Australia Australia - Corryn Rayney, 44, Como, WA, 7 August 2007

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Dark horse, very good point about the 'email trail' that LR though corryn was creating. Is all he had to do to 'stymie' that trail was to send a return email querying why she would make these allegations as they are completely untrue. If he didn't send such an email denying the allegations you would think COB would have queried him as to why and advised him to send one. JMO

Want to put some thoughts around the emails Cr sent to LR's email account.

Yes I agree with COB that Corryn could have been creating an email account as part of her plan to discredit him and/or for divorce purposes.

She may however not have had either of those things in mind. Perhaps she was concerned that the girls were getting more "bonded" with their father at a time she was about to get him to leave the house. Remember that the youngest was only 10 at the time and girls of that age still like to cuddle up to their parents, especially so if they feel their security might be threatened. They do not want either of their parents to move away from the nest. If LR had been relegated to the back room the girls may have been a little more clingy than normal, asking their Daddy to stay next to them after reading at bed time. They may have had trouble accepting the breakdown to the family unit.

If this had happened a few nights in succession and Corryn knew that she was not going to have a chance to talk to him about the matter because of their work commitments and taking the kids away for the holidays then I can understand why she might choose to shoot off a quick email to try and nip it in the bud.

Alternatively she may also have done it cleverly to kill two birds with one stone though - one to stop the behaviour which she felt undermined her plans to get LR out of the house and two to let him know that her emails might imply something more inappropriate.

Remember that we heard somewhere along the lines that Corryn told either a friend or her sister that she had received a rather threatening email from Lloyds lawyer about a week before she died. That letter may have refuted those claims and made it clear that sending such emails to his work email account would not be tolerated since they could easily be misconstrued that inappropriate behaviour had taken place.

just changing the subject - I agree with Zoro that COB's loyalties were definitely with LR. At one point she said "The thing that I find most attractive about Lloyd is that he can be really funny/ witty but quietly so" or something very close to that. I have to admit that one sparked up a few ears in the court room.

Hi Solaris...
They appeared to have known each other over a very long period of time and developed a trusting type 'out of work hours' platonic relationship, from what I could gather.
Your point about how he knew to ask her the questions on spying on his wife are probably relevant.
Today when that topic came up, she seemed to give the impression that he pushed the topic with a confidence of knowing that she may be of help to him. She did say, that he said 'you must know of someone' or words to that affect.
Her recolection in general was very painstakingly slow when it came to answers, and I felt she was quite guarded in the words that she chose when trying to explain something or a situation.
The Defense on the otherhand were running with the fact that she was a sympathetic witness.
Albeit that her allegations of intimidation from the detectives raised a few eyebrows, it doesn't really surprise me. IMO I'd imagine that's what they sometimes have to resort to when confronted with an objection (and especially her being a lawyer).
This poor lady is now involved in a murder AND phone tapping case just by being a friend to someone.

I found it fascinating how long she took to answer certain questions at time. On one that she was really struggling to respond to I notice LR starting to fidget a bit, twiddling his thumbs and almost squirming which was interesting.

Considering the seriousness of what had happened to both Corryn and herself, I would imagine that she would have gone over the events again and again in preparation for her time in court. She was particularly bad at recalling things and was two or three times given the chance to check her statements.

This brings me to a question - when making a statement to the Police, do they normally provide you with a copy of it if requested these days? If so I cannot imagine why she might not have had a copy of her statement to read prior.

Many years ago, before I went into court as a key witness to a serious car accident where a number of people died I was given a copy of my statement to the police to read, just prior to going into the courtroom.

She may however not have had either of those things in mind. Perhaps she was concerned that the girls were getting more "bonded" with their father at a time she was about to get him to leave the house. Remember that the youngest was only 10 at the time and girls of that age still like to cuddle up to their parents, especially so if they feel their security might be threatened. They do not want either of their parents to move away from the nest. If LR had been relegated to the back room the girls may have been a little more clingy than normal, asking their Daddy to stay next to them after reading at bed time. They may have had trouble accepting the breakdown to the family unit.

That is EXACTLY what I was thinking! Once again using those that cared about him as a 'pawn' in the event that he might need their unquestionable support!

Perhaps CR didn't really email LR about sleeping in the girls' rooms. Perhaps LR was just trying to spin a story for COB to garner her sympathy and cooperation, and to set up his own email trail?

That is EXACTLY what I was thinking! Once again using those that cared about him as a 'pawn' in the event that he might need their unquestionable support!

I tend to lean towards more protective instinctive behaviour that was probably initiated by the girls - i.e. we still want you Daddy and you can stay in our beds if mummy won't let you into hers.

His decision to stay in their beds would IMHO be borne from both not wanting to let go and to stick it up Corryn's nose. i.e. You no longer have the right to tell me what I can and cannot do with my daughters.

We should not forget that wonderful as Corryn was to everyone on the outside, when a family is breaking apart husbands and wives can drive each other right to the edge of their limits. I firmly believe Corryn did this with LR and he really hated her for what she was threatening to do to him - which is why I believe that he killed her.

JMO

We seem to be missing a few people here. Yourenicked and Gemini Girl - where have you gone to - we are missing you.

just changing the subject - I agree with Zoro that COB's loyalties were definitely with LR. At one point she said "The thing that I find most attractive about Lloyd is that he can be really funny/ witty but quietly so" or something very close to that. I have to admit that one sparked up a few ears in the court room....

Sorry to get personal, but attractive? Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwww!

