Australia Australia - Claremont SK, 1996-97, Perth, WA - #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Spooks, quite a mess and disrespectful.

I guess the question is whether it was like this 20+ years ago - I doubt it, as housing did not go too far North at that point. This would be interesting to look at.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But Wellard is south.

During the 1980s my family lived in Huntingdale. About 1987 our neighbours spoke about a prowler, and reminded us to close the curtains and ensure the doors were locked. I've recently spoken to a neighbour who couldn't remember that far back. Perhaps back then, there was mention of a prowler in the local Comment News. It's a shame that paper's not online.

I only messaged BRE to pretty much say who I was. I wasn't going to wind him up. It was only about one sentence. The cops & boys in Hakea have/;will do that. Hakea is ok, i know.

Now, If BRE wasn't in Kewdale at the time of the CSK murders then probably not much point looking foranyone in that area. But there could be trophies hidden at Tomato lake or the other lake near that. So that could leave Huntingdale area to look for SS. But where?

But you have got to nut the CSK out by where he has left the other two. He left them well out south & north. Whether there is another east I am not totally sure. But he headed to the end of the freeway south maybe twice.

I always thought the CSK was in Lebanon accd to John of UK blogger. Cause that was where the Claremont Ghosts vids were traced to. I always thought the CSK was a Patrick Bernhart kind of guy aka the lead guy in the American Psycho movie. Bre is certainly not the kind of guy i'd imagine to be the CSK. Crikeys some of the bloggers were more interesting.

With BRE's limp & using the excuse as doing telstra work at the time it might have worked. Some have said oh he might have said he was on the job working. But I have never found a Telstra worker working past 5pm. It doesn't happen. Unless you are a business & it is costing you $$$ loss of business. Everyone knows when the phone is down usually it is a next day fix. I say it was a bop & drop in the telstra car. I mean the first 2 girls had had a few. SS would not have know of any previous attacks. Certainly Karrakatta he was gearing up somewhat.Eh BRE? Oh the FB message doesn't look like it has been read, but not totally sure on that.

Oh btw; There were no item from one person left at another disposal site. I have said that before.

It would be really interesting if BRE was adamant, & steadfastly denied anything to do with SS's disappearance. I'm sure he will have said that. But they seem sure for a long time that all 3 are linked.

I only messaged BRE to pretty much say who I was. I wasn't going to wind him up. It was only about one sentence. The cops & boys in Hakea have/;will do that. Hakea is ok, i know.

Now, If BRE wasn't in Kewdale at the time of the CSK murders then probably not much point looking foranyone in that area. But there could be trophies hidden at Tomato lake or the other lake near that. So that could leave Huntingdale area to look for SS. But where?

But you have got to nut the CSK out by where he has left the other two. He left them well out south & north. Whether there is another east I am not totally sure. But he headed to the end of the freeway south maybe twice.

I always thought the CSK was in Lebanon accd to John of UK blogger. Cause that was where the Claremont Ghosts vids were traced to. I always thought the CSK was a Patrick Bernhart kind of guy aka the lead guy in the American Psycho movie. Bre is certainly not the kind of guy i'd imagine to be the CSK. Crikeys some of the bloggers were more interesting.

From memory the Kwinana Fwy only went as far as South St, back then. The
Mt Henry bridge was built about the early 1990s, which was needed to extend the freeway south.

During the 1980s my family lived in Huntingdale. About 1987 our neighbours spoke about a prowler, and reminded us to close the curtains and ensure the doors were locked. I've recently spoken to a neighbour who couldn't remember that far back. Perhaps back then, there was mention of a prowler in the local Comment News. It's a shame that paper's not online.
The below post from a Huntingdale local (Voodoodoll76) mentions something similar also:

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Voodoodoll76
Hi all...
Newbie here- I'm blown away each day by this story as it unfolds..
I grew up in Huntingdale, I attended Huntingdale ps from kindy, right through to Gozzy high in the 1980's-1990's
The house I grew up in is off Fountain way- Patrick way.... Which was a newly developing area at the time.
I'd walk Fountain way daily to Gozzy high, with a bunch of other Huntingdale kids.
I had many friends who lived on Fountain way- numbers 21,25,29,31 & 49 infact.
I have 2 friends since kindy who lived on Gay street at that time- back then, Gay street was "out in the sticks" of huntingdale- properties with land/bush & it even turned into a dead end dirt road- Nowadays though-Gay street is fully suburbanised.
I'm a fair bit younger than BE
But I have many people in my life who went through school with the brother T- including my children's father.
I did however go right through schools with BE's young sister- she was the year below me- I remember her well...
My SIL went through school with her in the same year- she attended birthday party's at the Edwards' Gay street home.
I do know where the Feb 17 1988 attempted rape took place & I know the victim was the same age as brother T.
I can remember quite vividly back then, Huntingdale having a "knicker ripper" and a person who the media/local paper (comment news) dubbed the "Southside Rapist" .... although I'm unsure if anyone was ever caught??
I can also say that Lisa Brown who disappeared from Perth City in 1998 also attended Huntingdale ps- she was in my younger sisters year.
In early 1991 my first pt job in a Gosnells pharmacy- I worked with Kerry Turners sister- just prior to her murder.... Sadly, 2 years later her brother was also murdered- in a gay hate crime.
Later in 91 when my folks split- I moved just a stones throw from the Medora Bay house-- from then till now I have lived in these 2 places....
My MIL worked for Telecom (Telstra) Perth City from 1985 until late 1990's...

Welcome 2017!

