Australia - Frances Crawford 49, found dead after suspicious lawn mower accident in Queensland.

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
MOO -

I had a next door neighbor who was a lovely but very quirky elderly man that was essentially nocturnal. He would only mow the lawn at 1-3 AM. It was extremely bizarre. Because of this experience, I have a really hard time believing a mother of 3 would keep the same lawn mowing schedule. My neighbor was retired for 30 years, no need to keep normal hours. A mom will most likely keep a normal day/night schedule if she can to keep up with her kids.

The Police must be so sure there can only be 2 scenarios it seems, either Frances had an accident on the ride-on mower or her husband has the answer? Police have said they are not looking for anyone else.

I wonder how they can be so sure? I had wondered about someone perhaps getting lost and calling into their property, maybe on the way to the caravan park up the road a little, which led to a situation in which Frances was killed….

“Husband assisting police after woman found dead in lawn mower incident in Upper Lockyer​

Detective Superintendent George Marchesini today said police had not been able to establish the exact circumstances of the woman's death.

He said police are not looking for anyone else in relation to the investigation.”

This article has been updated.

Updates are:
Frances' husband is based at Amberley Air Base, west of Ipswich.
The Dept of Defence has now removed his images from their official image library. He had been in several promotional media campaigns for the Dept of Defence.
A Dept of Defence spokesperson said they are aware of media reporting around Ms Crawford, and in accordance with their privacy obligations they cannot comment further.

The Courier Mail adds the disclaimer that there is no suggestion that Mr Crawford had anything to do with his wife's death.

Paraphrased from .... Police declare Upper Lockyer lawnmower rollover death of Frances Crawford as suspicious

This article has been updated.

Updates are:
Frances' husband is based at Amberley Air Base, west of Ipswich.
The Dept of Defence has now removed his images from their official image library. He had been in several promotional media campaigns for the Dept of Defence.
A Dept of Defence spokesperson said they are aware of media reporting around Ms Crawford, and in accordance with their privacy obligations they cannot comment further.

The Courier Mail adds the disclaimer that there is no suggestion that Mr Crawford had anything to do with his wife's death.

Paraphrased from .... Police declare Upper Lockyer lawnmower rollover death of Frances Crawford as suspicious
I think this means something serious is about to go down……..

IMHO

I think this means something serious is about to go down……..

IMHO

Circling the wagons ... and trying to limit the exposure of him in uniform.

The media have already grabbed photos though. There is one of him in uniform in that article (and other articles).
The photo of him in the Courier Mail article is captioned to say that this photo was removed from the Dept of Defence media library overnight.

imo

Pretty obvious the DoD is acting on their own information and is distancing themselves as fast as they can. Expect an arrest after hubby has been 'helping police with their enquiries' for a few days. If he needs a lawyer Dermot Dann is at a bit of a loose end after the Greg Lynn shenanigans.

Pretty obvious the DoD is acting on their own information and is distancing themselves as fast as they can. Expect an arrest after hubby has been 'helping police with their enquiries' for a few days. If he needs a lawyer Dermot Dann is at a bit of a loose end after the Greg Lynn shenanigans.
And Dermot is somewhat familiar with RAAF trained pilots - IMO

Maybe Frances wasn’t mowing the lawn….

“Initial reports by local media outlets suggested police had been told Ms Crawford was crushed while moving a mower, however, this has not been confirmed by detectives.

Additionally, police have also not commented on whether or not they believe Ms Crawford was using the mower at the time she sustained critical injuries. “

Maybe Frances wasn’t mowing the lawn….

“Initial reports by local media outlets suggested police had been told Ms Crawford was crushed while moving a mower, however, this has not been confirmed by detectives.

Additionally, police have also not commented on whether or not they believe Ms Crawford was using the mower at the time she sustained critical injuries. “

The time of night, outdoor temp, and time of year all make death-by-lawnmower look suspicious.

I'm still leaning toward it being an accident, mainly because even small riding mowers can weigh 400-600 pounds and it would not be an easy task to stage one to look as though someone who was riding it tipped and was crushed.

I tend to think there may have been an argument. Perhaps alcohol was involved, dulling common sense, and someone took off—careening about the property on the riding mower.

All MOO

As detectives continue to investigate the baffling case, the military has swiftly deleted posts on their official Facebook page about Mr Crawford, 47, who is a Squadron Leader based out of Amberley Airforce Base.

The social media posts spruiked the efforts of the armed services and featured photos of Mr Crawford on duty alongside quotes from him about military projects.

Daily Mail Australia can also reveal that Mr Crawford was embroiled in court issues while stationed in Adelaide in 2012.
He was charged with abuse of public office after he allegedly manipulated regulations to get a Middle East posting and earn a tax-free bonus ..........
Prosecutors later dropped all charges against him.

The Police must be so sure there can only be 2 scenarios it seems, either Frances had an accident on the ride-on mower or her husband has the answer? Police have said they are not looking for anyone else.

I wonder how they can be so sure? I had wondered about someone perhaps getting lost and calling into their property, maybe on the way to the caravan park up the road a little, which led to a situation in which Frances was killed….

“Husband assisting police after woman found dead in lawn mower incident in Upper Lockyer​

Detective Superintendent George Marchesini today said police had not been able to establish the exact circumstances of the woman's death.

He said police are not looking for anyone else in relation to the investigation.”

Quite frankly, I find his whole story ludicrous and preposterous. As a jaded American WS’er, I’ve heard less creative variations on this story a thousand times before from husbands who kill their wives (we had an argument and she just took off in the middle of the night…without her phone, shoes, purse, yes and no clothes!)

But police have to go on more than that, so here’s a few things that they could be using:

1. Inconsistencies and vague answers in his account, and things that don’t make sense when they pressed him.
2. Evidence inside the house of a struggle or violence - blood or signs of cleanup, bleach smell, etc.
3. Autopsy that shows injuries that are inconsistent with how he claims she died - blunt force trauma to the back of the head, for example. They said they don’t know the circumstances of her death, but that doesn’t mean they don’t know the cause of death.

Quite frankly, I find his whole story ludicrous and preposterous. As a jaded American WS’er, I’ve heard less creative variations on this story a thousand times before from husbands who kill their wives (we had an argument and she just took off in the middle of the night…without her phone, shoes, purse, yes and no clothes!)
Jaded @Kittybunny from the ludicrous stories or just how some humans treat other humans?

Jaded @Kittybunny from the ludicrous stories or just how some humans treat other humans?

Both, really, but primarily from what seems like an epidemic of domestic violence and husbands who feel entitled to dispose of their wives and then are arrogant enough to believe that no one will question their lies. Just in the last few years, I have been following at least 10 or so stories of husbands who disappeared their wives or partners in the US. But one in Australia I’m following is the guy who ran over his Olympic cycling wife with his Ute who claimed she tried to climb on the hood as he was driving away. Not buying his story either!!!

Both, really, but primarily from what seems like an epidemic of domestic violence and husbands who feel entitled to dispose of their wives and then are arrogant enough to believe that no one will question their lies. Just in the last few years, I have been following at least 10 or so stories of husbands who disappeared their wives or partners in the US. But one in Australia I’m following is the guy who ran over his Olympic cycling wife with his Ute who claimed she tried to climb on the hood as he was driving away. Not buying his story either!!!
I am following that one very closely also. Very sad.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rythmico
Back