Found Alive Australia - EL, 18, Bendigo, Victoria, 29 July 2015 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
glad to hear she was found alive
now to find the perp!

It probably has nothing at all to do with this case, but it doesn't strike me that this area would have a high violent crime rate?

Yet just a couple of months ago and only 98km (60 miles) away, there was a very strange crime. Two men in high-vis jackets that said 'police' broke into a couple's home and demanded money which they didn't have, then took the woman into a bedroom and sexually assaulted her. Police seem to have been puzzled and believed the couple were targeted, but thought it was by mistake as the attackers must have thought the couple had cash.

I'm just wondering if the primary target was not cash though, but the female victim.

Anyhow, as I said it probably has nothing to do with this case and those suspects may have been caught by now.

http://www.bendigoadvertiser.com.au/story/3114077/woman-sexually-assaulted-during-break-in/

Zwiebel yes it is daylight savings here as we are in the middle of Winter so gets dark quite early. What a bizarre twist. I hope EL can emotionally recover from this traumatic event. So glad she was sound alive. I'm going to assume it was a random abduction, but I do wonder if he was known to her? The poor girl :(

UPDATE 5.45pm: A man is assisting police with inquiries at Bendigo police station.

EL was located when police randomly intercepted a car at Maiden Gully.

EL has been taken to Bendigo hospital.

Police will address media at 6pm.

UPDATE 5.52pm: Victoria Police has released a statement. It reads:

“Police have located missing jogger EL in Maiden Gully this afternoon.

“She was located alive by patrolling police in a vehicle on Hermitage Drive around 4.50pm this afternoon.

“The 18-year-old Bendigo woman was reported missing after she went for a run in the One Tree Hill area about 3pm yesterday.

“The exact circumstances regarding how she came to be in Maiden Gully are still to be determined.

UPDATE 6.03pm: EL is in a stable condition at Bendigo Hospital, a Bendigo Health spokesperson said.

http://www.bendigoadvertiser.com.au/story/3245126/alive-missing-teen-found/?cs=3372

UPDATE: POLICE have a man in custody after a uni student went missing while jogging, and was found 24 hours later in a car 15km from a huge search.

The site of EL’s discovery is about 15km from a huge search involving more than 75 people, helicopters, mounted officers, trailbikes, SES members and other volunteers.

Inspector Michael Talbot said EL was found about 5pm in a car and was “conscious and talking”.

Police say they are will investigate whether EL had been attacked or kidnapped and say they believed others may have been involved in her mysterious disappearance.

“Investigations are now underway as to how she ended up where she saw and who she was with and what circumstances led up to her being found,” Inspector Talbot said.

“We believe there may have been some intervention by others.

http://m.heraldsun.com.au/news/bend...from-huge-search/story-fni0fiyv-1227462842526

Thank god she was found when she was. Who knows what this guys ultimate plan was.

This is a strange one. Missing about 26 hours? And found randomly in a car? Or was a call to the police made by her kidnapper? It's late and I really should be in bed...so maybe I am not following clearly.

Glad she is safe though! Seems I have been reading about so many missing lately and rarely is this the outcome. Please find a way to work through whatever happened to you, E...and come out fighting!

EL who went missing near Bendigo believed assaulted, man being questioned, police say

"We believe at this stage she's been assaulted and we're investigating that," he told ABC Statewide Drive.

"A male is assisting us with our inquiries ... detectives are at the scene."

The man being questioned is aged in his 30s and is from Bendigo, police said.

He was picked up by police shortly after Ms L was found.

Senior Sergeant Rod Stewart said Ms L was "well".

http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2015-07-30/jogger-emma-langworthy-found-police-say/6661068

There are conflicting reports Zwiebel. It was reported on the police scanner that he was pulled over in the car during a random police check and E was found in the car.

I'm a little confused now. So the suspect wasn't in the car when it was found, just E? Was she shut in the trunk or something?

http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2015-07-30/jogger-found-near-bendigo-man-questioned-police-say/6661068

There are conflicting reports Zwiebel. It was reported on the police scanner that he was pulled over in the car during a random police check and E was found in the car.

Maybe he ran when pulled over?

Sounds like this girl dodged a huge bullet, possibly her life was saved by the police pulling over a random vehicle

Very isolated out in that area too... going to be interesting to hear more details.

I would hate to think what would have happened if the police had not pulled this car over. It seems EL endured a terrifying 24 hours. I won't go in to details of what I've heard but this is truly awful :( So so lucky to be alive.

I am so glad to hear E has been found! I've been busy this evening with family visiting, and the whole time I was just wanting to jump on here to find out what's happening.
Thank you for all the updates and links, checking them out now.

Sounds like this girl dodged a huge bullet, possibly her life was saved by the police pulling over a random vehicle

Very isolated out in that area too... going to be interesting to hear more details.

Sorry to reply to my own post but it wasn't a random stop at all. The police received a tip-off.

More than 24 hours later officers on routine patrol found her in a car in Maiden Gully, 13km away on the other side of Bendigo.

Information had been provided to police by the public.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/la...o-man-questioned/story-fni0fee2-1227463912231

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MagnoliaGRL
Back