Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996-1997, Perth, Western Australia - #8 ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking into the history of the usernames as well as the domain etc might help establish a timeline as to when they got serious as a couple.

Perhaps they even met online. Both seem to be people who would have had computers in their homes in that era. Perhaps it explains the mismatch of these two people. Developed a relationship online which then translated into "real life"

When the Claremont shut @ 12 everyone would head to club bay view en mass. Still happens to this day I believe.
Would they have an extended licence on long weekends? Lots of clubs/pubs did..

Hi everyone – first time poster, long time lurker. I must say, as far as internet forums go, you should all be congratulated for the quality of discussion here; especially in light of the sensitivities to victims and the legal issues.

I was right in the middle of this in the 90’s and like most people who were, it’s hard to drive past the corner of Bayview terrace and Stirling Hwy without thinking about those girls and their families.

Things have no-doubt changed since those days but I can remember the mini eras within the era where a certain pub would enjoy its time as the ‘in place’. There was the Brewery Ale House, Steve’s in Nedlands (for the Sunday sesh), The Seaview in Freo, The OBH and then The Cott – these were some that I remember as being hot for a while and then going cold for whatever reason. I think the population of prospective punters in the Western and inner city suburbs was smaller than now and they tended to rove and cluster en masse. The crew in the Northern suburbs, south of the river and up in the hills seemed to be doing the same migratory pattern within their own areas.

The Conti, for an 18-24 month period, was most definitely the place to be. A mate and I went there what seemed like every Saturday night during that period because, of course, it’s where the girls were. He met his wife there and I met a lady or two. I’ve read the theories about girls from these neighborhoods being more sheltered and naive and that doesn’t gel 100% with my experience; although I did sense that they were more open and perhaps had less defences to starting a conversation with someone they didn’t know – it was a kind of confidence. I grew up in the bush and wasn’t part of their little private school club by any means yet had less problems initiating conversations there than I would have somewhere in the outer suburbs. But all-in-all it was less of a meat-market environment than most pubs and nightclubs I’d experienced.

The spooky thing for me, looking back, is how much I fit the profile. I was mostly single, drove a white car, about 184cm tall, solid build and with black hair. (I’ve looked at the footage of MM and peered closely at the stills and am almost certain it’s not me…almost, which shows how crap the footage is if I can’t be 100% about the back of my own scone) I don’t recall meeting any of the victims, although CG has a very familiar face to me. I never crossed paths with the police so maybe I wasn’t at the venue on the nights the girls went missing or perhaps my DNA was picked up in the fake breathalysers and I was excluded that way, who knows?

The scene seemed to come to a screeching halt after CG went missing. Up until then the disappearance of the first two girls didn’t seem to alter people’s behavior too much. But I can remember going there after the last abduction and it felt like a ghost town.

Sorry if that reads like a ramble that adds nothing to the sleuthing but I figured some might like a more detailed background picture of the era.
I do have something to speculate on though. It relates to why the CSK appeared to stop. It seems that phone booths, in one way or another, were part of his MO. In the mid-late 90’s everyone got mobile phones. So the need to go the phone booth to get a taxi would have declined sharply.

The other thing that strikes me from that era, was that there was ‘one in every group’. Every different group of friends I knew had this ‘one guy’, who was a bit creepy etc that we had our doubts about. We had one on the periphery of our group - just a bit off in the way he related to and talked about women. Assuming WAPOL are on the money this time, I’m thankful it wasn’t him.

So do we all think that we find out about the specifics of this case after the trial. Is the court appearance on the 11th to find out how he will plead or will this be the start of the trial?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

It's too cost prohibitive for one ....

Civil libertarian lawyers would be up in arms if peoples DNA was being taken like this.

Hey Joe.:)
If the Police wanted to test BE or his family’s DNA, it would simply be pulling over a car driven by the suspect or family member.

Say BE’s Brother left for work at 5am, all it would take was a cop car stationed around the corner from his house to pull BE’s Brother over one particular morning for a "standard random breath test".

I wasn’t referring to testing all breathalyzer samples, just the one.

Interesting to see who BE's next door neighbours were/are?
Wonder if the police will search that house too?

eta
oops... wrong 'Edwards' in that street. Wonder if they are related, and if both grandparents were living next door to each other, a few houses down from BE?

BE liked to go crabbing a lot around Mandurah area where his parents lived. Might explain where SP could have ended up

So do we all think that we find out about the specifics of this case after the trial. Is the court appearance on the 11th to find out how he will plead or will this be the start of the trial?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I don't think he's going to admit to anything, at least initially. Maybe later his lawyer (depending on the strength of the prosecution's case) will be able to get him to co-operate, who knows? Somehow though I suspect we'll never really know just what happened and how.

Papertrail or anyone else that is good at digging up info... Is it possible to get BE's birth records... was he born in Australia? or England and moved here at a very young age in the 70's?

I'd thought I had found BE on the bigfooty thread, account was made up to discuss on the CSK thread the team chosen to follow was west coast eagles and used a french username which is a movie title that translates to "love at first sight" (seems an odd username for the discussion of a serial killer)

BUT a post mentioned he come to Aussie from England at a young age in the 70's so am hoping to confirm or disprove that.

Just based on his ebay purchases, he bought one of these (albeit an imitation copy).
https://www.arduino.cc/en/Main/arduinoBoardMega

I'm even totally sure what that is some sort of micro controller.

other purchases seem to be electronic gadgets, GPS gear, LED lights, stamps. DVD's, PC games, and gifts for his daughter. He comes across as quite geeky into gaming, tech, computers, electronics. Gives an idea into level of IQ-it's not your normal PC user purchase. Also the amount of FB likes re computers MSY etc tells me he was highly tech savvy.

Regarding his backyard-looks fairly standard to me nothing in it. What's more important is the inside of the house but even that's not really important. I did wonder if he was mowing the lawns at the previous residence which I believe was 28 Challenger rd, madora bay. NB there is some sort of manhole at the nature strip of that property that seems to ungone excavations.

Just based on his ebay purchases, he bought one of these (albeit an imitation copy).
https://www.arduino.cc/en/Main/arduinoBoardMega

I'm even totally sure what that is some sort of micro controller.

other purchases seem to be electronic gadgets, GPS gear, LED lights, stamps. DVD's, PC games, and gifts for his daughter. He comes across as quite geeky into gaming, tech, computers, electronics. Gives an idea into level of IQ-it's not your normal PC user purchase. Also the amount of FB likes re computers MSY etc tells me he was highly tech savvy.

Regarding his backyard-looks fairly standard to me nothing in it. What's more important is the inside of the house but even that's not really important. I did wonder if he was mowing the lawns at the previous residence which I believe was 28 Challenger rd, madora bay. NB there is some sort of manhole at the nature strip of that property that seems to ungone excavations.

What the obsession with his IQ, are we forgetting back in those days the police were so single minded that any idiot could have got away with murder.

This guy isn't a genius but he isn't an idiot either as he can hold a job and had a relationship.

BE might have known CG in 1998.

Interesting to see who has been members for 20 years.

https://membership.westcoasteagles.com.au/sites/.../pdf-353520-year-members.pdf

eta
sorry guys.. not having a good night (blame it on being tired and recovering from a few busy days with Christmas.)
fixed link:
https://membership.westcoasteagles.com.au/sites/default/files/eagles/pdf-353520-year-members.pdf

Nice find, you can see BE joined along with his wife (unkown if wife at time) and her family which suggests if not married at that stage the relationship was at the least serious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hawk53