Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996 - 1997, Perth, Western Australia - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Australian 27 Megahertz 40 channel CB radios could not access Taxi radio frequencies. Companies who needed radio contact would share radio frequencies & have to share the particular channel. Testra vehicle radios would have their own channel to themselves. In 1990 or 1991 I had a Uniden HR 2510 that could go from well below the NZ 26 Mhz CB band thru the Aust. 27 Mhz cb band, to the 10 metre Ham bands & marine as well. I tried to make some bucks & tried selling it. I got raided but it was at work as I got a tip off. I had a yagi beam & rotator on a huge tower 100 m west from where I live now.

The CG site track is about 75 m long & you can turn around. It is on a mound of sorts.

Yeah just answering someone's question. You can create blogs with the information in it as sub forums. Obviously CSK hasn't read the 3 trillion pages.

Would these CB's pick up calls from the Taxi depot to a taxi?

This is why we need sub forums. The taxi dispatch has been explained in depth....

MODS; can you please allow us to create sub forums for such information and each POI.

thanks in advance

I'd say way off. It doesn't make sense to use those roads. If the CSK lived local then why go that far? If the CSk lived out that way (Malaga etc) then why not dump the bodies East?

I just can't see those roads being used.

Well Eglinton to Wellard is almost 90k as the crowflies and we know he went to those places so if he lived in the middle it makes perfect sense, how is travelling to Eglinton any easier than travellng to Wellard.
Inteterestingly, if we consider Casaurina Prison as a reason for the selection of the Wellard site it brings the possiility of a taxi back up.
One would assume taking a taxi to that prison would have been common practice in those days as it is somewhat isolated, imagine someone taking a cab out there and needing it to get back home again, whats a standard visit take, an hour, would you ring another cab after or ask the one who brought you to hang around. From the drivers angle it makes more sense to hang around than to drive home empty.
What does a driver do for that hour or so, does he wander around the area?
Then consider the route i suggested, straight past the airport, another place familiar to drivers, infact when i sat a taxi exam in Adelaide in the mid 90's two places i needed to identify the exact route to were Yatala Prison and Adelaide airport for obvious reasons.

Thanks very much JW Sleuth.

Can you be more specific when you say VS panel van? I know they did release some but I gathered they were quite rare.

Thanks very much JW Sleuth.

Can you be more specific when you say VS panel van? I know they did release some but I gathered they were quite rare.

There was never a VS panel van. The last made was the WB.

it looked like a police divisional van will look into further maybe it was a conversion.

JackHigh said:
One would assume Orton and Casurina were there as the prison needed a road for access and the area is casuarina so it would be fair to assume a road of its name would have been one of the first.
Th properties along Orton appear to have been there a long time going by the types of dwellings as are properties on the roads which link it to the south western, Turner and Soldier.
The sth western would have been there and Tonkin terminated at Albany by then, Albany is an extension of the sth western. .
Reid was there and so too Wannaroo if im not mistken.

Now imagine you've just diposed of bodies, you want to get off the street quick and both return routes lead to the same part of metropolitan Perth, close to Malaga which appears to be an industrial area.

Or, i could be way off.

Then consider the route i suggested, straight past the airport, another place familiar to drivers,

It's not normal practice for people to take the long route. Remember this guy is organised and a planner so it's not as if he wasn't aware what the quickest options were. Also remember darkness was at a premium so time would have been a factor.

Here's a map showing:

Red - route through Freo, Cockburn Rd, Mandurah Rd, Wellard Rd

Blue - route to edge of city and onto Freeway. Dump site not far from Freeway exit.

Green - The Le Mans 24-hr scenic bat-chit fricking crazy never would have happened route.

dump site route.jpg

Unless i mistaken, the blue is Kwinana which wasnt there in those days, it only went as far as south st Murdoch.
And youre suggesting routes from Claremont, not Malaga.

As for the previous comment about just dumping them east of the city, perhaps he did, SS was the first, she may well be lying east along the great eastern highway.
He obviously doesnt like to use the same area as shown by leaving JR and CG in totally opposite directions and roughly 50-60k from the Malaga area, SS was the first to go missing officially, if he took her east, and consdering his attempts to distance them, his only alterntive is south where JR was found, the furthest from Malaga and then north where CG was found slightly closer.
It could suggest he tried to diguise it as the work of a repeat offender, whilst becoming more comforable with his work.

So if he headed east from Malaga for 50-60k with SS, where would he be?

Unless i mistaken, the blue is Kwinana which wasnt there in those days, it only went as far as south st Murdoch.
And youre suggesting routes from Claremont, not Malaga.
<modsnip>

I'm suggesting routes from Claremont BECAUSE THAT'S WHERE THE GIRLS WERE ABDUCTED FROM.

Somehow JR got from Claremont to Wellard. Unsure why you think the CSK made a detour to Malaga? Is because you think he went and introduced them to his Mum? <modsnip>

so we are clear:

Abuction site: Claremont
Dump site: Wellard and Eglington

As for the previous comment about just dumping them east of the city, perhaps he did, SS was the first, she may well be lying east along the great eastern highway.
He obviously doesnt like to use the same area as shown by leaving JR and CG in totally opposite directions and roughly 50-60k from the Malaga area, SS was the first to go missing officially, if he took her east, and consdering his attempts to distance them, his only alterntive is south where JR was found, the furthest from Malaga and then north where CG was found slightly closer.
It could suggest he tried to diguise it as the work of a repeat offender, whilst becoming more comforable with his work.