I found it fascinating how long she took to answer certain questions at time. On one that she was really struggling to respond to I notice LR starting to fidget a bit, twiddling his thumbs and almost squirming which was interesting.

Considering the seriousness of what had happened to both Corryn and herself, I would imagine that she would have gone over the events again and again in preparation for her time in court. She was particularly bad at recalling things and was two or three times given the chance to check her statements.

This brings me to a question - when making a statement to the Police, do they normally provide you with a copy of it if requested these days? If so I cannot imagine why she might not have had a copy of her statement to read prior.

Many years ago, before I went into court as a key witness to a serious car accident where a number of people died I was given a copy of my statement to the police to read, just prior to going into the courtroom.

The Defense seem to be making a big deal about discrepancies between statements that witnesses have made and their testimony during the trial. It's hardly surprising that after 5 years people may not recall things in the same way as they did shortly after the event. I imagine that the judge would take that into account.

Perhaps CR didn't really email LR about sleeping in the girls' rooms. Perhaps LR was just trying to spin a story for COB to garner her sympathy and cooperation, and to set up his own email trail?

Possibly, but I imagine that the police would have examined emails from LR's work computer and could verify whether they existed or not. I'm guessing that if it is being discussed during the trial, then an email about LR sleeping in the children's beds probably existed.

Possibly, but I imagine that the police would have examined emails from LR's work computer and could verify whether they existed or not. I'm guessing that if it is being discussed during the trial, then an email about LR sleeping in the children's beds probably existed.

Solaris - I think part of the problem is that LR is not allowing his work computer to be examined due to professional privilege. Hopefully Corryns emails would have been made available to the Police.

If LR had been planning to murder CR in advance, the fact she had started an email trail which could potentially incriminate him, would be a reason alone for him to "hate" his wife. JMO

Solaris - I think part of the problem is that LR is not allowing his work computer to be examined due to professional privilege. Hopefully Corryns emails would have been made available to the Police.

Yes, of course! Thanks Mouse; forgot about that. I don't think they have mentioned Corryn's computer but hopefully they had access to that.

Hi guys
Been following your posts for a while now. Find you a very reasonable, logical and compassionate group. Not sure that I can add much but this case has touched me deeply. So look forward to more posts

Yeah, well not alot of activity on here today.......... AND not even a mention on this evenings television Chanel 7 news at 6pm........ WHAT THE????

Ironically, today appears to have been a very 'newsworthy event'!?

May be everyones sitting tight because, it's all over bar the shouting..(so to speak).

Todays evidence was quite damning IMO.

Just wondering what the DEFENCE has up there sleeve..... if any????

This case seems to be heading SOUTH .... very fast!

Please.......... correct me if I'm wrong!

(Maybe I would just make a LOUSY Judge?)

For those who have attended the trial, could someone please explain the process of attending. Do you just have to pass through security and find court 7-2 or do you have to ask someone to show you where to sit. Is it best to show up before 10am? I would only be able to stay for max of 2 hours.

For some reason Lloyd Rayney makes me feel intimidated and nervous for daring to come and watch his trial but I really want to and have been interested in this since 2007.

For those who have attended the trial, could someone please explain the process of attending. Do you just have to pass through security and find court 7-2 or do you have to ask someone to show you where to sit. Is it best to show up before 10am? I would only be able to stay for max of 2 hours.

For some reason Lloyd Rayney makes me feel intimidated and nervous for daring to come and watch his trial but I really want to and have been interested in this since 2007.

Yes, just go through security on the ground floor and take the lift to the 7th floor. (500 Hay street, brand new building on the corner and next door to the Perth Fire Station).
I was there on Tuesday, plenty of seats throughout the day. People come and go all of the time. Just a hint - you get a better view by sitting at the back on the raised seats, otherwise all the 'big heads' get in your way. Also, you'll have to sharpen up your hearing skills as it' a very large room and there is no sound system.
Good luck ....... If you go, keep us posted!!!!

Welcome Palmy - hope you'll join in the discussions here - we need more discussion. Also hope you will update us on happenings in the court room that might not get reported.

Please don't worry about LR - I think the most interesting thing I discovered is that the people in the public gallery are so varied. All have an interest in this case - a number of people I saw there were his professional acquaintances. I think it is interesting just from the perspective of watching the court process in action. Might be a good idea to walk into another courtroom for a comparison- people walk in and out all the time.

I have to admit all this stuff about soils would bore me senseless. Glad i went on the day I did

Yes, just go through security on the ground floor and take the lift to the 7th floor. (500 Hay street, brand new building on the corner and next door to the Perth Fire Station).
I was there on Tuesday, plenty of seats throughout the day. People come and go all of the time. Just a hint - you get a better view by sitting at the back on the raised seats, otherwise all the 'big heads' get in your way. Also, you'll have to sharpen up your hearing skills as it' a very large room and there is no sound system.
Good luck ....... If you go, keep us posted!!!!

It would definitely have been like watching paint dry the last couple of days don't you think Zoro?

Looks like defence might be clutching at straws again. Dirt in the car sills likely to com from the children getting in and out of the back- glitter and beads too. Wonder if similar dirt in LR's car

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/a/...urple-grains-suggest-third-scene-of-interest/

Mr Elliot suggested "purple grains" found on the door sill of Mrs Rayney's car that were not found at either the Rayneys' home or at Kings Park, suggested a possible third "scene of interest".

He said glass, glitter and a bead were also found in the car, which was used to transport Mrs Rayney's body to her bush grave and subsequently abandoned in Subiaco.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Where is Jennifer*
Back