Found Deceased Australia - Elisa Curry, 43, Aireys Inlet, Melbourne, 30 Sept 2017 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
As the search for missing mother Elisa Curry enters its fourth day, police now believe the Surrey Hills woman was in bed asleep on Saturday night, not out for an evening run as they had first thought.

The 43-year-old was last seen by neighbours who visited her at the family's holiday home at Aireys Inlet on Victoria's Surf Coast at 10pm on Saturday.
http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/e...eys-inlet-search-goes-on-20171003-gytun0.html

Above says neighbours (plural) saw her in bed. Wonder if that is correct.... :thinking:

No you haven't missed anything . Someone had pointed toward it being strange she hadn't attended gf with the family. I was pointing out also that just because of his role at work ect would not by any means guarantee him tickets or be able "to easily get one for his wife "

ahhh... got it.
I was kinda thinking that Elisa might've enjoyed or even preferred the chance for spending some time home alone; she probably doesn't (didn't? :( ) get many peaceful moments raising three kids. maybe.

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/e...eys-inlet-search-goes-on-20171003-gytun0.html

Above says neighbours (plural) saw her in bed. Wonder if that is correct.... :thinking:

Plus now it says neighbours who visited her at the family's holiday home.
Before it just said she spent time with neighbours. I wasn't sure where... at her house or the neighbour's house.
SO... now we are getting closer to knowing how/why she was last seen in bed.
Thanks!
Time for me to re-read the articles. It's so difficult when they update the same article, and sneak new details in, when the rest just looks like the same ol' information.

Before it just said she spent time with neighbours. I wasn't sure where... at her house or the neighbour's house.
Thanks!
Time for me to re-read the articles. It's so difficult when they update the same article, and sneak new details in, when the rest just looks like the same ol' information.

Yes, good catch! Perhaps she watched the game with neighbours at HER house? Did she throw a game-watching party? Maybe a few neighbours stayed to help her clean up after and saw her getting into bed as they left?

I don't think it unusual the Elisa didn't go to the football. Probably was wrapped to get some 'me' time.
(rsbm)
Ink! Again!
Not quite snap -- I'm kinda late, but just said the same thing!
And I really didn't see your post first! hahaha

Thanks!

They keep changing the terminology in the articles.

From what I have gathered there were some neighbours over watching the football with Elisa. One of these neighbours have still been there (maybe on the way out) when Elisa went to bed at 10pm.

I think these are different neighbours to RB.

There is also the possibility of there being other neighbours where the dog was found (familiar house) but these could be the same neighbours as the ones that spent the day at Elisa's....

That's my take!

(rsbm)
Ink! Again!
Not quite snap -- I'm kinda late, but just said the same thing!
And I really didn't see your post first! hahaha

There certainly is a lot of 'snapping' going on in this thread!

I don't know how many times I've written something and by the time I've posted it someone else who is making the same point has either posted before or just after...

O/T....I just heard on our local radio news that Allison Baden-Clay's Sandstone Memoral has been vandalised and the plaque has been removed and stolen.

Her parents and loved ones are understandably very upset.

Our Queensland Premier used to go to the same ballet school as Allison and she and the Brisbane Lord Mayor have asked police to investigate the matter...:notgood::sick:

[h=1]Mother, 43, who mysteriously vanished WASN'T out for a run as police first thought - as a neighbour says he saw her in bed the night she disappeared[/h]
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...a-Curry-seen-bed-neighbour.html#ixzz4uVwf2jK4

Why does the DM article above use the HE pronoun for the neighbour that saw her in bed? However, I can't seem to find the neighbour's name in the article. :thinking:

Uh oh.... here we go again -- so now that brings me back to my first post on this thread:

So who exactly is this neighbor, and where was she last seen?

I am getting a little freaked with flashbacks of Karen Chetcuti.
:(

So... now, are LE keeping the male neighbor low-key for a reason?
Or is this just another journalistic goof?
Hard to say, as especially on the DM, I often see mistakes with he/she, even within the same sentence. And even when referring to a definite she, as in the pregnant Duchess, they'll say he. Maybe even him!
so... there's that to add to more confusion.

The fourth day in the search for Elisa Curry on Victoria's Surf Coast has drawn to a close with still no sign of the missing Melbourne mother.

The 43-year-old was last seen by a neighbour who visited her at the family's holiday home at Aireys Inlet at 10pm on Saturday.

State Emergency Service and CFA volunteers were stood down for the day on Wednesday afternoon and the search party is likely to be further reduced on Thursday to police who will focus on the immediate vicinity of the Aireys Street home.

Uh oh.... here we go again -- so now that brings me back to my first post on this thread:

So... now, are LE keeping the male neighbor low-key for a reason?
Or is this just another journalistic goof?
Hard to say, as especially on the DM, I often see mistakes with he/she, even within the same sentence. And even when referring to a definite she, as in the pregnant Duchess, they'll say he. Maybe even him!
so... there's that to add to more confusion.

There was also the he/she thing with who worked at ALH. First reports were that Elisa worked there.

Don't forget daylight saving . Clocks went forward . Also the grand final was completely exhausting and I didn't have 3 little kids with me

Not no more. Article now says singular:
"The 43-year-old was last seen by a neighbour who visited her at the family's holiday home at Aireys Inlet at 10pm on Saturday."

This is poorly written as well.

One could take it that the neighbour visited at 10pm or the neighbour saw her last at 10pm when she went to bed.

There was also the he/she thing with who worked at ALH. First reports were that Elisa worked there.

...actually I think that was just an "oopsie" on the part of one of our dear WSers, who misread Mr. as Mrs., while reading an article...

Don't forget daylight saving . Clocks went forward . Also the grand final was completely exhausting and I didn't have 3 little kids with me

Oh yeah.

Technically that means they left Surrey Hills at 6am!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
audreyshura