Found Deceased Australia - Elisa Curry, 43, Aireys Inlet, Melbourne, 30 Sept 2017 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The non-practising solicitor and full-time mother's husband and children are said to be very distressed.

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/m...obed-as-search-continues-20171005-gyvexo.html

Something new they have slipped in.

There are two other bits of information included - very pertinent information and a big change from previously when they said her mental state was fine.

"We don't know what she was wearing, we don't know at the time what her state of mind was, so it's difficult to gather all of that together and know what happened," Inspector Seel said.
They have also included the 'if you need help call lifeline' number at the bottom. Speaks volumes.

:welcome: vanburger... that is a point I had not considered... that there is perhaps a 'pear shaped' event going on in the Curry outfit that is below the radar.. on the surface, there is the great life, the big house in SH, the holiday house in AI, the 3 nice kiddies, the executive husband, the marathon running wife, with the scatter gun approach to community opinions, the nice neighbors..... .......

and keeping up that façade would be exhausting, as well as reading everyone else's good times, ( which they may be fantasising about also ) on FB.. that s a hard life to lead...

Thanks. It fits with the info we have about some 'personal issues' discussed on Saturday night, after a few drinks, the neighbour returning to Elisa's house alone quite late, and the sense of urgency in reporting Elisa missing and starting the search early.

:welcome6: excellent post, and excellent comments.. stick with us, pal. .. '

I wonder what you make of only the one photograph of Elisa being used... not a full length one, nothing of her in what she is purported to be dressed in ( running clobber) . just a close up full face...... it would seem to be unlikely , to me, that anyone out passing her by wouldn't get that close....

Thanks Trooper! Very kind words.

I agree, this is very strange - I'm sure they must have photos of her running and probably even running with her dog. Perhaps it's because by the time they got the photos they have information to suggest she wasn't running and don't want to confuse things by sending out images of her wearing clothes that she may not have been wearing.

I agree with you that it would make more sense to release at least a couple of pictures of the missing person. Even if it was with other people with blurred faces. People often look so different from one photo to another.

They do seem to be fearing/expecting the worst now. Who knows, maybe they'll do another appeal to the public with scenario re-enactment etc once they feel they've searched thoroughly.

I wondered that too. My brother is gay and I've had to message him a few times about stepping away from FB. Some of the things that have been said during the plebiscite are so horrifying :( He doesn't believe in marriage either way but surprised himself how upsetting it was to read things like that.

If Elisa had people close to her that were gay (and she's clearly passionate about her causes) maybe she was getting worked up over FB comments/posts and decided after that text to the Herald Sun she would deactivate for a while?

i think you have the wrong end of the stick here:
She is in the no camp, with John Howard. She shows that she is an empathetic person with her many comments in other forums, but she is clearly a conservative christian.

the professor she worked with as a research assistant is a strong religious conservative. He is an advisor of some great standing and his cv reveals his research interests involve religious and economical conservatism.

I just want the entire population of Airey's Inlet to be dragged into the interview room, and pummelled into some sort of memory retrieval exercise...

Because, even if....

(A) he killed her , or

(B) she killed herself , or

(C) a neighbor killed her, or

(D).. she has strolled off to a new life in the Outer Hebrides, or

(E) .. a bushy haired random stranger has scooped her up while out on a run and hurled her into the Great Southern Ocean and kept on driving to Broome., or

(F) . she has planned this so carefully that she has been able to actually bury herself good enough to remain hidden from an intensive search , heat seeking radar, line search, etc.. . or

(G) fill in the blank yourself...

.... she, having last been seen at her house, and now is not at that house, she has had to leave that house at some stage of Sat night,/ Sun morning. Either Dead or Alive. Either willingly, or not. Either on foot, or dragged. Either still walking/running, or in some form of transport.

Because she was in the house, then she wasn't. . So....

Just on the subject of her letters to the editor, at least one of them (the private school one) is, quite obviously, a satire. Now that's not to say that any of her other 'letters' weren't to be taken literally, but, personally, I'd be careful about drawing strong links between these letters and her actual beliefs / values / politics etc.

Just my opinion :)

i think you have the wrong end of the stick here:
She is in the no camp, with John Howard. She shows that she is an empathetic person with her many comments in other forums, but she is clearly a conservative christian..

Maybe I have? But I never said she was a 'yes' voter. You can disagree with Equal Marriage but still respect someone's lifestyle.

She was quoted as saying 'I love and respect gay people and they deserve better than this'

regarding the photo and lack of clothing description, maybe elisa left the house that night and went for a walk in her pyjamas, if she wore them, so probably no photos of her in those clothes, i do think the neighbour was there comforting her and keeping an eye on the situation rather than it being a creepy situation, and it seems the locals were all fond of her, so sad

This is really frustrating. Where is another picture of her? Someone driving by could we seen her, but unless they were right up in her nose and she had her hair all pulled back they wouldn't know her. Where are her friends? Her family members? Former workmates?

Has anyone been able to find her maiden name?

This is really frustrating. Where is another picture of her? Someone driving by could we seen her, but unless they were right up in her nose and she had her hair all pulled back they wouldn't know her. Where are her friends? Her family members? Former workmates?

I wonder if the information caravan (at aireys this weekend) will provide more photos?

Finding her surname is the BAIN of my existence....

One persons alcoholic is often another persons light drinker as well. How many drinks does one have to have per day to be classified as an alcoholic? I think it’s only 3-4 or something like that. (Note to self - Must check in case I’m an alcoholic.)
I would say if she was one she was high functioning.
My ex was what I would consider to be an alcoholic - must have alcohol in the house, got cranky if there wasn’t and would rush out and buy huge quantities to stockpile, never ever wanted to be without his slabs at every holiday, weekend away, birthday party.
Would drink until he passed out. But he worked 80 hours a week as a systems engineer.
Also - there might have been a lot of stuff posted by the Chardonnay set on FB about “Ocsober” - where people are meant to go dry (without alcohol) for a month.
Maybe Elisa had the jack of that - or maybe she was trying (and failing) not to drink.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You're right, people can look SO different from one photo to the next. Especially women, with hair up or hair down, make up/no make up, running gear or jeans and a nice top. I barely recognise my friends sometimes if they've done something different with their hair/wearing something non-typical (for them) when I bump into them at the shops. If my mum/sister/brother/best mate was missing you guys would seriously be getting sick of seeing all the different photos of them being splashed around. I would want every different angle/hair do/out fit covered if possible. Not just one little, closely cropped head shot. So it seems odd to me that there's only one photo.
And if you look at the profile photo from IG/FB/Pinterest (all used the same pic) it looks very different from the shot being used publicly. Which is my point. If I didn't already know otherwise, I would not necessarily know they were the same woman.
Dont they want people to recognise their missing loved one if they see her?? Or do they already know we aren't going to see her??

One would assume that a Facebook page would have been set up by now unless the family have decided it's a suicide.

One persons alcoholic is often another persons light drinker as well. How many drinks does one have to have per day to be classified as an alcoholic? I think it’s only 3-4 or something like that. (Note to self - Must check in case I’m an alcoholic.)
I would say if she was one she was high functioning.
My ex was what I would consider to be an alcoholic - must have alcohol in the house, got cranky if there wasn’t and would rush out and buy huge quantities to stockpile, never ever wanted to be without his slabs at every holiday, weekend away, birthday party.
Would drink until he passed out. But he worked 80 hours a week as a systems engineer.
Also - there might have been a lot of stuff posted by the Chardonnay set on FB about “Ocsober” - where people are meant to go dry (without alcohol) for a month.
Maybe Elisa had the jack of that - or maybe she was trying (and failing) not to drink.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

True, there are some who think if a person has more than one drink a night or a bottle of wine on a weekend they are an alcoholic.

Alcoholics can be high functioning.

You're right, people can look SO different from one photo to the next. Especially women, with hair up or hair down, make up/no make up, running gear or jeans and a nice top. I barely recognise my friends sometimes if they've done something different with their hair/wearing something non-typical (for them) when I bump into them at the shops. If my mum/sister/brother/best mate was missing you guys would seriously be getting sick of seeing all the different photos of them being splashed around. I would want every different angle/hair do/out fit covered if possible. Not just one little, closely cropped head shot. So it seems odd to me that there's only one photo.
And if you look at the profile photo from IG/FB/Pinterest (all used the same pic) it looks very different from the shot being used publicly. Which is my point. If I didn't already know otherwise, I would not necessarily know they were the same woman.
Dont they want people to recognise their missing loved one if they see her?? Or do they already know we aren't going to see her??[/QUOTE]

BBM

:winner:

One would assume that a Facebook page would have been set up by now unless the family have decided it's a suicide.

Very good point.

I first heard about Jill Meagher after one of my friends shared the page her husband (?) set up

She doesn't appear to have any girlfriends. men friends, family, off the electronic grid, I mean.. ... what's up with this? .. She had quite a long career in ASIC, she would have former colleagues from her professional life.. other runners, don't tell me she ran alone all the time, her kids mix with other kids , and their mothers at school back in Melbourne, even , should she be the drinking fiend she is made out to be, she would have drinking companions.... of one sort or another, in both her residential locations...

ANd now people on SM are running with her being a secret lesbian who has run off with her lover. All because she wrote about the gay marriage debate. So easy to see where rumours come from and gather legs .

the picture seems to be of a woman who ran alone, drank alone, wrote letters to the editor alone, took her kids to school and came straight home alone, circulated between Surry Hills and Airey's Inlet like a ghost, liked the football , but not the actual attendance at matches, occasionally joined the neighbors for a drink, has had only one picture of her taken in all these years, who's husband of 14 years could only think to say, on the occasion of her complete evaporation from the planet earth... ' Elisa,, IF you are out there.....'...

IF... ??? wtf?????? if she isn't in here ( pointing to the house where he last spoke with her, and where a neighbor last saw her ) then why and how would she be out there???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rayhartley90