Australia Australia - Claremont SK, 1996-97, Perth, WA - #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Horrific stories involving known/claimed child abuse that occurred in WA, are being reported from a British Inquiry now belatedly underway.
Line this up with the evidence coming from the Australian Child Sexual Abuse Royal Commission, and it further makes you wonder of the full extent of the flow on and contributory affects this all had, crimes, suicides, self harm, ill-health, murders, rapes and abuse of adults and children in WA over the last 50 years.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/world/news/article.cfm?c_id=2&objectid=11808767
Vulnerable British children shipped overseas after the Second World War suffered "unacceptable depravity" including torture, sexual abuse and slavery, the first day of the controversial public inquiry into child sexual abuse heard yesterday in the UK.
Thousands of children, many of whom were in care, were relocated to distant corners of the British empire, including New Zealand, only to fall into the hands of sexual predators

https://thewest.com.au/news/wa/child-migrants-tell-of-fairbridge-rape-abuse-ng-b88401641z
[FONT=&quot]
Former child migrants to WA have told a British inquiry how they were forced to come to Australia where they were sexually, physically and emotionally abused at the Fairbridge Society farm school in Pinjarra.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
sexual abuse by older boys ensued.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]A2 said he was also raped by a priest in a locked room up to four times a week and the school farm’s pig and poultry manager also raped him when he was assigned to work with him.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]When A2 told his “cottage mother”, who was in charge of his care, and the school principal about the abuse, they accused him of lying and caned him.[/FONT]

Reading this article, I noticed this: "[FONT=LiberationSerifRegular, Times New Roman, Times, serif]“Police seized Weygers off the street, took him to police headquarters and then drove him to his house in Claremont, an old home he inherited from his mum. Surprise, the world’s media was waiting for him and the police publicly searched his house, [/FONT]climbed on his roof, removed tiles[FONT=LiberationSerifRegular, Times New Roman, Times, serif] and dug in the spot behind his garage,” Mr Christian said."[/FONT]

[FONT=LiberationSerifRegular, Times New Roman, Times, serif]I also noticed that police were removing tiles and examining the roof guttering at Kewdale & Huntingdale properties of BRE.

They are quite interested in roofs, aren't they?

Is it usual to remove roof tiles etc when searching a home? I've never heard of that before.
[/FONT]

I'm not sure if it's 'usual' practice. But I do know that when they arrested Ivan Milat they literally went into his walls and the roof etc. They went into all of the structures of the house looking for weapons and trophies.They found quite the dark bounty in Milat's walls :facepalm:

Maybe it's standard practice now in suspected serial killer cases?

Horrific stories involving known/claimed child abuse that occurred in WA, are being reported from a British Inquiry now belatedly underway.
Line this up with the evidence coming from the Australian Child Sexual Abuse Royal Commission, and it further makes you wonder of the full extent of the flow on and contributory affects this all had, crimes, suicides, self harm, ill-health, murders, rapes and abuse of adults and children in WA over the last 50 years.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/world/news/article.cfm?c_id=2&objectid=11808767

https://thewest.com.au/news/wa/child-migrants-tell-of-fairbridge-rape-abuse-ng-b88401641z
[FONT=&quot]

OT
My late Aunt, and my Dad were at Faibridge Farm for a decade from 1950's.
Took him there once, he jokingly said upon seeing the statue of Kingsley "I'd like to blow that up"
Upon seeing the cemetery he pointed out the graves of people he knew that committed suicide.
He then told me the name of a kid that was abused and wondered if he ever will need dad to give evidence on his behalf.
Upon seeing the old dam, he explained how they taught kids to swim " They threw us off this jetty into the river, one kid refused to swim and sat crossed legged at the bottom of the river, until we rescued him" He told me the name.
The roads there were all gravel.
He told me that Fairbridge took all their shoes upon arrival at Fairbridge and they were barefoot for the duration.
"They made us all barefoot so we couldn't run away"
Upon seeing his file decades later after Margret Humphries helped him to get it, he found letters from my grandfather begging for his children back when he got remarried, and letters from my grandfather to my late aunt and himself that he'd never seen.
He was reunited with his family in the 1980's due to the Child Migrant Trust grant, and again in 1990's after a grant from the British Royal Commission on Child Migration.
I now correspond with a step Aunt via facebook. She was the first woman police officer in the UK to be promoted to a Commissioned Officer in 1960's.
She's retired in Scotland, and dad is retired from the RAAF in Tasmania.

OT
Took him there once, he jokingly said upon seeing the statue of Kingsley "I'd like to blow that up"
Upon seeing the cemetery he pointed out the graves of people he knew that committed suicide.
He then told me the name of a kid that was abused and wondered if he ever will need dad to give evidence on his behalf.
Upon seeing the old dam, he explained how they taught kids to swim " They threw us off this jetty into the river, one kid refused to swim and sat crossed legged at the bottom of the river, until we rescued him" He told me the name.
He told me that Fairbridge took all their shoes upon arrival at Fairbridge and they were barefoot for the duration.
Upon seeing his file decades later after Margret Humphries helped him to get it, he found letters from my grandfather begging for his children back when he got remarried, and letters from my grandfather to my late aunt and himself that he'd never seen.
He was reunited with his family in the 1980's due to the Child Migrant Trust grant, and again in 1990's after a grant from the British Royal Commission on Child Migration.
I now correspond with a step Aunt via facebook. She was the first woman police officer in the UK to be promoted to a Commissioned Officer in 1960's.

Mate, that's such a sad, cruel thing to do. Glad they were reconnected. It takes a heart of steel to have done that to kids (and of course the adults). I reckon they should remove statutes of limitations for damages claims against these institutions, and make the trust assets available to execute against.

If the guy in the taxi was BRE, maybe SR can identify him.

Yes, and the thing that I thought was a bit convincing about SR, as unreliable as he sounds, I think it was a peculiar little detail about him hearing her name wrongly over the radio when he was listening to the job, "Spier" and he then asked her if that was her name when he turned up and she corrected him to "no, Spiers". If someone was inventing a story, it's an unusual thing to add, has a ring of truth to it? Another strange coincidence that he picked SS up twice? And just one more point about SR recognising BRE, if in fact it was BRE, taxi drivers pay very little attention to how a customer looks, it's get 'em out of the cab quick as you can and get on with the next job. After cinemas started closing down my Dad, who was a projectionist/cinema editor for many years, drove a cab for about 15 years, before he got very ill and died from lung cancer, and I can tell you once he'd "tapped in" for a job, it was get there as fast as you could (before "fleas" got there, the term taxi drivers used for blokes who drove for other smaller companies that listened in to two way radio communications in Perth and pinched your job before you could get there. Dad drove for Swan Taxis, the biggest one around then, now Black and White I think?). So it was get the customer/s in and out as fast as you can and get to the next job, or drive to another rank where you thought the action was. And this was many years before CSK of course, he died in 1978. And as for pushing SS out of the cab, I'm just wondering if they were friendly type arguing over paying and whomever it was said, "no, get out of here, I'll pay". Who knows, just funny that both myself and Spinnaker were both checking out the same information again at the same time and wondering, hmmm... that's weird? At least I was!

I know its a bit of a worry, it took 4 of us to call Gray lands before they took the access away from him, apparently he had "rights" I thought that was pretty stupid! thanks I will most defiantly stay safe, at least until 2034 when he is up for parole, I doubt they will let him out though.

Oh Nickerz86 that's just awful that it took 4 people to be believed and listened to. I would have thought this person would have forfeited their "rights" when they were put in Graylands and then prison for such a long term, obviously a very sick and dangerous soul. I hope WAPOL have it well noted that you (and the other poor people) need to be informed PRIOR to this person being given parole? I'd make a big diary note to ring WAPOL at least 6 months before the parole decision is due and remind them that you have had threats, weird calls, harassment, all of the above, and "you do not feel safe" knowing he is due to be released. I'd also put this in writing too, can't hurt. Bless ya!

Yes, and the thing that I thought was a bit convincing about SR, as unreliable as he sounds, I think it was a peculiar little detail about him hearing her name wrongly over the radio when he was listening to the job, "Spier" and he then asked her if that was her name when he turned up and she corrected him to "no, Spiers". If someone was inventing a story, it's an unusual thing to add, has a ring of truth to it? Another strange coincidence that he picked SS up twice? !
RSBM

Enlighten me please Lampy.... when did SR pick up SS twice?

Also I know taxi drivers, that towards the end of their shift, like to pick up fares where the fare ends somewhere near the taxi drivers home or depot. Then they don't waste fuel travelling to home or depot.
Or they prefer fares that end at busy places like pubs and clubs so they can easily pick up another fare off the street immediately. Less down time.

Did SR live SOR??

OT

What an amazing story of triumph of the human spirit, through such unspeakable horrors! Yes all this revolting stuff is coming to the surface now, like some hideous sludge, and the perpetrators are running for cover, like good little cockroaches do when light is shone on them! Thanks for sharing, just incredible. Never again! But often it's the "underlings" who seem to be punished, whilst the powerful ones in control who could have/should have stopped it tut tut (Skippy noises!) and shake their heads and pretend to be shocked and horrified! Many have been willing participants too, but are too slippery to catch!

RSBM

Enlighten me please Lampy.... when did SR pick up SS twice?

Also I know taxi drivers, that towards the end of their shift, like to pick up fares where the fare ends somewhere near the taxi drivers home or depot. Then they don't waste fuel travelling to home or depot.
Or they prefer fares that end at busy places like pubs and clubs so they can easily pick up another fare off the street immediately. Less down time.

Did SR live SOR??

OK Spooks, it was in that link I put up before, hang on I'll just go and retrieve it.
Here tis, BBM and underlined.
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases-int/1565dfwau.html
"Police raided the taxi driver's home in August 2004,armed with a search warrant that listed personal items belonging to the missingwomen. They probed the garden and searched both dwellings.
The taxi driver said he had picked upMs Spiers twice in the same night. The first trip had been from WellingtonStreet, Mosman Park, to Club Bay View. The second had been from Claremont toSouth Perth. He said there had been a mix-up earlier in the night with a callfrom the same passenger. He said her name had come on his taxi computerscreen and he asked if she was "Spier". He said she corrected him andsaid: "Spiers." He recalled that she had lived in Mill Point Road,South Perth."

Things that make you go hmm..... hey Spooks?

OK Spooks, it was in that link I put up before, hang on I'll just go and retrieve it.
Here tis, BBM and underlined.
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases-int/1565dfwau.html
"Police raided the taxi driver's home in August 2004,armed with a search warrant that listed personal items belonging to the missingwomen. They probed the garden and searched both dwellings.
The taxi driver said he had picked upMs Spiers twice in the same night. The first trip had been from WellingtonStreet, Mosman Park, to Club Bay View. The second had been from Claremont toSouth Perth. He said there had been a mix-up earlier in the night with a callfrom the same passenger. He said her name had come on his taxi computerscreen and he asked if she was "Spier". He said she corrected him andsaid: "Spiers." He recalled that she had lived in Mill Point Road,South Perth."

Things that make you go hmm..... hey Spooks?

Sorry, agree about taxi drivers wanting finish up near home, and not waste fuel. And Dad was always a taxi driver, never used the word cabbie, that was Pommie and cab driver was for Yanks, not Aussies!

Yes, and the thing that I thought was a bit convincing about SR, as unreliable as he sounds, I think it was a peculiar little detail about him hearing her name wrongly over the radio when he was listening to the job, "Spier" and he then asked her if that was her name when he turned up and she corrected him to "no, Spiers". If someone was inventing a story, it's an unusual thing to add, has a ring of truth to it? Another strange coincidence that he picked SS up twice? And just one more point about SR recognising BRE, if in fact it was BRE, taxi drivers pay very little attention to how a customer looks, it's get 'em out of the cab quick as you can and get on with the next job. After cinemas started closing down my Dad, who was a projectionist/cinema editor for many years, drove a cab for about 15 years, before he got very ill and died from lung cancer, and I can tell you once he'd "tapped in" for a job, it was get there as fast as you could (before "fleas" got there, the term taxi drivers used for blokes who drove for other smaller companies that listened in to two way radio communications in Perth and pinched your job before you could get there. Dad drove for Swan Taxis, the biggest one around then, now Black and White I think?). So it was get the customer/s in and out as fast as you can and get to the next job, or drive to another rank where you thought the action was. And this was many years before CSK of course, he died in 1978. And as for pushing SS out of the cab, I'm just wondering if they were friendly type arguing over paying and whomever it was said, "no, get out of here, I'll pay". Who knows, just funny that both myself and Spinnaker were both checking out the same information again at the same time and wondering, hmmm... that's weird? At least I was!

Hello all! Long time lurker, used to post, couldnt remember old username etc so here again.
The huge problem with what SR said about that job is that he did not "tap in" and receive the Spiers job over the two way radio. Could not have. SR drove for Swan Taxis and at that time Swans were using the Raywood taxi dispatch system. Jobs were allocated via computer not over the two way. Two ways were purely a communication channel by then. Fares couldn't be heard by other drivers. Stealing fares were only possible if drivers physically drove past.
Source: me. I wrote initial telephonists training manual for the dispatch system at Swan taxis and trained the staff. Wrote the manual 1995.

if you are all interested in Fairbridge you also may be interested in having a read of this http://survivinghillston.blogspot.com.au/ this guy that wrote this was in Hillston Farm for boys with David Birnies brother Jamie, its an interesting read.

My stomach started to churn so I could only read about half. Having been a foster carer for over 4 years I can tell you some of this stuff hasn't changed a great deal. Lots of meetings now and "experts" coming in to jolly you along and tell you the wonderful new "therapies" they've developed, but they're nowhere to be seen at 1 am when you're cradling a girl who has smashed her head against the floor for over an hour whilst you bruised your hands trying to stop her. Or talking down the child who had climbed onto the roof and was threatening to smash themselves against a brick wall, or the child who was running at you with a knife, or the other one who's just climbed in and shut the lid on the deep freeze, or the one cutting her wrists with a broken cd etc. etc. etc. These kids were so terribly damaged, one child that we took into our own home for 3 years had the wonderful honour of being the longest in care at the centre we worked at and had endured 23 different "carers" in his 8 years prior to us. So much more needs to be done to help stop "Birnies" being created due to people not REALLY caring, just doing it "as a job" and then who cares for the carers too? If you treat children like animals, they will behave like animals! I had to seek out a counsellor myself, in my own time, was NEVER offered any counselling. It's a broken system filled with broken children and carers who end up broken and beaten down. So depressing, sorry, didn't mean to vent.

My stomach started to churn so I could only read about half. Having been a foster carer for over 4 years I can tell you some of this stuff hasn't changed a great deal. Lots of meetings now and "experts" coming in to jolly you along and tell you the wonderful new "therapies" they've developed, but they're nowhere to be seen at 1 am when you're cradling a girl who has smashed her head against the floor for over an hour whilst you bruised your hands trying to stop her. Or talking down the child who had climbed onto the roof and was threatening to smash themselves against a brick wall, or the child who was running at you with a knife, or the other one who's just climbed in and shut the lid on the deep freeze, or the one cutting her wrists with a broken cd etc. etc. etc. These kids were so terribly damaged, one child that we took into our own home for 3 years had the wonderful honour of being the longest in care at the centre we worked at and had endured 23 different "carers" in his 8 years prior to us. So much more needs to be done to help stop "Birnies" being created due to people not REALLY caring, just doing it "as a job" and then who cares for the carers too? If you treat children like animals, they will behave like animals! I had to seek out a counsellor myself, in my own time, was NEVER offered any counselling. It's a broken system filled with broken children and carers who end up broken and beaten down. So depressing, sorry, didn't mean to vent.

So sad :( what a sorry state of affairs, heartbreaking that the system fails so many of our vulnerable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello all! Long time lurker, used to post, couldnt remember old username etc so here again.
The huge problem with what SR said about that job is that he did not "tap in" and receive the Spiers job over the two way radio. Could not have. SR drove for Swan Taxis and at that time Swans were using the Raywood taxi dispatch system. Jobs were allocated via computer not over the two way. Two ways were purely a communication channel by then. Fares couldn't be heard by other drivers. Stealing fares were only possible if drivers physically drove past.
Source: me. I wrote initial telephonists training manual for the dispatch syste
m at Swan taxis and trained the staff. Wrote the manual 1995.

Good post.

Source: me. I wrote initial telephonists training manual for the dispatch system at Swan taxis and trained the staff. Wrote the manual 1995.

Sorry, I was thinking about when my Dad who used a two way, my correction Bunnie, no need for me to check the manual you are right, but if you looked at the site I linked to my comments you would see it mentions about the computer screen and SR. I was harkening back to my Dad's day in the late 1960s early 1970s! I've looked at the link and it does say Computer Screen. Good for you writing the manual in 1995, long time after my Dad had stopped driving a taxi. Oh and WELCOME BACK!

Sorry, I was thinking about when my Dad who used a two way, my correction Bunnie, no need for me to check the manual you are right, but if you looked at the site I linked to my comments you would see it mentions about the computer screen and SR. I was harkening back to my Dad's day in the late 1960s early 1970s! I've looked at the link and it does say Computer Screen. Good for you writing the manual in 1995, long time after my Dad had stopped driving a taxi. Oh and WELCOME BACK!
Thanks.
My old man was a taxi owner & driver. I remember the days of manual dispatch well. :)

As for SR, that is why his claims were dismissed, and why suspicion fell on him quite quickly. His claims were very embellished, and factually wrong.

And the computer dispatch system is why a rogue driver (or someone with a radio scanner) couldn't know SS was waiting for a taxi. She phoned through and her job was dispatched via the computer dispatch system (i retrieved the job data for the bosses to locate the tape of her call to play for police) Someone had to physically see her to know she was there.

Thanks.
My old man was a taxi owner & driver. I remember the days of manual dispatch well. :)

As for SR, that is why his claims were dismissed, and why suspicion fell on him quite quickly. His claims were very embellished, and factually wrong.

And the computer dispatch system is why a rogue driver (or someone with a radio scanner) couldn't know SS was waiting for a taxi. She phoned through and her job was dispatched via the computer dispatch system (i retrieved the job data for the bosses to locate
the tape of her call to play for police) Someone had to physically see her to know she was there.

Another good one. Gold.

Thanks.

And the computer dispatch system is why a rogue driver (or someone with a radio scanner) couldn't know SS was waiting for a taxi. She phoned through and her job was dispatched via the computer dispatch system (i retrieved the job data for the bosses to locate the tape of her call to play for police) Someone had to physically see her to know she was there.

If that's right, and I'm not challenging it, you shouldn't be on here. You may be a witness.

To do fostering, for the right reasons, you have to be an incredible person. And you, I dare way, are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amakur