Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996 - 1997, Perth, Western Australia - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
in 2008 police told l\w and his family he was no longer a suspect
This has never been confirmed.

maybe this was because of advances in dna , the same advances which saw dixie cleared, the same can be said for SR PW,as for judo man he could of been legit
Dixie was cleared in 2006. Why wait 2 years to clear LW?

The CIA episode was a campaign to get info. Why bother with a known sexual pervert and a martial arts expert? Why not just test them?

CG lay undiscovered for 19 days. JR for 56. A bit of research will tell you the chances of getting a dna read are slim.

I'm curious about Lakeside guy.

Police must now have a description of this guy. What have they got to lose by releasing it?

If they can solve some of those rape cases they might get closer to the CSK and at the very least rule a few pre-cursor attacks out to enable them to better focus on the remaining unsolved ones.

Who is Lakeside guy? Karl Boyd Bryhn?

This has never been confirmed.

Dixie was cleared in 2006. Why wait 2 years to clear LW?

The CIA episode was a campaign to get info. Why bother with a known sexual pervert and a martial arts expert? Why not just test them?

CG lay undiscovered for 19 days. JR for 56. A bit of research will tell you the chances of getting a dna read are slim.

Forensic link is supposedly to CG, right? Semen dried on clothes and protected from sunlight can last years, even in less than perfect conditions. Rain can be a problem, depending on the material, amount of rain and if the sample is protected from downpours.

I think the DNA is probably from under CG's fingernails. It might not be a perfect sample, also was possibly more than one profile that turned up.

Would a Holden Commodore VS Series One have been an expensive car in Perth in 1995?
reg was a holden commodore expensive
it depends on who you are. a working class person would find this car expensive but obtainable, a toff from claremont on the other hand would not drive it, they may use it as a spare but generally prefer top of the line models

I think the DNA is probably from under CG's fingernails. It might not be a perfect sample, also was possibly more than one profile that turned up.

I assume you meant at least 2 profiles - that being CG's profile + nProfiles (where n is the number of offenders).
You can generally deduce the male profile from the victim's profile. This is obv. dependent on things such as Quality, Quantity, DNA method, No of STR markers used etc
2 male profiles + victim would be very tough but not impossible

Forensic link is supposedly to CG, right? Semen dried on clothes and protected from sunlight can last years, even in less than perfect conditions. Rain can be a problem, depending on the material, amount of rain and if the sample is protected from downpours.
Yep, that forensic link allegedly being the grand poo-bah of forensic links, DNA.

There's absolutely no way they had DNA in 1997 so for them to have DNA now means scientific advances enabling them to finally get a profile.

reg was a holden commodore expensive
it depends on who you are. a working class person would find this car expensive but obtainable, a toff from claremont on the other hand would not drive it, they may use it as a spare but generally prefer top of the line models
Depends a lot on age. If the CSK was 25 then that's reasonably expensive but affordable. If he's 35 then it's probably quite affordable.

Or, CSK was a thirty-something lairising around after hours trying to pick up victims in a new fleet car...

On reflection the car aficionado thing does not tend to change, although by now he might have an HSV or similar. Probably red?

A good chance.

How many rapists working one area at one time can there possibly be? I've lived in the same geographically area (200k people) for 20 years and not one serial rapist. The specific area of Cottesloe, Swanbourne, Claremont and Nedlands (50k people maybe) seemed to be a hot bed of activity in the early to mid-90s.

Claremont supposedly had a fairly high amount of public housing even though it was generally not a poor place.

https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/wa/a/6585576/public-housing-rife-in-some-rich-areas/

Maybe something about the mix... inner city with a nightlife to it, rich people along with poor people many of whom may have got their houses through showing extremely disadvantaged backgrounds, a university just down the road so lots of young people and a high turnover of residents.... just a good place to get away with pretending to be what you're not?

attachment.php

?

I think this photo of Ferguson was taken before 1996. I've seen that t-shirt somewhere and can't for the life of me remember where ? Can anyone make out what the label (on neckline) says ? There is also some sort of writing detail in the sleeve ?

google
Jane Rimmer: Terrible discovery etched in the mind

Unbelievable that an old couch was dumped on exact site and the memorial cross has been stolen ! I do hope police have taken the couch for testing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mysterylinds