Australia Australia - Claremont SK, 1996-97, Perth, WA - #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
WASleuth;There was a doco about the case on telly which showed what the police had done and the evidence they had made up about LR killing is wife at the house but all the evidence was fabricated. The judge was scathing of the police.

The Judge was also scathing of Lloyd Rayney and I quote: "The accused has engaged in discreditable conduct, including knowingly arranging for illegal telephone interception, making a false declaration and giving deliberately false evidence to a court while on oath."

I refer you to the Judges summary; http://www.supremecourt.wa.gov.au/_files/Judgment_Summary_Rayney.pdf

I don't believe the "pods" were planted IMHO they were "missed in the autopsy"

If the pathologist could I.D. grains of sand that came from 2 different areas of Pert he isn't going to miss seed pods that size especially that particular pathologist

What part does serendipity play in these cases (let alone life in general) if the person/persons driving away from Kings Park hadn't clipped the low wooden barrier and knocked the sump cover off cracking the gearbox, leaving a trail of oil to the spot where the car conked out, would Corryn Rayney have ever been found. maybe Wellard is a much bigger burial plot. The plans to release land from crown to suburban are available to see in the Battye Library, local councils and no doubt those utilities that will be involved in development in some way will have such plans so such a person would know how long a time an area could remain undisturbed. Just a thought.

Agree so much with "serendipity" (not always "happy" little coincidences though). What about Jane Rimmer and the unusually large lily that the poor lady saw, like a floral sign post, and was attracted to when she was flower picking, only to discover our lovely Jane's discarded body (which, bless the flower lady, she stayed to "guard" and be with till the police arrived). Or the "cockroach" in my Al Capone story. Amazing how "Fate" leads us to these "discoveries" in order to bring justice to a situation!

I agree. And maybe BSD Consulting (SS place of employment) was involved in matters of town planning etc which involved Telstra. And a big maybe.....maybe the accused BRE happened upon some association with BSD Consulting and possibly passed SS in a corridor somewhere....
I'll treat this as hearsay, because my mother in law said it to me .
He attended at least one work doo of his wife's. Even offering a lift home.
But many husbands do that. I've attended my wife's work doo's, even dropping her work colleagues home afterwards.

Sent from my HTC 2PQ910 using Tapatalk

What part does serendipity play in these cases (let alone life in general) if the person/persons driving away from Kings Park hadn't clipped the low wooden barrier and knocked the sump cover off cracking the gearbox, leaving a trail of oil to the spot where the car conked out, would Corryn Rayney have ever been found...extract
Agree so much with "serendipity" (not always "happy" little coincidences though). What about Jane Rimmer and the unusually large lily that the poor lady saw, like a floral sign post, and was attracted to when she was flower picking, only to discover our lovely Jane's discarded body (which, bless the flower lady, she stayed to "guard" and be with till the police arrived). Or the "cockroach" in my Al Capone story. Amazing how "Fate" leads us to these "discoveries" in order to bring justice to a situation!
[emoji851] here's a short report (concerning the delayed, amazing arrest of peter cannon on DNA harvested from a crime scene leech) which might just tickle your fancy
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2009-10-20/leech-identifies-robber/1109838
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2009-10-20/inspector--mick-johnston-describes-finding-the/1109852
https://youtu.be/ImEAp34XPQI
-karen sloan, the associated press; includes statement by tasmanian police
[emoji887]

I thought this as well. The profile in the Ivan Milat matter had a similar suggestion about car cleaning. From memory it was a type of offender who would be likely to drive a later model car and to be meticulous about cleaning and maintaining it, and would be likely to be generally careful and precise about their work and their tools. I think that was because crime scene evidence suggested that control was very important to the offender, and people with a need for a high degree of control in their lives tend to be consistent about that across multiple aspects of their life.

At least one of Ivan Milat's brothers later reminisced that Ivan always told them to "look after your things".