So if he headed east from Malaga for 50-60k with SS, where would he be?
What has Malaga got to do with anything at all? <modsnip>

Perhaps you can clarify?

This would probably be quite traumatic for the KK abduction victim - but if all the POI's were introduced to her face to face, and the police monitored their brain activity and also did a lie detector test in front of her... Then I'm pretty sure they'd be able to work out who it is.

There's really no other options if they don't know who the guy is.

I think it is the martial arts suspect or the telstra guy. I don't think there are any other options.

Still don't understand why MAP told "blatant lies" while being interviewed from police if had nothing to hide.

There's really no other options if they don't know who the guy is.
I really struggle with the concept that the CSK isn't on their short list.

1. Why did the killings stop? People suggest death, jail or moved area but I think Macro would have this covered. Only a certain amount of Perth residents would have died during this period (say from CG to 18 months after). Ditto jail. Ditto people moving interstate and overseas. Also note that a serial killer hasn't turned up anywhere else in Australia.

2. If they have a blank canvas then they're awfully quiet in the media. If they were at a dead end then I'd expect another public appeal.

The media seem to be quiet on MAP. They have never referenced him. I wonder why?

I really struggle with the concept that the CSK isn't on their short list.

1. Why did the killings stop? People suggest death, jail or moved area but I think Macro would have this covered. Only a certain amount of Perth residents would have died during this period (say from CG to 18 months after). Ditto jail. Ditto people moving interstate and overseas. Also note that a serial killer hasn't turned up anywhere else in Australia.

2. If they have a blank canvas then they're awfully quiet in the media. If they were at a dead end then I'd expect another public appeal.

The media seem to be quiet on MAP. They have never referenced him. I wonder why?

My thoughts......

I think there is a short list and he is on it.

1.Why did the killings stop? Did they?
We have many missing women you won't find on the crimestoppers site. Even unsolved murders we do know about aren't on the site. We have many missing sex workers that are just assumed to have moved interstate using different names. No one knows what really happened to them.

How do we know he just hasn't targeted easier victims? There is nothing to say he hasn't changed his MO.
I think he cooled his heels after CG because that didn't go to plan. I think CG put up a damn good fight (God bless her) and he had to rethink his tactics.

2. I think they are close. They don't need the public, or think they don't.

3. I have my doubts about MAP (assuming it is in reference to SD)
If he was the CSK, he would have had an alibi ready.

The CSK may not be academically bright but he is as cunning as a sewer rat. He'd be alibi ready. IMO

Posts have been removed. You can't post pics of random innocent people that you have on your radar, saying maybe this is the perp, or I believe this is so and so.

:wave:

My thoughts......

I think there is a short list and he is on it.

1.Why did the killings stop? Did they?
We have many missing women you won't find on the crimestoppers site. Even unsolved murders we do know about aren't on the site. We have many missing sex workers that are just assumed to have moved interstate using different names. No one knows what really happened to them.

How do we know he just hasn't targeted easier victims? There is nothing to say he hasn't changed his MO.
I think he cooled his heels after CG because that didn't go to plan. I think CG put up a damn good fight (God bless her) and he had to rethink his tactics.

2. I think they are close. They don't need the public, or think they don't.

3. I have my doubts about MAP (assuming it is in reference to SD)

The CSK may not be academically bright but he is as cunning as a sewer rat. He'd be alibi ready. IMO

Agree that he's on the short list.

1. The killings stopped.
2. They've been allowed to keep the case open with no inquest.

Also note that a serial killer hasn't turned up anywhere else in Australia.

A 'known' serial killer hasn't turned up. There are currently more than likely up to half a dozen serial killers operating in Australia. Maybe more.

There is potentially one before the courts, but there are suppression orders in place.

A 'known' serial killer hasn't turned up. There are currently more than likely up to half a dozen serial killers operating in Australia. Maybe more.

No doubt there's a few, but.....

1. The general consensus is the CSK is motivated by sex as opposed to killing. He's probably killing the girls to avoid detection and his main game is rape rather than sexually getting off on killing people. So this guy probably isn't just running around and killing anyone.

2. To do what he does undetected he would have to move around a bit. Means he wouldn't be able to hold down a long term job. Everything about the Claremont Murders suggested stability

3. He had some sort of attraction to Claremont. He could have mixed it up and done Subi or Freo but all 3 he chose Claremont. Maybe he's local but more telling is his choice of victims - well heeled girls who to him may be unobtainable. Is this guy going to switch up to street hookers? Even if you get two or three go missing from one patch, it gets noticed. There may be a high amount of itinerant drug users but they still have friends who would notice if they vanished.

I couldn't be sure but I think our guy has been dormant since CG.

I have my doubts about MAP

I have my doubts too, just as I do with LW, but a lot of things fit with MAP. He's still high on my list.

I'm not sure about the alibi thing though. If you don't have one, you don't have one. And it's hard to get one if you don't have one. And risky.

An alibi means some sort of evidence;

- eye witnesses willing to back your story
- cameras that capture you somewhere
- receipts saying you were somewhere
- mobile phone GPS that shows you were somewhere

Very hard to fabricate. Also consider the alibi needs to be from 12am to 4/5am. Very hard to actually have one unless you're interstate/overseas, or have a bed mate (wife/lover etc).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper