Australia - Frances Crawford 49, found dead after suspicious lawn mower accident in Queensland.

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Thankyou Brissygirl. Was a learning curve… never started a thread before, but this case is so strange, it just begs to be discussed!

I actually wondered the same as you…. Maybe she wasn’t found until the early hours but had an accident earlier.

“Her husband called emergency services at 3.40am but the woman had died of her injuries before first responders arrived at the scene.”
Bbm.
No one is out mowing then, imo.
Or if so, very unusual.
If she died earlier the day before i.e., in the later evening, why did he wait to call ?
Did they have security or doorbell ring cams ?
Any neighbors cameras or did anyone outside the home hear something ?
Omo.

Eta: Some farmers do harvest at night or into the morning, so ...

Last edited:
I found this news article on 7news Toowoomba Facebook page, no date, only says “1 week ago”, which may be 9th August.

In the video, Det Supt George Marchesini makes a statement that clears up one question some of us were wondering…… if Frances’ husband was not living at the Thomas Road property. The Det states “male person who resides at that location, he contacted Police”. So the husband does live there.

The news reporter then states that:-

Police are investigating the possibility that domestic violence was involved in Ms Crawford’s death.”

Which is the first time I have seen that in the media.

Are you sure they said that as I didn’t hear that in the police press convo. They said prior call-out 12 mths ago, but no current DV orders in place…

Having said that, I’ll go out on a limb with my personal thoughts - sadly ( and I that I’m wrong) I don’t think that this is a genuine accident.

It’s taking a very long time for the results autopsy / forensic reports to be made public.
KAnd in some respects I can understand that - any charges against someone must be pretty much water tight IMO - but I’d presume the ADF will be a much hasher critic.

Thank you for making the thread Marg944.

I don't live on acreage but I'm not sure that I would be out on the ride-on lawn mower in the early hours of the morning? But maybe she was mowing earlier in the afternoon, had an accident and wasn't found until the early hours of the morning? I have questions .....

There's dew on the grass in the morning, right ?
So a little challenging to mow around 3am.
Omo.

Bbm.
No one is out mowing then, imo.
Or if so, very unusual.
If she died earlier the day before i.e., in the later evening, why did he wait to call ?
Did they have security or doorbell ring cams ?
Any neighbors cameras or did anyone outside the home hear something ?
Omo.
I think these are shared questions - I presume shared also by the investigators since they’ve deemed the incident as ‘suspicious’.

With some first hand knowledge, when I consider the challenges faced by our defence personnel, and their mental health fallout - I’m ashamed.

But there can be other options for this occurrence & I’m hopeful ( certainly for the sake of their children )

Are you sure they said that as I didn’t hear that in the police press convo. They said prior call-out 12 mths ago, but no current DV orders in place…

At around 0:55 in the video.

Reporter: Police also disclosed that they had previously been called out to the Thomas Road property, and will investigate the possibility that domestic violence was involved in Ms Crawford's death.

DS Marchesini: "Police had attended the scene there, last year, in 2023 in July, there was some action that was taken. There are no current DV, domestic violence, orders that are in place."

Maybe DS Marchesini had been asked if DV was involved, and he said they would investigate that, prior to his statement about July 2023. Unfortunately, the video does not show the reporters questions or any previous answers.

Any evidence of former domestic violence shifts suspicion more strongly to the husband. JMOO

I wish we'd get a meaningful update.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meteora47