Australia, Faulconbridge - NSW - 2 boys aged 9 & 11 found deceased at home, Mother arrested, Sept 10th 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

drsleuth

Reaction score
An investigation is underway after the bodies of two boys were found in a Faulconbridge home. A crime scene has been established at a home in Faulconbridge after two children were found deceased a short time ago.

Sorry if thread has already been started, I did look & couldn't see one.

The bodies of two boys aged nine and 11 have been found in a Blue Mountains home and their mother has been arrested and taken to hospital under police guard.

Officers were called to the home in Faulconbridge about 12:40pm today after concern was raised about the welfare of the mother and her two sons.

NSW Police said the children's bodies were found inside the house by their father who contacted emergency services.

He is assisting police with the investigation.

The 42-year-old woman sustained a number of injuries.

Police sources told the ABC the boys had been stabbed and the woman had self-inflicted stab wounds.

The children, aged 9 and 11, were discovered by a family member at the home on Chapman Parade in Faulconbridge just before 12:40pm on Tuesday suffering reported stab wounds.

Their 42-year-old mother was airlifted to Westmead Hospital in a stable condition after a Toll ambulance helicopter landed at nearby Springwood High School. She will be treated for self-inflicted cuts to her wrists.

Retired homicide detective Steve Ticehurst, who lives around the corner from the family, said they had been well-liked members of the close-knit community.

'They seemed like a really happy family, they have been living here for years, and you would just never pick something like this would happen, he told Daily Mail Australia.

I wonder if it wasn’t a mental health problem…..

“Superintendent John Nelson said the woman was known to police.

"What I can say about the mother is that she is known to us, but only for minor matters," he said.”

And poor dad, hope he has lots of support.
Senior Executive at Woolworths, will no doubt be well supported.

I’m not sure on the family situation here, article mentioned he didn’t live at the residence. Unknown if this was even the family home, and unknown if the parents had even been together at the time either.

I assume the female contacted the male to come to the property.

Bit weird this one, and incredibly sad.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CooperDeVille
Back