Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996 - 1997, Perth, Western Australia - #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting that they don't have stats on amphetamines which is the same derivative as meth but is a different but more dangerous end product.

https://www.thecabinchiangmai.com/the-difference-between-methamphetamine-and-amphetamine/

Despite the 'official' criteria for designating a serial killer being 3, I believe 2 unrelated with similar MO should trigger a SK response and the ones that survive added in the number until proven to be unrelated crimes.

Edit------ should have read 'which is a different but more dangerous end product'

Hi no name,

Metermine or Duromine, commonly called 'legal speed' is an amphetamine and prescribed for many conditions but often for rapid weight loss. The side effects of therapeutic dose certainly do provide the same effects of increased energy, dilated pupils, clarity of thought, loss of appetite, alertness etc and are often taken for recreational purposes regardless of whether one has a pre existing condition and NEEDS to lose weight or not. Irritability can also be another fairly typical side effect of therapeutic doses.

I assume this was a typo Jan & you meant this the other way around. Amphetamines is the product medicinally used & methylamphetamine is the stronger product more likely to be abused for recreational purposes.

You are correct that in the right therapeutic dosage amphetamines does give clarity of thought & the other things you mentioned, however, you forgot to mention this only occurs for someone who actually NEEDS the drug in order to combat a condition it is prescribed for. For someone not requiring the drug, taking it at the therapeutic dose has little to no effect & would be required in amounts at least 3-5times the dose to be noticed.

https://www.perthnow.com.au/news/cr...etamine-seized-in-geraldton-ng-b88698288z.amp

Well done WAPOL for intercepting this huge drug haul. MOO

Home Affairs Minister Peter Dutton praised the efforts of police, intelligence and border force agencies.
"This is a billion-dollar bust," he said
"Particularly at this time of year we're very pleased that [more than] 12 million hits of methamphetamine will be off the streets over the Christmas/New Year period”.

"There are kids in Australia who will have their lives saved because of the impact that the police have had in the detection of these drugs."

Hi no name,
Metermine or Duromine, commonly called 'legal speed' is an amphetamine and prescribed for many conditions but often for rapid weight loss. The side effects of therapeutic dose certainly do provide the same effects of increased energy, dilated pupils, clarity of thought, loss of appetite, alertness etc and are often taken for recreational purposes regardless of whether one has a pre existing condition and NEEDS to lose weight or not. Irritability can also be another fairly typical side effect of therapeutic doses.
I guess that depends where your from Pandit as to what people refer to these drugs as and how rampant the abuse of them is. While what you are saying may be true, it is not one of the commonly prescribed drugs for conditions that I was referring to which was in response to janwa comments below
If amphetamines are taken at the correct therapeutic dosage they speed up thought processes, sharpen reflexes, give clarity of thought and eliminate fatigue. Useful attributes for roaming 'night workers.' They were and still are prescribed for certain sleep disorders and shift workers. No one would pick that I was taking them

Pandit, are you saying that the people that are abusing this drug are NOT taking anymore than is legally prescribed for weightloss ie 1 per day or whatever the dose is?
If so, I find this very hard to believe that drug users only require the legally prescribed dose. We are talking about abuse of these drugs and the amounts people that abuse them take to get the same effects of actual illegally manufactured amphetamines or its derivatives.

As with many drugs, tolerance is increased over time and higher doses are gradually required to deliver the same affects. Duromine or Metermine good examples that start with smaller dosages that increases over months.

Someone who uses illicit / prescription drugs of this nature every day over a very long time obviously would have a higher tolerance, someone who used recreationally or every few months would not, broadly speaking.

Pandit, are you saying that the people that are abusing this drug are NOT taking anymore than is legally prescribed for weightloss ie 1 per day or whatever the dose is?
If so, I find this very hard to believe that drug users only require the legally prescribed dose. We are talking about abuse of these drugs and the amounts people that abuse them take to get the same effects of actual illegally manufactured amphetamines or its derivatives.

Good job! What a coincidence also that we've been discussing this very subject over the last couple of days.

https://www.perthnow.com.au/news/cr...etamine-seized-in-geraldton-ng-b88698288z.amp

Well done WAPOL for intercepting this huge drug haul. MOO

Home Affairs Minister Peter Dutton praised the efforts of police, intelligence and border force agencies.
"This is a billion-dollar bust," he said
"Particularly at this time of year we're very pleased that [more than] 12 million hits of methamphetamine will be off the streets over the Christmas/New Year period”.

"There are kids in Australia who will have their lives saved because of the impact that the police have had in the detection of these drugs."

Heads up folks !!

Websleuths requires that if you state information as fact, you must provide a link (unless you are a verified professional or verified insider). If you are asked for a link, you are obliged to provide one. If you consistently do not provide links to support what you are claiming (i.e. technical or medical specifics re various drugs), your post will be removed.

