Australia Australia - Corryn Rayney, 44, Como, WA, 7 August 2007

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Agree Solaris. I did a bit of a Google search, did not reveal anything

My feeling is she is no longer with us, but really don't know.

Can any Sandgropers clarify this point?

:waitasec:

JMO MOO

From the wa cemetaries board
Pretty sure this is her

DA SILVA LAURA CATHERINA 62 years 2000 WILLETTON

Highly likely he is practicing law as he is holding a current practice certificate...just checked on Legal Practice Board WA website.

The "b" stands for Barrister btw.
http://renewals.lpbwa.com/CertPracList.aspx

I am pretty sure LR launched a defamation suit against State Govt because he has been unable to get work. The issue is that irrespective of what happens in the murder trial if he is found guilty of the phone tapping charge (which was laid down prior to the police naming him as their "prime and only suspect" for Corryns murder) he would almost certainly lose his right to practice as a lawyer. So his own illegal activities are just as likely to affect his future legal status.

I am not sure if those charges were also presented at the start of this hearing or not.

JMO of course.

What if the dirt was put into a big bag, put in the hole but leave enough dirt to cover over. But that lot of dirt would be pretty heavy I imagine so hard to get the bag of it in and out of the hole.

I notice that Aussie Criminals now has a thread about the LR trial.

Although, if someone dug a grave in advance that was not filled in, what would they do with the dirt that was removed between the time of digging the grave and burying and covering the body?

What if the dirt was put into a big bag, put in the hole but leave enough dirt to cover over. But that lot of dirt would be pretty heavy I imagine so hard to get the bag of it in and out of the hole.

The whole digging of the grave thing is very mysterious tootsie.

Let us just hope that, like the place card and the bollard, the digging implement has also been found, just not mentioned yet.

:please:

JMO MOO

Yes let's hope they know more and it will be revealed as the trial goes on.

It is very odd IMO

Almost like they are attending a happy social gathering.

:fence:

JMO MOO

Whatever way you look at it, their facial expressions on their way to court is not normal. For goodness sake, even the legal teams look more appropriately somber on their way to court than LR and the girls!

Hi everyone,

Well I did get to the trial today...just got home.

It was very interesting and I will fill you in on the main details in a couple of posts.

First things first, though...

I did find out from a media person (I recognised the male channel 7 news presenter she was with and approached her). I asked whether LR is still practising as a lawyer and she said, that yes he is. She said that he stopped working for the Department of Public Prosecutions a long time ago and, from the court evidence that was heard today, LR stopped working for them before 2007.

He can still represent people in court as a barrister and do other legal work...'guilty until proven innocent' is the reason she gave.

I said, 'So he can practise law if people want to still hire him?' and she said, 'yes, that's why he's suing.'

'For loss of income?' I asked and she replied, 'yes.'

So, one question answered. Pretty much what most of us suspected, I guess.

I almost bumped into LR coming around a corner, during a short recess and I was surprised at how small he is. He wouldn't be more than about 170cm tall and he's quite slightly built.

This smallness of stature could pose some problems for the prosecution I think...especially when you consider that today, a witness testified that, at a dinner party he attended at the Rainey's house during the summer before Corinne's death, he saw a 'massive' home gym setup Lloyd had purchased but that Corinne had joked that LR couldn't use it because he'd injured his back (not sure if the back was injured on the gym or not. I may have lost concentration...there was a lot to take in!)
Will come back to post more, in a little while.

I am pretty sure LR launched a defamation suit against State Govt because he has been unable to get work. The issue is that irrespective of what happens in the murder trial if he is found guilty of the phone tapping charge (which was laid down prior to the police naming him as their "prime and only suspect" for Corryns murder) he would almost certainly lose his right to practice as a lawyer. So his own illegal activities are just as likely to affect his future legal status.

I am not sure if those charges were also presented at the start of this hearing or not.

JMO of course.

I understand that the defamation proceedings have been delayed until after the trial. Probably because if he is found guilty, they will get thrown out anyway.

I'd love to be a fly on the wall in court today - with all those Barristers being in the witness box

Here is a good news update on todays events in the courtroom

http://www.watoday.com.au/wa-news/the-rayney-trial--second-day-of-evidence-20120725-22p1i.html

I felt that the lawyers that appeared as witnesses today were a slimey bunch. I felt they were being extremely careful not to say anything that could be construed as being negative towards LR and I wouldn't trust any of them as far as I could throw them.

Amazing too, how many of them lived in Kershaw Street, Subiaco (or 'Subiahco') as Mr Agius continued to pronounce the suburb lol.

JMO

I felt that the lawyers that appeared as witnesses today were a slimey bunch. I felt they were being extremely careful not to say anything that could be construed as being negative towards LR and I wouldn't trust any of them as far as I could throw them.

Amazing too, how many of them lived in Kershaw Street, Subiaco (or 'Subiahco') as Mr Agius continued to pronounce the suburb lol.

JMO

Hi YoureNicked

Do you have any thoughts, or was it made clear why the Prosecution was asking Mr Webb about his vacant house on Kershaw St and whether or not there was any access to the backyard?

Please see 1pm entry on the following link for context.

http://www.watoday.com.au/wa-news/the-rayney-trial--second-day-of-evidence-20120725-22p1i.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Egladva
Back