I think someone posted a picture of that Comment News story from 1986 or 1987 upon a earlier thread. And it did talk about missing clothes from lines in Huntingdale

Sent from my HTC 2PQ910 using Tapatalk

I think someone posted a picture of that Comment News story from 1986 or 1987 upon a earlier thread. And it did talk about missing clothes from lines in Huntingdale

Sent from my HTC 2PQ910 using Tapatalk

Thanks for that. My daughter remembers clothes being taken from clotheslines - she was only young.

There's a Telstra exchange within Gay St. It's on the corner of Balfour St, and only 5 doors from where BE lived.

My proposed scenario is that BRE had a habit of walking about in the dark and a fetish for wearing female clothing on top of his own clothing. As reported he saw the kimono on a line and took it on the night. The Kimono looks quite large and it would only need to fit where it touched. In an aroused state he has seen an opportunity to indecently assault a young woman and probably cleaned himself up with the kimono before dropping it during his get away.

I suspect that SS is somewhere in Wellard and so would CG have been except with the finding of JR the killer couldn't risk leaving another body there as it would now be under surveillance.

Despite there being dumping of trash, parties and bonfires no one knew that JR was there and they wouldn't know if SS was there. Maybe Dt Ferguson's gut feeling is right again.

I have always thought that SS was buried and the killer either felt guilty that no one found her, or he didn't get what he wanted with her not being found so then he starting leaving the girls in a spot more discoverable. Just moo of course.

I have always thought that SS was buried and the killer either felt guilty that no one found her, or he didn't get what he wanted with her not being found so then he starting leaving the girls in a spot more discoverable. Just moo of course.

It's hard to say if killers want their victims found or don't want their victims found depends on their warped reasoning. Some may like the feeling of having a secret no one knows about others might like the feeling of power scaring the wits out of an entire city.

In JR's case the reason she was found was that the Lillies near the body were bigger and drew the family to pick them. I am not religious in any way but I keep thinking the natural order of things (decomposing body) caused nutrients to seep into the ground and enhance those lillies or she may have still been there.

It's hard to say if killers want their victims found or don't want their victims found depends on their warped reasoning. Some may like the feeling of having a secret no one knows about others might like the feeling of power scaring the wits out of an entire city.

In JR's case the reason she was found was that the Lillies near the body were bigger and drew the family to pick them. I am not religious in any way but I keep thinking the natural order of things (decomposing body) caused nutrients to seep into the ground and enhance those lillies or she may have still been there.

Perhaps being his first kill he became nervous.

In the hours after a newsworthy arrest very late last year I was doing some sleuthing on FB regarding the CSK whoever he may be. I stumbled on a quite emotive recent post regarding the subject, with a photo of a very attractive middle aged woman who had lived in Cottesloe , worked in marketing /advertising and tragically taken her own life only weeks before the certain newsworthy event .
The poster claimed this was the CSKs first victim from HD in the late eighties, she had never recovered from the attack completely and should be regarded as another victim. I looked at the victims FB acc and also an obituary notice, however as it was not the focus of my interest at that time neglected to screenshot the post and have been unable to find it again since.
I think it was genuine.

The full newspaper article recently discussed:
attachment.php

Attachments

• Screenshot 2017-04-12 18.33.55.jpg
    Screenshot 2017-04-12 18.33.55.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 313
Personally I believe CSK stole the clothes whilst out peeping in windows with the purpose of using them to cover his face to avoid detection.
He may well have been in early days stealing clothes for cheap thrills in the neighborhood for a while ,may have been an aid for his twisted fantasies of the people he peeped in on while out being a creep.
Wasn't washing line used to tie a victim? I believe he just stole what he could while at a scene if the opportunity arose for him to need these items on someone.
Doubt he would drive around with such things in his car.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

The below post from a Huntingdale local (Voodoodoll76) mentions something similar also:

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Voodoodoll76
Hi all...
Newbie here- I'm blown away each day by this story as it unfolds..
I grew up in Huntingdale, I attended Huntingdale ps from kindy, right through to Gozzy high in the 1980's-1990's
The house I grew up in is off Fountain way- Patrick way.... Which was a newly developing area at the time.
I'd walk Fountain way daily to Gozzy high, with a bunch of other Huntingdale kids.
I had many friends who lived on Fountain way- numbers 21,25,29,31 & 49 infact.
I have 2 friends since kindy who lived on Gay street at that time- back then, Gay street was "out in the sticks" of huntingdale- properties with land/bush & it even turned into a dead end dirt road- Nowadays though-Gay street is fully suburbanised.
I'm a fair bit younger than BE
But I have many people in my life who went through school with the brother T- including my children's father.
I did however go right through schools with BE's young sister- she was the year below me- I remember her well...
My SIL went through school with her in the same year- she attended birthday party's at the Edwards' Gay street home.
I do know where the Feb 17 1988 attempted rape took place & I know the victim was the same age as brother T.
I can remember quite vividly back then, Huntingdale having a "knicker ripper" and a person who the media/local paper (comment news) dubbed the "Southside Rapist" .... although I'm unsure if anyone was ever caught??
I can also say that Lisa Brown who disappeared from Perth City in 1998 also attended Huntingdale ps- she was in my younger sisters year.
In early 1991 my first pt job in a Gosnells pharmacy- I worked with Kerry Turners sister- just prior to her murder.... Sadly, 2 years later her brother was also murdered- in a gay hate crime.
Later in 91 when my folks split- I moved just a stones throw from the Medora Bay house-- from then till now I have lived in these 2 places....
My MIL worked for Telecom (Telstra) Perth City from 1985 until late 1990's...

Welcome 2017!

Thank you for that!

I'm aware that a week prior to the arrest of BE (Dec 2016) several cars of detectives visited one of the victims.

The full newspaper article recently discussed:
attachment.php

Given the lack of information police give the public, I would suspect the item of clothes and shoes not belonging to Miss Rimmer we unrelated but the "other items found at the scene" were of interest hence not disclosed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper