GUILTY Australia - Five Lin family members murdered, North Epping, NSW, 18 July 2009

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
http://www.9news.com.au/national/2014/08/04/13/17/jurors-warned-of-gruesome-lin-evidence

Jurors warned of 'gruesome' Lin evidence

Potential jurors for the Lin family murder trial have been warned they will see "gruesome and graphic" evidence of the five killings and hear allegations of sexual abuse against a young woman.

Lian Bin "Robert" Xie, 50, is accused of murdering five members of the Lin family in their North Epping home in Sydney in July 2009.

His alleged victims are the father Min 'Norman' Lin, his wife Yun Li 'Lily' Lin and her sister Yun Bin 'Irene' Yin.

Norman and Lily's two young boys Henry Lin and Terry Lin were also killed.

Xie reiterated his pleas of not guilty to all five murders at the start of his Supreme Court trial on Monday.

Due to the unusually long duration of the trial - which is expected to run for four months - there are 15 jury members as opposed to the normal 12.

Hmmmm, what we suspected. :notgood:

Justice Peter Johnson told the potential jurors they could apply to be excused if they felt they could not deal with some of the evidence they would see.

He said the trial might also interfere with travel plans over the Christmas holiday break, and that jurors should be prepared to ignore media reports about the case.

Fifteen jurors, instead of the usual 12, were empanelled for the trial at New South Wales Supreme Court which was set down for four months.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-08-04/robert-xie-murder-trial-to-hear-sexual-abuse-claims/5646420

It's not going to be pretty. :(

But Mark Tedeschi is prosecuting .. he did a great job in Gittany's trial.

Some Tweets from reporters:

Amy Dale ‏@amydale_tele 1m

Crown: "This assailant did not have to force entry, this assailant gained entry by means of a key." Lin house was in darkness. #xietrial
Expand

Louise Hall ‏@LouiseCHall 1m

Crown says Lin murderer could only have got into the North Epping house using a key #xietrial
Expand

Louise Hall ‏@LouiseCHall 3m

The killer left 24 bloody shoe prints in the Lin house. Analysis shows it was from an Asics model that Robert Xie owned #xietrial
Expand

Leonie Ryan ‏@LeonieFRyan 4m

Expert will say whoever was wielding the hammer, had it attached to a rope, which was attached to their wrist #xietrial @NewsTalk2UE
Expand

Leonie Ryan ‏@LeonieFRyan 5m

The injuries to the 5 victims was caused by a 'hammer type' object. The adults had 'deformation to their faces' #xietrial @NewsTalk2UE
Expand

Kelly Fedor ‏@KellyFedor 5m

Crown tells Robert Xie trial three adults killed in their beds before a "furious struggle" with the two boys. #xietrial #9news @9NewsSyd
Expand

Leonie Ryan ‏@LeonieFRyan 7m

There was a furious struggle in Henry & Terry's room. A lot of blood on their beds and around the room #xietrial @NewsTalk2UE
Expand

News Talk 2UE 954 ‏@NewsTalk2UE 41m

Crown Prosecutor Mark Tedeschi QC begins his opening #xietrial #2UE RT @LeonieFRyan
Expand

Amy Dale ‏@amydale_tele 42m

Opening address by Mark Tedeschi QC in the #xietrial has just begun before a packed Supreme Court. @dailytelegraph

Was just reading the tweets on Leonie Ryan's twitter account .. but you are onto it sleep. Thanks. :seeya:

Hammer attached to a rope .... <shudder>

Leonie Ryan @LeonieFRyan · 17m
'they were killed in the order of threat of detection' from the adults to the two young boys #xietrial @NewsTalk2UE

Leonie Ryan @LeonieFRyan · 22m
'the degree of damage caused to the adults' faces, was a crime, which was motivated by intense bitterness & hatred' #xietrial @NewsTalk2UE

https://twitter.com/LeonieFRyan

I swear to god, Brenda better be speaking out against her uncle in this case .. if she is still on his side I think I'll scream ..

What a vile evil man, this family trusted him and he heartlessly massacred them, and defiled the daughter as well. :mad:

Not many tweets coming through now, but I'm interested to see what the new evidence is.

I may just fall in love with Mr Tedeschi all over again :heartluv:

Was media told not to tweet this part our or something .. no tweets since they said they were about to discuss new evidence .. I hope they're just shuffling papers and talking with the judge.

I'm actually worried Brenda is going to say she was abused by her own father .. I hope to god I'm wrong about that.

Not sure but there was also a 30 min gap before that tweet

I'm actually worried Brenda is going to say she was abused by her own father .. I hope to god I'm wrong about that.

Oh gawd, I was sure it was Xie molesting her and forcing her to stand by him. She would definitely know that he did the murders imo. Maybe she is a witness for the prosecution? Just making guesses, lol.

I also noticed from the link I posted yesterday, they have a prison informer as a witness - was he going to be a witness in the aborted trial?

Lin family killer used a key to their house, court told

The power had been switched off and the killer did not force his way in but used a key. He was able to navigate his way around the house in darkness, knew which victims slept in which bedroom and didn’t even go to the bedroom usually occupied by another female because he knew she was away.

Mr Tedeschi told the jury of 15 that there was no issue that the five members of the Lin family were killed and that their killer intended to cause their deaths.
‘‘The real issue for you in this trial is has the Crown satisfied you beyond reasonable doubt that it was the accused Robert Xie that was the person who murdered these five people,’’ Mr Tedeschi said.

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/lin-family-killer-used-a-key-to-their-house-court-told-20140805-100jqx.html

I swear to god, Brenda better be speaking out against her uncle in this case .. if she is still on his side I think I'll scream ..

....And if she is still on his side, we might want to ask why. Remember, she was away (out of the country?) when the murder occurred and immediately went to live with uncle after the murders.

Leonie Ryan &#8207;@LeonieFRyan 1m

Court hears Lin Family boys put up fight against their killer. Terry survived up to 30 mins; Henry between 1-2 hrs #xietrial @NewsTalk2UE

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randell9587
Back