Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996 - 1997, Perth, Western Australia - #19

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe something like a metallic green Datson 260 C with mag wheels, stickers on the rear windscreen and black and yellow registration plates.

...or something like this...

attachment.php

Hi Innerchild - I would love to know what happened to that old blue Gemini? that was parked outside the accused’s home for about 9 years. We have discussed this in the past. I would have thought that the car would have been searched for (on the off chance it was at a wreckers). Along the lines of the old white station wagon police are currently looking for in relation to Sarah’s disappearance. That car could have been used in Sarah’s disappearance. It could have DNA in it from her. I wonder if the police looked at this. MOO

I agree with this 100%. Excellent observation & analysis, thank you.

I think the CSK would have wanted to take his victims somewhere he had full control over the situation.

I also think it is unlikely he drove around with all the items necessary for what he was doing in his car and done it somewhere else. There is too much risk of getting randomly seen or caught.

For the same reason, I think he would have limited the time he spent on the road. Given SS was taken later in the night than JR and CG, and he therefore had less time to dispose of the body, I think she is closer than they are. I've also surmised that if she was his first (which I believe she was) the whole thing may have been less well executed, which may also have curtailed his timeframe or resulted in him being slightly flustered and a bit less organized, which again to me points to her being closer.

And being a bit flustered could well have led to evidence being left behind and then dumped with JR or there still being something forensic at the house. Not sure about the former, though - leaving something with JR meant handing police a link between the two.

I don't think they would have been kept alive for any period of time because, again, the risk of something going wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

google maps street view. can take it back to 2008. no roller doors.

A light coloured Commodore was what Frankie saw from the bus station? [video documentary]
Can you provide the link to support that information ?
Because that is not what frankie says and hes a V.I.

Are you unaware you have repeated Kerouachian's post and that I responded to it?

The doors are up not pulled down in that google map street view. What is the frame doing there if not to hold the doors up?

Either way, he stopped killing after he moved out of that house and into his parents therefore we might assume the house in Fountain Way, that he lived in alone had a role in the murders.

That are had 18 or so unsolved indecent and or sexual assaults around your area, they were attributing to the so called "south side rapist" between 1986 and 1988.

They said it could have been more than one person. Do you or other locals recall anything about those attacks, or anything about the attacker(s)?
IC,

I’m only aware that the Gosnells police were looking for a young male, who had been making a nuisance of himself within the Gosnells area – late 1985. A teenager riding a pushbike at the Southern River vicinity. The pathway along side the Southern River. That area of Gosnells is a stone's throw from Huntingdale.

Yes, I recall the person, was about 16, had dark hair, was tallish and wore glasses.

https://www.google.com.au/maps/place/Baron+Way,+Gosnells+WA+6110/@-32.0733671,115.9746186,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x2a3295914bb66fb7:0x4654cf59deec6733!8m2!3d-32.0733671!4d115.9768073

Hi Innerchild - I would love to know what happened to that old blue Gemini? that was parked outside the accused’s home for about 9 years. We have discussed this in the past. I would have thought that the car would have been searched for (on the off chance it was at a wreckers). Along the lines of the old white station wagon police are currently looking for in relation to Sarah’s disappearance. That car could have been used in Sarah’s disappearance. It could have DNA in it from her. I wonder if the police looked at this. MOO

Police must feel the Camry was not broken down for parts. No record of VIN which is why they must have asked if the Camry was out on a farm.

Maybe the Gemini went the same path.

Aren't the doors just up in that picture? There's what appears to be the frame, in the same colour as the roller doors in the current picture.

But in any case, the theory still holds regardless of the precise composition of the garage.

At what age of the accused would the Kimono crime have occurred?

I hadn't a blemish on my record till I left highschool. Then it was assault charges, drugs, possession of firearm, etc within 12 months.

I’m sorry to hear that Credulious.

I was trying to make a couple of points in response to CV’s post with no offence intended.

CV had said from his school photo he would be hard to forget but he would’ve been in high school for 3 of my 5 years so I must have seen him at some point during that time but I don’t recall him or his name at all and I didn’t recognise his adult photos at all. Also a friends sibling in the same year as him doesn’t recall him at all.

Also, that I was aware of other boys in his year or younger that had very bad reputations even at a young age.

In my opinion only he was quiet and non-remarkable at high school. In my experience of boys in my year at high school , quiet, unremarkable boys were often bullied verbally and physically by boys with more of a reputation for bad behaviour. However I have no idea whether similar activities occurred to students in other year-groups.

I have no idea what he did out of school hours at that time or whether he committed any crimes then or in subsequent years. I’ve been accused due to some of my earlier posts of assuming guilt but I don’t know one way or the other if the alleged CSK is guilty and I wait for the trial to hear the evidence.

Owlie and Innerchild,

Sorry I'm unable to reply with quote. Last year I visited the State Records Office and looked through old copies of the Comment News - offhand 1985/1986. I didn't notice any articles about indecent dealings, attempted sexual assaults etc. There were no identikits either.

Owlie,

In 1988 I was aware of the Huntingdale incident, perhaps I heard the news on the car radio. It was 30 years ago. At the time my family lived in Huntingdale. I worked within close proximity too.

Thanks CV, yes it’s a long time ago. I may have heard about it at the time but it’s not something that stuck in my mind for all this time.

Are you unaware you have repeated Kerouachian's post and that I responded to it?

The doors are up not pulled down in that google map street view. What is the frame doing there if not to hold the doors up?

Either way, he stopped killing after he moved out of that house and into his parents therefore we might assume the house in Fountain Way, that he lived in alone had a role in the murders.

I checked the 2008 image. I hate to say it, but here is no roller doors in the 2008 image. Roller doors would hang down a foot and a half even open. Do note there is a garage at the bank I think?

cache.php

I checked the 2008 image. I hate to say it, but here is no roller doors in the 2008 image. Roller doors would hang down a foot and a half even open. Do note there is a garage at the bank I think?

cache.php

A lot of properties around the Huntingdale area had open carports. Then, after a few years (after being continuously burgled) put up roller doors. The concept being - it was safer for your cars, your property and yourself! Nobody knows if you are home or not. I would never have an open carport - ever - too unsafe.

I don't really expect people to, excuse the pun, get all hung up about whether there were roller doors on the frame or flip ups ... or they went up later. With or without, he could still have driven in early hours of the morning in privacy.

The question many people ask that far as I know we've been struggling to find an answer to is "Why did he stop abducting and murdering women?"

And I think it was because he moved out of that house. He no longer had a place of his own to do what he wanted in.

cache.php

IC,

Another incident I recall back in the 1980s... A rape occurred whereby a man had faked losing his dog. He rushed toward a woman, with a dog lead and asked the woman for help, she went into the bush and was attacked.

I “think” that was in Gosnells or Maddington,and for some reason I think of the area near the river vicinity of Burslem Drive. That's the Southern River (i.e. creek).

https://www.google.com.au/maps/place/Burslem+Dr,+Maddington+WA+6109/@-32.0631788,115.9719287,17z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x2a32958a09d69b6b:0x2c3fd319609e840d!8m2!3d-32.0544271!4d115.977851

Aren't the doors just up in that picture? There's what appears to be the frame, in the same colour as the roller doors in the current picture.

But in any case, the theory still holds regardless of the precise composition of the garage.

<modsnip> Clearly a flat top car port as was very common in the area. Remote garage doors in the 90&#8217;s were not that common, especially in a working class area bordering Gosnells. If you drove through that part of Hungtingdale now they would still be not as common as they are in new areas today. I grew up in Willetton in a house of similar vintage (80&#8217;s built) and less than half of the houses in my Street would have automatic garages now. In fact I can think of about 3 or 4 out of 23. More than half would have open car ports.

IC,

Another incident I recall back in the 1980s... A rape occurred whereby a man had faked losing his dog. He rushed toward a woman, with a dog lead and asked the woman for help, she went into the bush and was attacked.

I &#8220;think&#8221; that was in Gosnells or Maddington,and for some reason I think of the area near the river vicinity of Burslem Drive. That's the Southern River (i.e. creek).

https://www.google.com.au/maps/place/Burslem+Dr,+Maddington+WA+6109/@-32.0631788,115.9719287,17z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x2a32958a09d69b6b:0x2c3fd319609e840d!8m2!3d-32.0544271!4d115.977851
The West Australian June 18[SUP]th,[/SUP] 1988, page 1. By Steve Lague. New Southside murder hunt.

Police find partially clothed body of Vanessa Roberta Devlin 23 years old.

Certain similarities to other attacks by south side rapist.

Found on floor of a sleepout at the rear of an Albany Highway house. House is 100m from highway and no close neighbours with a railway line running alongside.

South side rapist may be responsible for more than 16 attacks on women in the past 2 years. They include the murder of Victoria Clark aged 30.

Suspect is mid 20&#8217;s 175 cm tall medium build, dark curly hair and brown eyes.

Police unwilling to say just one man was responsible. Maybe shift worker.

My bolding. This is the south side rapist I was asking about?

Can anyone really see his reason for stopping being that he no longer had a house/lived alone? Surely it’s more likely that he either had a close call in getting caught dumping a body or in my opinion most likely was treated for a mental illness that while taking his meds controlled his behaviour. I can’t imagine a murdering, raping, psychopath just giving up because it was no longer convenient.

" Use a roller door , thats whats its for " sung to the tune of Toreador from the opera Carmen
Its all beginning to make sense now

Can anyone really see his reason for stopping being that he no longer had a house/lived alone? Surely it&#8217;s more likely that he either had a close call in getting caught dumping a body or in my opinion most likely was treated for a mental illness that while taking his meds controlled his behaviour. I can&#8217;t imagine a murdering, raping, psychopath just giving up because it was no longer convenient.

I thought it was because his roller door was broken and he could not afford to fix it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member