I assume the crime scene evidence in the CSK murders suggested an offender with a similar need for control. The hood in the KK matter is certainly consistent with Milat's blindfolds & restraints.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CSK is a very different beast to Milat though... IM spent a good deal of time @ scenes whereas I doubt CSK did. And IM enjoyed killing in and of itself whereas for CSK I believe it was primarily about rape. Although I understand that rape is also about power & control. So yes, there are certain similarities.

As for being meticulous about cleaning his car... My obvious point would be, of course he'd have been meticulous about cleaning his car after transporting a DB in it. But whether this extends into his everyday life, I'm not sure how certain they can be & I wonder if releasing a profile might sometimes be misleading. IIRC I think profilers suggested the Sydney Granny Killer was a young man when he was more like 60ish.

And finally on Milat, he was a non smoker but plenty of cig butts were at the scene. Was he alone? I doubt it. Whereas CSK I reckon acted alone.

[emoji851] here's a short report (concerning the delayed, amazing arrest of peter cannon on DNA harvested from a crime scene leech) which might just tickle your fancy
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2009-10-20/leech-identifies-robber/1109838
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2009-10-20/inspector--mick-johnston-describes-finding-the/1109852
https://youtu.be/ImEAp34XPQI
-karen sloan, the associated press; includes statement by tasmanian police
[emoji887]

Wow, thanks for that BReVeTTe, that pesky little sucker got him in the end (well maybe not the end, but some part of his anatomy, the end would be fitting, then we could really say things come back and bite you on the bum!) Love it! Critter Crime Fighters, cockroaches, leeches, who you gonna call? Bug (Crime) Busters!

I believe CSK tried to do his crimes on weekends with a public holiday Monday and generally on the Friday night it seems.
He may not have disposed of them until the early morning. Be a lot less suspicious than driving around at 2am on a Friday night.
Then he had a whole day or two to clean his car/change tyres etc and recover to go back to work and behave as normal.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

I believe CSK tried to do his crimes on weekends with a public holiday Monday and generally on the Friday night it seems.
He may not have disposed of them until the early morning. Be a lot less suspicious than driving around at 2am on a Friday night.
Then he had a whole day or two to clean his car/change tyres etc and recover to go back to work and behave as normal.

It does make sense Mandy. The crimes are either on a WA public holiday or shortly after. My theory on why some of the crimes are a week after is that he'd attempted to abduct a girl the previous weekend and failed. I think once he was in this mode he couldn't help but continue until he succeeded.

It does make sense Mandy. The crimes are either on a WA public holiday or shortly after. My theory on why some of the crimes are a week after is that he'd attempted to abduct a girl the previous weekend and failed. I think once he was in this mode he couldn't help but continue until he succeeded.
If BRE had a few days, does that add weight to a Burnies type of scenario? Held for a period of time before disposal? If so...where? Would need to be somewhere he wouldn't be disturbed....

If BRE had a few days, does that add weight to a Burnies type of scenario? Held for a period of time before disposal? If so...where? Would need to be somewhere he wouldn't be disturbed....

10 Fountain Way Huntingdale.... Had he already separated from EE and living alone at the property during this time? Assuming he bought them to his home *IF* he held them captive and bound...or...just did the deed at KK....

I believe time of death was close to abduction date, as police have previously indicated as such.

"Police later told media they believed the killer had used "planned disposal sites" and dumped the women's bodies SOON after their abductions. "

http://www.watoday.com.au/wa-news/a...d-investigation-unfolded-20161223-gth217.html

I believe he may have kept them for an extra night. His first wife had moved out and his second wife wasn't in the picture yet, this gave him the house to himself. I believe one of the reasons he stopped was the sale of his house, as he moved in with his parents afterwards. Without privacy the killings had to stop. By the time he was on his own again CG (2nd wife) was already in the picture and he no longer felt the need to kill. IMO.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

WASleuth;There was a doco about the case on telly which showed what the police had done and the evidence they had made up about LR killing is wife at the house but all the evidence was fabricated. The judge was scathing of the police.

The Judge was also scathing of Lloyd Rayney and I quote: "The accused has engaged in discreditable conduct, including knowingly arranging for illegal telephone interception, making a false declaration and giving deliberately false evidence to a court while on oath."

