GUILTY Australia - Daniel Morcombe, 13, Woombye, QLD, 7 Dec 2003 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just read through all this. Glad he was found. RIP Daniel.

I am amazed at how many POIs there were. Sad.

RIP little man (Daniel), my thoughts are with the Morcombe family.

I'm so thankful Daniel's parents finally know where he is. This case is one that is almost too difficult for me to read about. I'm heartbroken that he is dead.

RIP Daniel.

More human remains found at Morcombe site
Police say they have found more human remains at the site of the search for murdered teenager Daniel Morcombe on Queensland's Sunshine Coast.

Daniel Morcombe was 13 when he disappeared while waiting for a bus at Woombye in 2003, sparking the largest missing persons case in Queensland's history.

Police say more human remains were found over the last week.

The remains, which were located in the primary search site off Kings Road, will be forensically analysed.

They will not say how many bones were found but say they have been sent for forensic testing.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2011-09-05/more-human-remains-found-at-morcombe-site/2870696

HERVEY BAY mum Jodie Tangikara knew many people were touched by the abduction of Sunshine Coast teen Daniel Morcombe.

But when she organized a beachfront "Walk for Daniel" at Hervey Bay, she had no idea almost 2000 people would want to pay their respects by taking part.

http://www.frasercoastchronicle.com.au/story/2011/09/16/day-for-daniel-nears/

Sept 12 -

Two weeks after bones found in bushland at the Glasshouse Mountains were confirmed to be those of Daniel's, police say they have located more remains.

Today police confirmed more human remains had been sent for forensic testing.

http://www.sunshinecoastdaily.com.au/story/2011/09/12/search-daniel-morcombe-uncovers-more-remains/

Thousands take part in seventh and most significant Walk for Daniel on Sunshine Coast

CELEBRITIES, senior police and politicians joined almost 2000 supporters of the Morcombe family at this morning's seventh - and most emotional - Walk for Daniel on the Sunshine Coast.

The 3.5km walk saw a sea of red, as those taking part dressed in the same colour worn by the 13-year-old schoolboy on the day he vanished in December, 2003.

More: http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/...n-sunshine-coast/story-e6frea8c-1226179481275

Do they have a cause of death? Did they id who the other bones were? Was anyone arrested?

The man arrested for his murder is in court today, in Brisbane.

Thanks for the update. This thread took my breath away to read how it unfolded.

We should find some way to encourage people to intervene when they sense something is wrong. I know it is an uphill battle because people themselves have enough trouble acting when they sense themselves in danger but it isn't obvious. I am not criticising those people who were alerted but didn't act, their observations have been helpful and they came forward. They were already going above and beyond out "mind you own business" culture.

Prolly been said allready but Tears For Daniel ..It's a awesome austrailia crime show done kinda like our i don;t know maybe 48 hours its on youtube though it's a good watch ..

Prolly been said allready but Tears For Daniel ..It's a awesome austrailia crime show done kinda like our i don;t know maybe 48 hours its on youtube though it's a good watch ..

Very, very sad and an excellent portrayal of how profoundly LE can be affected by their work.

Queensland Police should be applauded for their perserverance and dogged determination to find Daniel.

September 5, 2012

The final list of witnesses to give evidence in the case against the man accused of murdering Sunshine Coast schoolboy Daniel Morcombe is expected to be decided today by a Brisbane court.

Brett Peter Cowan has been in custody since his arrest in August last year when he was charged with murder, child stealing, deprivation of liberty, indecent treatment of a child and interfering with a corpse.

The charges culminated an eight-year investigation into the disappearance of Daniel who vanished while waiting for a bus on Nambour Connection Road at Woombye, north of Brisbane, on December 7, 2003.

The final list of witnesses is expected to be decided at a directions hearing in Brisbane today.

Advertisement The crown has agreed to hear 31 witnesses at a future committal hearing but Mr Cowan’s defence lawyer Tim Meehan will argue to be allowed to cross-examine a further 49, saying they’re imperative to his client’s case.

Lawyers for all parties involved are hopeful the case can be set down for committal hearing by the end of this year.

Daniel’s father Bruce Morcombe has said he would like to attend today's hearing, but did not know whether he would be allowed to as he was a potential witness

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...e-finalised-20120905-25dap.html#ixzz25XyeTGyk

September 05, 2012

LAWYERS for the man accused of murdering Daniel Morcombe want to quiz police witnesses who were hypnotised to see what they could recall about the teenager's disappearance.
A hearing is under way in the Brisbane Magistrates Court as the legal team for Brett Peter Cowan, 42, fights to cross examine 20 controversial witnesses at committal.

Daniel was 13 when he vanished while waiting for a bus at Woombye on the Sunshine Coast in 2003.

Chief Magistrate Judge Brendan Butler will decide on the application, where defence lawyer Michael Bosscher is arguing for the witnesses to be called.

He said he wanted to question four about hypnosis or regression therapy they underwent as part of the police investigation into the case.

He said those witnesses should be questioned about the therapy they underwent in a bid to discover what they may or may not have seen on the day Daniel disappeared.

Mr Bosscher said he wanted to quiz those witnesses about who performed the therapy and what it involved.

He did not anticipate it would be a lengthy process.

The court has now been closed to the public while argument focuses on argument about a further four witnesses

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...ear-at-committal/story-e6freon6-1226465392176

September 5, 2012 - 2:12PM

UPDATED

The man accused of killing Queensland schoolboy Daniel Morcombe will face the first part of his committal hearing in late November.

Brett Peter Cowan, 42, has been in custody since his arrest in August last year, when he was charged with murder, child stealing, deprivation of liberty, indecent treatment of a child and interfering with a corpse.

Daniel was 13 when he vanished while waiting for a bus on the Sunshine Coast in December 2003.

Cowan appeared in the Brisbane Magistrates Court today as his lawyer, Michael Bosscher, asked that the matter be set down for committal hearing for two weeks from November 26.

A further two weeks of evidence will be heard early next year.

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...der-accused-20120905-25dje.html#ixzz25b0jfssG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kzrrz