Australia - Erin Gilbert, 42, murdered, Merrylands, Sydney, 9th April 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

TootsieFootsie

Reaction score

Woman found dead in Sydney apartment identified as Erin Gilbert

Neighbours at Merrylands apartment block called police about 11.30pm on Easter Sunday to report concerns for her welfare.

Police have identified the 42-year-old woman who was found dead at her home in Sydney’s west over the Easter weekend and are appealing to the public for information.

Erin Gilbert was found dead with severe injuries in the main living area of her apartment in Merrylands on Sunday. Neighbours had called police at about 11.30pm with concerns about her welfare.

Detectives have started an investigation into Gilbert’s death with help from the State Crime Command’s Homicide Squad.

Superintendent Andrew Holland told reporters on Tuesday that when police arrived at the scene Gilbert’s husband was performing CPR on her body.

Gilbert’s husband has not been charged with any offence.

'She completed me': Husband mourns woman found dead in Sydney unit​

A Sydney man has recounted the moment he found his wife dead in their unit as police hunt for answers over what happened to the woman.

Erin Gilbert, 42, was found dead in a unit block in Merrylands on Sunday night after police were called over a concern for welfare report.

Nic Gilbert said he arrived at the Merrylands home on Sunday night and was pressing the doorbell, but no one was answering.

A woman who was brutally murdered on Easter Sunday was thousands of dollars in debt and facing possible eviction from her home in western Sydney.

Erin Gilbert's money and housing troubles have been laid bare in court documents which detail her legal battles with two landlords.

The 42-year-old was found dead amid a gruesome and bloody scene at her apartment just before midday. There is no suggestion Ms Gilbert's financial problems were linked to her death.

I have so many questions here. Husband phoned a friend who came round before he called an ambulance? But neighbours had called the police who arrived to find husband there. The timeline doesn't make sense, unless it took the police a long time to arrive after the neighbour's call.

Why was he ringing the doorbell on his own apartment? Where had he been and how long was he out?
My partner often goes out without his keys. eg if he's going out for a run, meeting a friend to go to the beach, that kind of thing where keys are a hindrance but I know I'm not going anywhere. I don't think that part is remarkable. The rest, though... (not accusing anyone of anything. Interested to see where this one goes)

Last edited:

Is this the killer? Eerie video emerges of shadowy figure speeding away from units where nurse was found in a pool of blood - as the extraordinary lengths cops are going to in manhunt are revealed​

Mr Gilbert assisted police with their inquiries on Sunday evening and has been released without charge.

t is understood there is CCTV to back up his alibi. Mr Gilbert said he has no idea who may have attacked her.

Erin Gilbert, 42, was stabbed multiple times in the head with a sharp object in the living room of her Merrylands rental, in Sydney's western suburbs, at about 11.30pm on Easter Sunday.

Her husband Nic Gilbert, 38, was out during the alleged attack and panicked when he got inside their home to find Mrs Gilbert 'choking on her own blood'.

Supt Holland revealed her husband made the triple-0 call, and has been 'very forthcoming' with police during their inquiries.

He added Mrs Gilbert's family has requested privacy and that her partner is well known in the local community.

No one has been ruled in or out as a suspect.

Has anyone else seen Erin's facebook marketplace listings? There are SO many things, and really random things - several bikes, smart watches, brand new pair of shoes, a huge Lego set, a chair lift thing for the elderley, war medals that sold for $1500.... not sure if they just trawled things like kerbside collection for things to sell (which is where they said they found the medals), or if they're from more sinister activities (I mean, brand new shoes in kerbside?). Some of the things she's selling have huge pricetags...

Has anyone else seen Erin's facebook marketplace listings? There are SO many things, and really random things - several bikes, smart watches, brand new pair of shoes, a huge Lego set, a chair lift thing for the elderley, war medals that sold for $1500.... not sure if they just trawled things like kerbside collection for things to sell (which is where they said they found the medals), or if they're from more sinister activities (I mean, brand new shoes in kerbside?). Some of the things she's selling have huge pricetags...

Yes I read an article the other day about some of the things she was selling.
It sounded to me like a desperate try at getting out of debt.

Rest in Peace Erin.

Yes I read an article the other day about some of the things she was selling.
It sounded to me like a desperate try at getting out of debt.

Rest in Peace Erin.
Desperate for sure :( There's so much stuff there. Would be interesting to know where it all came from...if I can find bikes in kerbside collection and sell them for $3500 I think I've found my new calling!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back