on the street, getting out and grabbing a person from the side of road (without them running off), somehow binding their hands or incapacitating them somehow. Then bundling them into the car, fighting, kicking and screaming then getting back to the drivers side and driving off without anyone seeing anything and them not being able to escape. The main road that at least one victim appears to of been abducted from would be far too risky for such an attempt, IMO.
Most likely more than one perp (driver + 1) or lured into the car.
there were no witnesses and no one heard anything, so it just doesn't make sense.

As a female - if you were intoxicated and tired and preoccupied with "getting home" - one "clout" would be enough to knock you off your already "unstable feet" or high heels - IMHO it does not take long to render someone silent. Takes 2 secs to stick a tea-towel in someones mouth. A premeditated killer has means - to thrust a knife at a throat - as that was the MO for the Birnies. Once in the car - and the doors don't work (Birnies again) - blanket thrown over. 5% chance of surviving being taken to a 2nd location.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper