GUILTY Australia - Five Lin family members murdered, North Epping, NSW, 18 July 2009

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Kelly Fedor ‏@KellyFedor 31m

Xie's barrister on the sexual abuse victim: "the question will be of her reliability." #xietrial #9news @9NewsSyd

Louise Hall ‏@LouiseCHall 35m

Turnbull: the #xietrial is not a trial about sexual offending. It's a murder trial.

This expression is generally used regarding the testimony of a very young child. You can't ask very young children leading questions because they'll frequently give you an answer they think you want to hear as opposed to what they actually saw or heard.

"Mr Turnbull said the Crown's "three-pronged motive" – sexual desire, financial gain and feelings of resentment towards his in-laws – showed the difficulty the prosecution was having in finding a motive for such a violent mass murder.

Witness A will testify that Mr Xie discussed a method by which he disposed of the murder weapon and a plot known as "plan B" by which Mr Xie would allegedly frame dead people for the murders by planting their DNA at the crime scene or on a murder weapon.

But Witness A could not say that Mr Xie confessed to killing the five Lin family members, Mr Turnbull said."

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/accused-m...ourt-hears-20140806-1012du.html#ixzz39biCW0cv

The Crown does not need a motive. It can be useful but it isn't necessary.

Xie's Mother-in-Law Qing Feng Zhu tells Supreme Court jury she now considers Xie to be not a "human being" but "a monster"
Sept 2, 2014

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...ng-but-a-monster/story-fngr8gwi-1227044862210

THE Lin family matriarch has told a jury she feels “deceived” by Robert Xie, the murder accused she now considers to be “not a human being” but “a monster.”

Xie has pleaded not guilty to the vicious bashing murders of his brother-in-law, newsagent Min Lin, Min’s wife Lilly, her sister Irene and Min and Lilly’s two sons Henry and Terry in their North Epping home on July 18, 2009.

Under cross-examination on Monday, Xie’s mother-in-law Qing Feng Zhu said she believed her grandson Henry would have stayed over at her Merrylands home on the night of the murders were it not for Xie discussing playing badminton with him the following day.
I don’t know what Robert said to him, but I will regret [Henry not staying over] for the rest of my life,” she said.

“That is why I hate Robert.”

Mrs Zhu told police in interviews prior to Xie’s arrest in May 2011 that she’d had a good relationship with him.

During a sometimes terse stint in the witness box, said “now I think I have misjudged him.”

“He is a wolf under a sheep’s skin,” said Mrs Zhu.

“He was trying to deceive us, now I realise that.

“I realise now he is not a human being, he is a monster.”

The Crown alleges one of Xie’s motives was a “clear sexual interest” in a young female relative, as well as fear of “loss of face” in the Chinese community because his in-laws favoured the hard working Min and Lilly.

The jury earlier heard Mrs Zhu and her husband Yang Fei Lin lived with Xie and his wife, their daughter Kathy Lin, after the murders.

Mr Lin said one night he got up to go to the bathroom when he saw Xie standing near the young girl’s bedroom.

“When Robert saw me he told me ‘you just scared me’,” Mr Lin said.

I wasn’t sure what he meant by that, I said ‘didn’t you say this house was a safe house, why are you afraid?’”

The Supreme Court jury was previously told that in 12 months leading up to the murders he was engaged in *inappropriate sexual behaviour when he was alone with the young girl.

He is alleged to have stroked her on her thigh when she was wearing shorts, rubbed her

“up and down the side of her body for more than 30 seconds” and held her so she could feel his groin area.

Xie akd Kathy had vowed to take care of a young female relative “like one of their own” after the murders.

As well as the sexual motive, Xie is alleged to have been spurred on by a “loss of face” with his in-laws and wanted to take over the prized family asset, the Epping Central Newsagency.

The trial continues before Justice Peter Johnson.

Court Told That Xie Had Human Face But Animal Heart
Sept 4, 2014

http://www.9news.com.au/national/2014/09/04/17/27/xie-human-face-but-animal-heart-trialAccused murderer Robert Xie has "a human face, but animal's heart", the Lin family matriarch says.

"I used to think he had higher education and could not be that bad. Now I see him as a monster."

Feng Qin Zhu made the comments during another emotional day of evidence at the Supreme Court trial of her son-in-law Xie.

The crown says Xie was driven by bitterness when he crept into her son Min "Norman" Lin's North Epping home in Sydney's northwest in the early hours of July 18, 2009.

Using a hammer-like weapon, Xie is alleged to have murdered his brother-in-law Mr Lin, 45, Mr Lin's wife, Yun "Lily" Li Lin, 44, their young sons Henry and Terry, and Lily's sister, Yun Bin "Irene" Lin, 39.

Xie, who has pleaded not guilty, faced trial earlier this year but it was cut short.

He now is the midst of a retrial.

Crown prosecutor Mark Tedeschi QC asked Mrs Zhu what information she "found out" between these two trials.

"It was about Robert. This person with a human face but animal's heart," Mrs Zhu cried.

In the year before the killings, the crown alleges Xie had engaged in "inappropriate sexual behaviour" toward a young female relative, who cannot be named for legal reasons.

After the murders, this allegedly escalated and the 50-year-old began sexually abusing her regularly.

Mrs Zhu said she used to think Xie, who is married to her daughter Kathy Lin wasn't "that bad" but after the sexual assault allegations were "exposed" she now views him as a "monster".

Referring to a Chinese proverb, Mrs Zhu said her daughter Kathy was a "fresh flower".

"In contrast Robert was the ox s---," she told the court today.

The trial continues.

Read more at http://www.9news.com.au/national/20...ce-but-animal-heart-trial#mDRrrxZ3OLG2upTC.99

Robert Xie's wife urged the Lin family accused to stay at murder scene

September 8, 2014 - 3:30PM

Stephanie Gardiner
Reporter

Amid frantic cries and screams to triple-0 operators in the moments after she found the beaten bodies of her extended family, Kathy Lin allegedly pleaded with her husband to stay with her, saying "I am more scared than you are".

Three emotional triple-0 calls Ms Lin made on the morning of July 18, 2009, were on Monday played at the murder trial of her husband, Lian Bin "Robert" Xie.

Mr Xie, 50, is alleged to have murdered his brother-in-law Mr Lin, 45, Mr Lin's wife, Yun "Lily" Li Lin, 44, their young sons Henry and Terry, and Lily's sister, Yun Bin "Irene" Lin, 39 in the family's North Epping house. He has pleaded not guilty.

In one of the calls, the emergency operator has trouble getting information from Ms Lin, telling her firmly: "Don't scream, just answer my questions" and "What's wrong, what's wrong?"

Ms Lin is heard to say: "I think someone died. I'm not sure", before saying she thinks someone has killed her brother's family.

According to a transcript of the calls interpreter Albert Au prepared for the Crown, some of which is disputed by Mr Xie's defence, Ms Lin can also be heard speaking in Cantonese, asking Mr Xie to stay with her at the house.

"You stay here! ... Bin, you stay here... Wait, wait a bit," she said, according to the Crown transcript.

According to the document provided to the jury, Mr Xie can later be heard to say "I do not need to be here".

At another point, Mr Xie allegedly says "scared eh" and Ms Lin replies: "Doesn't matter, You, you be quick. How do you look at this, huh? At the time when I rang you I was in agony, in agony. I'm more scared than you are."

The document says a car engine can be heard revving and driving away, as Ms Lin says "No way! You! I am more scared than you are!"

Mr Xie's defence barrister, Graham Turnbull, SC, put it to Mr Au that he had transcribed parts of the calls that were, in fact, inaudible.

Under cross-examination, Mr Au agreed he had made several differing transcripts.

Mr Au also acknowledged that he knew about the Lin family murders before he worked on the case as a translator, as it was "famous" in the Chinese community.

"You got the opportunity to be in a most famous case ... no doubt you were only too keen to help?" Mr Turnbull asked.

Mr Au replied: "I wouldn't say that. I would rather be out of it. I hate high-profile."

http://www.watoday.com.au/nsw/rober...-to-stay-at-murder-scene-20140908-10e1cj.html

Amy Dale ‏@amydale_tele 1m

The female relative who alleges accused Lin family killer Robert Xie sexually abused her is now giving evidence to the jury #xietrial

Leonie Ryan ‏@LeonieFRyan 23s

The young, female relative is giving evidence via video link at the Robert #xie murder trial @NewsTalk2UE

Leonie Ryan ‏@LeonieFRyan 4m

This female relative says Robert & Kathy Xie were really friendly. 'He paid attention to me'. @NewsTalk2UE

Accused Lin Family Killer Made Jokes After Deaths

Sept 9 2014

In the hours after five of his relatives were found beaten to death, Robert Xie allegedly asked police for the keys to the family newsagency and made jokes to an officer.
But the officer who gave that evidence at Mr Xie's murder trial, Detective Senior Constable Martin Wilson, has been accused of "manufacturing" his statement to help the prosecution case.
Detective Wilson told the NSW Supreme Court he went to Hornsby hospital, where members of the Lin family were taken after news that five of their relatives had been killed on July 18, 2009.

Min Lin, 45, Mr Lin's wife Yun Li "Lily" Lin, 44, their sons Henry, 12, and Terry, 9, and Mrs Lin's sister, Yun Bin "Irene" Lin, 39, were beaten with a hammer-like weapon in their North Epping home. Mr Xie, 50, has pleaded not guilty to five counts of murder. He is married to Kathy Lin, who is Mr Lin's sister.
At the hospital, police asked Mr Lin's father, Yang Fei Lin, for the keys to the newsagency run by Mr and Mrs Lin so they could conduct a search.
"When I took the keys from Mr Lin senior, Mr Xie said to me 'We need the keys to open. Why do you want them? We have to get the business open'," Detective Wilson told the court.
The jury has previously heard that financial gain is one part of Mr Xie's alleged motive for murder.
While Min Lin ran a successful business, the Epping Central Newsagency, owned his North Epping home and had a commercial investment property, Mr Xie and Kathy Lin had not worked since they moved to Sydney from Melbourne in 2005, the court has been told.
Detective Wilson also said that Mr Xie made jokes about the paintings on the walls while the family walked along a corridor of the hospital.
"He looked at the walls and said 'I think I could do better than that'."
The following Friday, when police took the family to a Buddhist ceremony in Chatswood, Mr Xie made a comment about a car he saw, Detective Wilson said.
"He said 'Do you see that BMW? I like that, I'm going to get one of those'."
But under cross-examination from Mr Xie's defence barrister, Graham Turnbull, SC, Detective Wilson admitted that he hadn't immediately written notes about the alleged comments. He included the conversations in an official statement he signed in September 2011.
"I suggest to you that there was never any statement about a BMW, you just made that up," Mr Turnbull said.
Detective Wilson replied: "No, not at all."
"(You) manufactured a prejudicial series of statements after Mr Xie was arrested to give the police case a helping hand."
"I'm not manufacturing anything. These conversations took place."
"You're lying."
"I'm not lying, sir."

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/accused-lin-family-killer-made-jokes-after-deaths-20140909-10edtv.html

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/accused-l...ter-deaths-20140909-10edtv.html#ixzz3Cw0QBKZ8

Robert Xie's alleged sexual abuse victim tells court she 'loved hanging out with him' before killings

Sept. 10, 2014

The female relative did not make the allegations of sexual abuse until May this year.
"It wasn't too bad a relationship, I loved hanging out with him, I loved talking to him, but it just wasn't particularly close," the young woman told the court of her interactions with Mr Xie before the family was killed.
"I still enjoyed his company.
"He was really talkative ... I felt like he paid attention to me, he was great to be around ... all of that stuff."

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/robert-xi...e-killings-20140910-10ext2.html#ixzz3CxDj96QZ
Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/robert-xi...e-killings-20140910-10ext2.html#ixzz3CxDOlF00

Robert Xie's alleged sexual abuse victim tells court she 'loved hanging out with him' before killings

Sept. 10, 2014

The female relative did not make the allegations of sexual abuse until May this year.
"It wasn't too bad a relationship, I loved hanging out with him, I loved talking to him, but it just wasn't particularly close," the young woman told the court of her interactions with Mr Xie before the family was killed.
"I still enjoyed his company.
"He was really talkative ... I felt like he paid attention to me, he was great to be around ... all of that stuff."

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/robert-xi...e-killings-20140910-10ext2.html#ixzz3CxDj96QZ
Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/robert-xi...e-killings-20140910-10ext2.html#ixzz3CxDOlF00

Yep, that's what they call 'grooming' especially in the circumstances that her whole family would die and she would 'need' him. Poor girl.

Xie 'completely innocent': female relative September 11, 2014

A young female relative who says she was sexually assaulted by Robert Xie told his lawyer she didn't want to air the abuse allegations because she believed he was "completely innocent" of the Lin family murders.

After the murders, she said his behaviour intensified and he began regularly sexually assaulting her.

http://www.9news.com.au/National/2014/09/11/12/19/Female-relative-tells-of-Xie-abuse-court

Robert Xie sexually assaulted young relative after Lin family killed, court told
\
September 11, 2014
\Paul Bibby
Court Reporter
\

A young female relative of the man accused of murdering the Lin family, says he crept into her bedroom and sexually assaulted her up to four times a week for nearly two years after the alleged murders took place.

Lian Bin "Robert" Xie is on trial, accused of murdering Min Lin, 45, Mr Lin's wife Yun Li Lin, 44, their sons Henry, 12, and Terry, 9, and Mrs Lin's sister, Yun Bin "Irene" Lin, 39, with a hammer-like weapon as they slept in their house in North Epping, Sydney, in the early hours of July 18, 2009.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/robert-xi...court-told-20140911-10fd5w.html#ixzz3D7eOLFs0

Justice Peter Johnson tells jury that Robert Xie murder trial will run into New Year

September 12, 2014

Jury members shocked by judge’s announcement trial has long way to go
Jurors have until Monday to write note asking to be excused
Female relative testifies that Robert Xie tried to ‘forcibly kiss’ her
THE jury hearing the trial of accused Lin family killer Robert Xie have been told they will be sitting on the case until early next year.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...un-into-new-year/story-fni0cx12-1227056589555

Did I just hear correctly (Radio) - Trial called off due to Judge being Ill - Jury no longer required ???

I couldn't believe this when I heard it. 2 trials aborted. Incredible.
I've been following this case, and I wondered why it was progressing so slowly.

I truly hope and pray that we will eventually see justice for the Lin family. I really fear that RX will be granted bail, because of the 2 aborted trials.

Who is Brenda living with now? I hope he won't be allowed near her.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PKBB
Back