Australia - Frances Crawford 49, found dead after suspicious lawn mower accident in Queensland.

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This article informs us there will be a press conference today at 10am.

Oh good, finally! As I’m in the US and super time-zone challenged, I can’t even begin to guess what day or time this will be, so I’ll just keep checking here until you lovely Aussies report back!

P.S. If this was a legit mowing accident, I’ll eat my hat and wash it down with a pint of Victoria Bitter!

This article informs us there will be a press conference today at 10am.

I wonder what the "appeal to media" could be about? A request for dashcam or other footage? Guess I will have to wait and see!

'Detective Superintendent George Marchesini will provide an update and appeal to media in relation to a suspicious death investigation in the Lockyer Valley,' a police spokesperson said.
(from your linked article)

Oh good, finally! As I’m in the US and super time-zone challenged, I can’t even begin to guess what day or time this will be, so I’ll just keep checking here until you lovely Aussies report back!

P.S. If this was a legit mowing accident, I’ll eat my hat and wash it down with a pint of Victoria Bitter!
That should be an RM Williams hat!

"People having relationships with Mr Crawford - not just on dating apps, but in any walk of life"

From the presser

I missed a lot of it too, is that all the info the police are appealing for? Information about her husband?
Not sounding good. Perhaps another suspected domestic homicide.
Will have to see if I can find the whole presser somewhere, once they have time to upload it.

Detective Superintendent George Marchesini says police believe Frances Crawford was murdered.

ETA

"At this stage forensic testing and also analysis of to how Frances came to be located at the bottom of the retaining wall remains subject to investigation," he says.

Investigators have also uncovered Ms Crawford's husband Robert had been messaging other women on dating apps around the world and in Australia.

'We believe there were women that were involved with relationships with Mr Crawford who may have information about Frances that will assist with this investigation,' he told reporters.

'We can say Mr Crawford has connected with women nationally and internationally.'

Police said he has connected with women in countries such as the US, Italy, Papua New Guinea, Guam, Japan, New Zealand and around Australia.

Mr Crawford is Royal Australian Air Force Squadron Leader based out of Amberley Airforce Base.

Det Spt Marchesini said police had been called to the home over reports of domesic violence in July last year, but no apprehended violence orders were in place then or at the time of Ms Crawford's death.“

:mad: :mad::mad:

What does "bottom of the retaining wall" mean? Were there more people there? I thought this happened at 3 am or something at their house

I will put these pics here again, of the house where Frances lived and was found dead.

It looks like there is a retaining wall at the back of the house, separating the house/lawn from a gully behind the house.

I wonder if "bottom of the retaining wall" means in the gully, or on the other side of the retaining wall It looks as though it may be a partial retaining wall with some breaks at each end.

a.jpg b.jpg

Link

I will put these pics here again, of the house where Frances lived and was found dead.

It looks like there is a retaining wall at the back of the house, separating the house/lawn from a gully behind the house.

I wonder if "bottom of the retaining wall" means in the gully, or on the other side of the retaining wall It looks as though it may be a partial retaining wall with some breaks at each end.

View attachment 535199 View attachment 535200

Link
Maybe she was partially pinned to the wall.

Investigators have also uncovered Ms Crawford's husband Robert had been messaging other women on dating apps around the world and in Australia.

'We believe there were women that were involved with relationships with Mr Crawford who may have information about Frances that will assist with this investigation,' he told reporters.

'We can say Mr Crawford has connected with women nationally and internationally.'

Police said he has connected with women in countries such as the US, Italy, Papua New Guinea, Guam, Japan, New Zealand and around Australia.

Mr Crawford is Royal Australian Air Force Squadron Leader based out of Amberley Airforce Base.

Det Spt Marchesini said police had been called to the home over reports of domesic violence in July last year, but no apprehended violence orders were in place then or at the time of Ms Crawford's death.“

:mad: :mad::mad:

It sounds as if the police have seized his phone and any other devices he may have used. A prime POI in a homicide investigation.

And it sounds as if the husband may have been interested in gaining "a girl in every port", so to speak.

imo

Can't they get the data or at least the contacts from the dating sites? Making a public appeal seems a bit strange IMO

Maybe people aren't registered under their own name. They may be registered as Pretty Frangipani and things like that.
And the linked email addresses may also be in names that are not their own.

With all of the countries involved, maybe gaining access to their IP addresses isn't easy, or possible in some cases.

One thing is for sure though, if the police didn't need assistance there would have been no press conference.

imo

Last edited:

“We can say Mr Crawford has connected with women national and internationally, specifically Italy, United States of America, Papua New Guinea, Guam, Afghanistan, Japan, Malaysia, New Zealand and nationally in Western Australia, Australian Capital Territory, Northern Territory, New South Wales, Victoria and Queensland.”

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firefly64
Back