Australia - Frances Crawford 49, found dead after suspicious lawn mower accident in Queensland.

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Thank you for making the thread Marg944.

I don't live on acreage but I'm not sure that I would be out on the ride-on lawn mower in the early hours of the morning? But maybe she was mowing earlier in the afternoon, had an accident and wasn't found until the early hours of the morning? I have questions .....

Thankyou Brissygirl. Was a learning curve… never started a thread before, but this case is so strange, it just begs to be discussed!

I actually wondered the same as you…. Maybe she wasn’t found until the early hours but had an accident earlier.

“Her husband called emergency services at 3.40am but the woman had died of her injuries before first responders arrived at the scene.”

Paramedics previously reported the incident as appearing to be “mower rollover” but on Thursday police provided an update on the investigation.

“A 49-year-old woman was located with critical injuries and passed away at the scene,” police said.

“Further investigations have led police to deem the death as suspicious and investigations are underway into the circumstances.”

Police are still waiting on the results of forensics testing.”

“An RAAF pilot is being quizzed by detectives after his wife was reportedly killed in a 'suspicious' late-night lawn mower accident - as it is revealed police were previously called to the home.

Frances Crawford, 49, was found dead on her rural property in Upper Lockyer, south-east Queensland, at 3.40am on Tuesday.

Queensland Police on Friday revealed her husband Robert Crawford, an Airforce Squadron Leader, called emergency services to report his wife had been injured by a lawnmower, with paramedics arriving to find her already dead.

Detective Superintendent George Marchesini said Sqn Ldr Crawford, who was the only other person at the property at the time, has been questioned by officers.

'He is assisting police with inquiries to determine what actually happened on that morning,' he said on Friday.

'Since that time, we've not been able to determine a cause in regards to what was discovered at the scene. We have been talking to him since [she] was discovered.'

Detective Superintendent Marchesini revealed that police had previously attended the property in July last year and there was 'some action that was taken'.

But he said there were no current domestic violenceorders in place between the couple. Sqn Ldr Crawford has not been charged with any offence over the tragedy.”

Police were called to the rural property after reports she was crushed by a mower that rolled down an embankment, with Ms Crawford declared dead at the scene.”

I don't live on acreage but I'm not sure that I would be out on the ride-on lawn mower in the early hours of the morning? But maybe she was mowing earlier in the afternoon, had an accident and wasn't found until the early hours of the morning? I have questions .....
Sounds reasonable

So can someone explain how a new thread is started?

“An RAAF pilot is being quizzed by detectives after his wife was reportedly killed in a 'suspicious' late-night lawn mower accident - as it is revealed police were previously called to the home.

Frances Crawford, 49, was found dead on her rural property in Upper Lockyer, south-east Queensland, at 3.40am on Tuesday.

Queensland Police on Friday revealed her husband Robert Crawford, an Airforce Squadron Leader, called emergency services to report his wife had been injured by a lawnmower, with paramedics arriving to find her already dead.

Detective Superintendent George Marchesini said Sqn Ldr Crawford, who was the only other person at the property at the time, has been questioned by officers.

'He is assisting police with inquiries to determine what actually happened on that morning,' he said on Friday.

'Since that time, we've not been able to determine a cause in regards to what was discovered at the scene. We have been talking to him since [she] was discovered.'

Detective Superintendent Marchesini revealed that police had previously attended the property in July last year and there was 'some action that was taken'.

But he said there were no current domestic violenceorders in place between the couple. Sqn Ldr Crawford has not been charged with any offence over the tragedy.”

Police were called to the rural property after reports she was crushed by a mower that rolled down an embankment, with Ms Crawford declared dead at the scene.”

Never a good start

So can someone explain how a new thread is started?
Of course! Happy to share my new found knowledge.

You tap on the menu (the 3 lines in top left corner just in front of the Websleuths heading. That will open up this screen…..

1722585438743.jpeg

and you then tap on “Post Thread”. Then you need to find which section to put your post, I chose Crimes in the News section. :)

The male person at house has discovered the woman around that time,” he said.

This statement doesn’t rule out whether he was home the whole time or whether he just got home and found his wife. Maybe Frances had an accident on the lawnmower earlier in the day and her husband didn’t discover her until he came home around 3am?

IMHO

I suppose in his career he could do shift work - we can't have our defence forces idle for more than half the time.

I think I heard originally that her husband had called for help around 1.00am. Still, that seems a long time for paramedics to get there .

Very sad.

Highly skeptical! Who mows the lawn at (presumably) 1am? I could see doing it early morning right at sunrise to beat the heat, but at night? Seriously dude, come on.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela
Back