I refer you to the Judges summary; http://www.supremecourt.wa.gov.au/_files/Judgment_Summary_Rayney.pdf

I don't believe the "pods" were planted IMHO they were "missed in the autopsy"

No way they weren't planted. The person carrying out the autopsy never found the pods in her hair or in the bag. When questioned in court about whether he may have missed them during the autopsy he said nothing is impossible but very highly unlikely. They were definitely planted and the judge basically stated so in a matter of words without direct accusations

I don't know about the CG d-site but JR is in a rural area. You could drive those roads at night and never see anyone. I lived near there during my late teens around the time JR was found. I would drive home at all hours of the night/morning on weekends. When it was dark out those roads were dead quiet, very spooky, and every street looked the same. Barely any streetlights yet too, only at main intersections. He could have done it at anytime and nobody would notice.

No way they weren't planted. The person carrying out the autopsy never found the pods in her hair or in the bag. When questioned in court about whether he may have missed them during the autopsy he said nothing is impossible but very highly unlikely. They were definitely planted and the judge basically stated so in a matter of words without direct accusations

Did you read part 59 of the summary?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

IMO Around 1997/1988 the CSK makes a couple of clever strategic moves, He stops abducting girls from Claremont and leaves WAPOL to focus on the attention seeking buffoon LW.
He also aquires a wife complete with an" instafamily " young child, which elevates him from a brooding ,quiet ,recently divorced , 30 i'sh single, to a nondescript, married ,montage paying , doting young father ,- just one, amongst tens of thousands in the State.
It could not have worked out better for him.
He possibly returns to his old original stomping ground of the Perth CBD for a victim, LB and is no doubt delighted when WAPOL go to great lengths to flatly deny her disappearance is connected to the feared CSK.
The next year LG in Kalgoorlie fits his classic MO- young lady alone after a night of clubbing -and this disappearance is written off as "bikie related".
The rat- cunning of this offender should be underestimated. Apart from the KK rape ,where he must have gone very , very close to being unexpectedly caught, by some unknown event, he has shown the ability to adapt, move around, and confound investigators time, after time.
I think he will be shown to be right up there with Milat in terms of being one of being one of Australias worst serial killers.
All JMO and theory,

Did he?

From the full Supreme Court judgement:

In his Supreme Court judgement, the Judge said he had significant doubts about the reliability of the evidence concerning the finding of seed pod PAG57C in the body bag (see page 205).

However, The Judge went on to reject any suggestion that the seeds pods in the hair of the deceased had been planted (see page 206).

In addition, he found that if any officer had been minded to fabricate evidence against the accused, it was far too early to do so (see page 207).

CSK more reminds me of Adrian Bayley than Ivan Milat.
Ivan Milat enjoyed the hunting and killing aspect. I believe CSK was sexually motivated and killed just to avoid detection as he had a few too many close calls earlier on with the Huntingdale and KK rapes.
I believe thats the period police need to be looking at more. He was young and making mistakes. I don't doubt there were more rapes and attempted abductions in that period.

I do believe JB is a good probability of being a CSK victim. Still the same general area and not long after the others. He had to move on. Change MO.He would have been a total idiot to continue on in Claremont. Was already pretty damn brazen to take CG .

It seems to me when he had wives he didn't commit these atrocities. Could just be he didn't have the home to himself or didn't want to be questioned about his late night out and sudden need to clean the car thoroughly the next day...maybe having a wife met his needs and he didn't feel the urge to attack random strangers .
Adrian Bayley seemed to attack when he was having relationship issues or single which is one main reason I compare the two. ABs victims played along with his depravity for the most part. Jill apparently did not-which is why he apparently got mad and had to strangle her. This wasn't planned. I doubt CSK planned to kill his first either . For him however-it was probably as simple as she may have seen his face.
Its about the power to these sorts. They don't like people not cooperating and doing as they are telling them. They're already mad at the loss of control with their girlfriends /wives. CSK definitely seems to fit from the things I have seen online that he has written.

Who really knows in the end. He may well have ended up enjoying killing and that's what it was about. If so,there are no doubt more victims.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member