All members are required to familiarize themselves with TOS aka The Rules.

Please review them thoroughly; otherwise do not be surprised if your post disappears and no explanation will be provided.

Thanks.

Hi no name,

Metermine/Duramine were the early-st forms of amphetamines (50Yrs) followed by phentermine which was phased out. Dexamphetermines which is the better known brand of speed came in 25 yrs ago and like Pandit says if you don't have the deficit it is prescribed for it has an enhanced effect.

https://duromineinusa.com/same-as-metermine/

Janwa,

My thoughts are a body being placed alongside a coffin. I've been to KK before when they've had a burial and haven't filled it in straight away. I don't think they rush those jobs. JMO

Hi CV - getting back to the CSK perhaps burying SS in Karrakatta Cemetary. There must be other places within the Cemetary that a body could be buried. There are gardens and areas of vacant land for future burials. The alleged CSK would have had all the equipment needed to dig a grave and then smooth it over again. MOO

Annalise,

My apologies I'm not able to Reply with Quote....

With regard to the burying of a body within the KK cemetery. Back in the 1990s I cut through KK cemetery a couple of times in the early morning, and noticed that there were some graves still open. They were cold mornings and quite eerie with the steam coming out - somewhat like a horror movie.

KK would be a perfect place to hide someone. I don't envisage the accused CSK being enthusiastic when it came to labour.
It must take ages to dig a hole and the sand would keep falling in. JMO

What does this have to do with the CSK case? Please provide a link.

This obviously referring to the 8 people arrested in the Geraldton drug best mentioned in previous posts today ... which of course have nothing to do with the Claremont case

Annalise,

My apologies I'm not able to Reply with Quote....

With regard to the burying of a body within the KK cemetery. Back in the 1990s I cut through KK cemetery a couple of times in the early morning, and noticed that there were some graves still open. They were cold mornings and quite eerie with the steam coming out - somewhat like a horror movie.

KK would be a perfect place to hide someone. I don't envisage the accused CSK being enthusiastic when it came to labour.
It must take ages to dig a hole and the sand would keep falling in. JMO

Hi CV - you are braver than me. I wouldn’t be taking a short cut through a Cemetary even if it meant walking an hour longer to get around it😬

The KK victim was reportedly left for dead.
Now if the accused thought she was dead and just walked off. If the bodies of The other two were left out in the open, one would have to think it's highly unlikely that SS was hidden in a grave or any particular care was taken to hide her, if the same perpetrator was involved. Except for being last seen in Claremont, there is scant else evidence to assume that the disappearance of SS is related to the series of crimes that the accused is charged with. If one is to theorising what happened to her based upon the possibility that her case is related, then chance of her being hidden in a grave at Karrakatta diminishes except to opportunity and luck IMO. I think we need to look at other circumstances. I don't see a pattern if SS is buried at Karrakatta.

Sent from my HTC 2PQ910 using Tapatalk

Just to clear up the effects of stimulants (Dexamphetamine, Duromine etc), as someone who is on Dexamphetamine for ADD/ADHD (no, you do not grow out of it), it does not enhance my abilities. It mellows me, makes my brain stop jumping from thought to thought before even finishing a thought. I do not get any type of "high" from them and would probably need a whole bottle to get any type of high. My blood pressure is also down since I have been on them and I haven't lost any weight. It is the reverse for those without ADD/ADHD, I have tried Duromine twice in the past and only this year found out as to why they never worked for me (was only diagnosed at the start of this year with ADD/ADHD). Also, Doctors (well sensible ones) are pretty tough on who they give Duromine to, if you're not overweight they won't (or shouldn't be prescribing it) and Dexamphetamine & Ritalin are restricted drugs and can only be prescribed by a Paediatrician or Psychiatrist although your GP can do your scripts after you've been diagnosed and cleared it through the Psych but then again there is plenty of dealers out there that do manage to get their hands on them to on-sell them for a quick buck to students for mad study sessions.

As mentioned beforehand the mental illness associated with Serial Killers is called Antisocial Personality Disorder (ASPD). The exact cause of ASPD is unknown. https://people.howstuffworks.com/serial-killer4.htm

According to the Mayoclinic there aren't any medications specifically for the illness. There are disorders associated with the illness, such as depression and anxiety and symptoms of aggression which doctors may prescribe a treatment.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/antisocial-personality-disorder/diagnosis-treatment/drc-20353934

If we saw the CSK as a serial raptist rather than a serial killer, would that change how we think about this? Would we focus less on patterns/MO? Historically, I think the focus on patterns has restricted investigative thinking. I don't know enough about the difference between serial rapists vs serial killers but would like to look into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member